My mum's going to think I'm a weirdo seeing those bananas...

Yeah, when I try to LD or even get better rememberance, I eat a banana right before bed. In fact, this morning, I brought two, one for that night, and one for the next. I didn’t want to leave the banana under my pillow so I put it on the headboard. I got very strange looks.

There is always the option of not bringing bananas into bed before going to sleep, and I hope you’re aware of that. :tongue: Why not just keep them in the kitchen, and eat them there before going to sleep? It makes you appear as much more of a normal person. :crazy:

Haha, but sneaking out is a lot harder. The later the easier, but by the time the parents are asleep, it’s too late for any hopes of LDing.

Just out of curiosity, is anybody here not a weirdo?

Well… I suppose we must all be at least SLIGHTLY eccentric if we’re posting on a forum on how to get LDs… hehehe, it’d be so awesome if LDing was common knowledge amongst humans. It may even reduce violence in the world, as people could kill/steal/get laid in LDs, possibly being able to vent stress/have loads of fun stuff/get pleasured, without doing anything wrong!

Feh, it’d probably never happen though…

A… banana?

What exactly is in the bananas that help you have better dream recall? I’m just curious because I’m pretty sure that’s teh strangerst/coolest way I’ve heard recently in ways of improving LD and DR :grin: .

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure I’ve read that bananas are high in vitamin B6, which aids in dream recall, and it also increases how vivid dreams are.

Thats the world of a lucid dreamer… Go bannanas

Why sneak into the kitchen? Why sneak around? Are your parents anti lucid dreaming? Because if they are maybe you should educate them. Make it all easier for everybody.

Banana’s help the vividness of my dreams sometimes… sometimes they don’t.
But a variable of stress and stuff will make a difference.
What I mean… you can eat 10 banana’s and then have a lot of stress and not had a decent dream recall that night…

Dude, are you serious?!? :unk: I don’t like bannanas but I am so going to sneak one in my room and eat it! laughs :happy: )

umm, why not just tell your parents that bananas contain B6 and that you’re using them to increase your chances for LDs?

I talk about lucidity all the time with my parents, and my mom even picks up bottles of B6 for me whenever I run out. As long as you approach it scientifically, no one can really tell you you’re weird (well, they can, but we wont :razz: )

It’s not so much as they’re anti-LDing, it’s just they don’t like me rhomping around at night. Also, they keep wondering where all the bananas go. :unk:

Hm… while I don’t exactly plan to eat ten bananas right before bed, I’m not terribly stressed out, so I might try eating two or three tonight and see what happens! :happy:

Why stop at just one? :cool_laugh:

Haha, my dreams are pretty screwed up. o_o I keep a dream journal thing, and if they find it, then it’ll be really awkward. And it’d be a weird subject choice to start a conversation about. Oh well, I’ll be able to control my dreams when they’re still being chased by demons! :cool_laugh:

Just keep the bananas in the kitchen and take them with you when you normally go to your room for the night.

I think they also contain tryptophan, which converts into serotonin when processed in your body.(I think :neutral: )

My mum found my stash. :sad: The cheeky bugger left a cheeky note!

"No food after cleaning teeth! Especially 3 bananas!

–The Diet Fairy"

Under the pillow, where the 'naners were. :sad:

:rofl: your mum has a cool sense of humor :lmao:

why don’t you explain what they’re for? and eat one and then brush your teeth afterwards, and go to bed? you don’t need to eat them right before falling asleep, half an hour before or so i’d say.

Half an hour? Okay, sounds good! :content:

Although, I had a dream last night that I’ll post in a few hours. It involves my social life, an embarassing side to it, I wouldn’t want her to see my notebook! :cry:

That was pretty funny! XD You did find it funny right?

You could always include the bananas on the side with other LDing foods or even mix them together in a dish… Then your mom will only think you have an eating disorder. :grin: