EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

My mum's going to think I'm a weirdo seeing those bananas...

Author  Message 

My mum's going to think I'm a weirdo seeing those bananas...
PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Yeah, when I try to LD or even get better rememberance, I eat a banana right before bed. In fact, this morning, I brought two, one for that night, and one for the next. I didn't want to leave the banana under my pillow so I put it on the headboard. I got very strange looks.

Current LD goal(s): Triggering lucidity often and being able to maintain it
Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

There is always the option of not bringing bananas into bed before going to sleep, and I hope you're aware of that. Why not just keep them in the kitchen, and eat them there before going to sleep? It makes you appear as much more of a normal person. crazy2

Haha, but sneaking out is a lot harder. The later the easier, but by the time the parents are asleep, it's too late for any hopes of LDing.

mgroat
Carpe Noctem
Somniologist

Just out of curiosity, is anybody here not a weirdo?

Well... I suppose we must all be at least SLIGHTLY eccentric if we're posting on a forum on how to get LDs... hehehe, it'd be so awesome if LDing was common knowledge amongst humans. It may even reduce violence in the world, as people could kill/steal/get laid in LDs, possibly being able to vent stress/have loads of fun stuff/get pleasured, without doing anything wrong!

Feh, it'd probably never happen though...

Skiff
Shadowboxer in color
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

A... banana?

What exactly is in the bananas that help you have better dream recall? I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure that's teh strangerst/coolest way I've heard recently in ways of improving LD and DR grin .

Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

Skiff wrote:
A... banana?

What exactly is in the bananas that help you have better dream recall? I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure that's teh strangerst/coolest way I've heard recently in ways of improving LD and DR grin .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I've read that bananas are high in vitamin B6, which aids in dream recall, and it also increases how vivid dreams are.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Thats the world of a lucid dreamer... Go bannanas

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

Why sneak into the kitchen? Why sneak around? Are your parents anti lucid dreaming? Because if they are maybe you should educate them. Make it all easier for everybody.

srs2388
Is this a dream?
Novice dreamer

Banana's help the vividness of my dreams sometimes... sometimes they don't.
But a variable of stress and stuff will make a difference.
What I mean... you can eat 10 banana's and then have a lot of stress and not had a decent dream recall that night...

DarkRaven
Mistress of Flames
Somniologist
DarkRaven has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Um, a lot.

PostPosted: Wed 13 Sep, 2006  Reply with quote

Dude, are you serious?!? wow I don't like bannanas but I am so going to sneak one in my room and eat it! *laughs* lachtraan )

Humble Dreamer
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 60

umm, why not just tell your parents that bananas contain B6 and that you're using them to increase your chances for LDs?

I talk about lucidity all the time with my parents, and my mom even picks up bottles of B6 for me whenever I run out. As long as you approach it scientifically, no one can really tell you you're weird (well, they can, but we wont tounge2 )

krakatoa wrote:
Why sneak into the kitchen? Why sneak around? Are your parents anti lucid dreaming? Because if they are maybe you should educate them. Make it all easier for everybody.

It's not so much as they're anti-LDing, it's just they don't like me rhomping around at night. Also, they keep wondering where all the bananas go. wow

srs2388 wrote:
Banana's help the vividness of my dreams sometimes... sometimes they don't.
But a variable of stress and stuff will make a difference.
What I mean... you can eat 10 banana's and then have a lot of stress and not had a decent dream recall that night...

Hm... while I don't exactly plan to eat ten bananas right before bed, I'm not terribly stressed out, so I might try eating two or three tonight and see what happens! :D

DarkRaven wrote:
Dude, are you serious?!? wow I don't like bannanas but I am so going to sneak one in my room and eat it! *laughs* )

Why stop at just one? 8D

Thai Boxer wrote:
umm, why not just tell your parents that bananas contain B6 and that you're using them to increase your chances for LDs?

I talk about lucidity all the time with my parents, and my mom even picks up bottles of B6 for me whenever I run out. As long as you approach it scientifically, no one can really tell you you're weird (well, they can, but we wont tounge2 )

Haha, my dreams are pretty screwed up. o_o I keep a dream journal thing, and if they find it, then it'll be really awkward. And it'd be a weird subject choice to start a conversation about. Oh well, I'll be able to control my dreams when they're still being chased by demons! 8D

Fiver
repentant
Dream Deity

Just keep the bananas in the kitchen and take them with you when you normally go to your room for the night.

DayLight
RIP Albert Hofmann
cookie lover
LD count: ?

BlissfulBlues wrote:
Skiff wrote:
A... banana?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I've read that bananas are high in vitamin B6, which aids in dream recall, and it also increases how vivid dreams are.

I think they also contain tryptophan, which converts into serotonin when processed in your body.(I think neutral )

print