Your most disturbing False awakening

Mine was when I just had an extremely bad nightmare, got out of bed and was about to ask my mum what was for breakfast when she turned round and had red eyes! I then awoke IRL.

quivers Ohh my! That would be pretty freaky to experience. :bored:

I’ve never had a FA before, but I’d like one anyway, even if it was frightening. :tongue:

Might be the time I woke up and told my sister all about FAs, without thinking that I could be having one the very seconds I said that :rofl:

When I looked at my watch and saw it was an hour after my maths test was due to start. Oh my god, total panic!

…and it turned out, I didn’t even have a maths test in real life. :peek:

I remember once waking up after a LD. In my bed, in the dark, with this girl just standing at the bottom of my bed, and her head was bent all the way over sideways at the neck so that her ear was flat against her shoulder. I sort of knew I was dreaming, but it scared the crap out of me. I think I screamed and threw a stuffed dinosaur at her, then closed my eyes and thought very firmly to myself that when I opened them there would be nobody there. It worked. Whew. :sleeping: I know it doesn’t sound too bad, but it was one of those things where it scared me really bad for no good reason.

This is my most disturbing one… I woke up and everything looked exactly like waking life and my vision was just as vivid.
This is how the false awakening was: I woke up in my room, put on my clothed and walked across to hallway to my parents room to ask about something. I went into their room and they were both sleeping. Then suddently my mom sat up in like a split second and her eyes were glowing red and her face was all twisted. The scene was very similar to the one with the girl in the movie exorcism.
Then i woke up with a snap and again i put on my clothes and went out of my door leading to the hallway… Just as i got out of the door i snapped awake again and this happened 2 more times before i really woke up.

That was disturbingly similar to my FA :smile:

yeah it seems lots of ppl have dreams like this, for some odd reason

i went to bed with a stuffed animal cat on my chest when i was fairly young.

had a nightmare about an old lady trying to poison me and some kids that she was babysitting.

i woke up and walked down the hall, and something wasn’t right.

i turned around and she was right in front of me, totally vivid and i … woke up absolutely terrified… it was very very disturbing.

it was more that she had a terrifying charge to her vibes than that she looked “real” she was kind of cartoonish.

it’s kind of like how you can be terrified of like, winnie the pooh or something, in a nightmare, even though he just looks normal. (or like in the Shining, when it shows the teddy bear in the closet, but it freaks you out real bad anyway becuase you aren’t expecting a teddy bear!)

one time I was lucid and randomly decided I would wake up. I kept “waking up” in different places, but still being in a dream, until I couldn’t wake up in any place at all and was in all this bright white light.

i should have stayed in the light but it was kind of unnerving, not being able to wake up, and not understanding where my body was even sleeping at!

I woke up (in the dream), went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and I had the most disgusting cut on my forehead. It was really deep and gory. It was like a hole in my head. I didn’t wake up then though, I talked to a girl called Elle.

That’s probably the worst one so far. It’d probably be even scarier for me, as I’m afraid of mirrors in dreams. (Not in real life funnily)

Oh no! Don’t wish for that! :sad:

I have this recurring nightmare, in which I have at least 3 and as much as 5 FAs and it’s so frustrating and scary.

I know this is a bit of an old topic but it’s still on the first page (if barley :eh: ).

Anyways, I’ve had some freaky FAs but most annoying one was during the winter last year. I “woke up” and pulled myself out of bed into the cold and got dressed, washed my face and everything. Something that I find hard to do when it’s still dark. I was just sitting down to eat breakfast (highlight of the morning), when I woke up for real this time. I looked at my clock and found out I had slept in a good half hour longer then I should have and that I was, in fact, not dressed and not ready at all and I was very, very annoyed.

That still bugs me to this day!

I woke up, climbed out of bed, and walked to the door. I turned the knob and started to open it, when this big dog thing (think about Ghostbusters) burst through the door and knocked me over, waking me up again… I had to think twice about opening the door after that…

ahh my worst happened like this: After this crazy, and creepy dream i “woke up”. I was in my bed, it was dark, i got out, went to the bathroom, turned on the light, and my face was ENTIRELY swollen and blue like it had huge bruises all over it, and my eyes were shrunk into the back of my face with these huge, dry, black lines circling them. After i saw this for like 2 seconds i really woke up O_o. Messed up eh?

I don’t remember exactly when I had this nightmare, but I clearly remember having my parents chase me as I try to escape from my house. Every time I had a FA the exact same thing would repeat. Of course, I became lucid after three or so, but I think it took another five or six before I actually woke up - and the farthest I got was my front yard. :cry:

Oh god, the really bizarre ones scare me. It’s like when a video game or Tamagotchi glitches up beyond recovery, freezes that way for a few seconds, and then resets as normal. (Yep, you can crash Tamagotchis, just mess around with the batteries a lot.)

My most successful LD was in fact a bunch of FAs one after the other. I got scared a lot and had to ask my mom to reassure me that I was dreaming… Maybe there’s just something about FAs that could make a person more scared than usual

I never had any really disturbing FAs. The worst I’ve experienced is waking up and being almost totally unable to write down my dreams. Took me ages, I kept writing them down in the wrong journals or I wrote complete gibberish.

I usually think of FAs before falling asleep, usually along the lines "If there’s a hag sitting at my bedside when I wake up, it’s a dream and I’ll just use my insert gun from whatever FPS I’m playing at the moment. Yeah, I’m a bit practical that way. :cool:

The worst was when I woke up with the sun warm and shining over me, but I have this cold chill going up my spine. When I go to check my locked door I realize that it’s already opened. A stare in fear as a guy lets himself into my room and rapes me.

Not certain as if this is exactly a FA as everyone normally calls it… Well, here’s the story:

Some night, I wake up and decide to grab my notepad to write down a dream before I forget it. Problem is, I’m dead sleepy. I fall asleep before actually doing it, but have a FA of writing down the stuff and going to sleep.

On the next morning, I check my notepad and - behold! No notes >_>