OBE problem, any suggestions?

Moved from the Beyond Dreaming forum cause it’s mainly about the hypnagogic state.

Hello,
I’m new here and it seems like a pretty nifty place.
I’ve been looking into Lucide Dreams and OBE’s for a few months now and I’ve been trying to get myself into the Hypnopompic state which is a way to get the body to sleep and keep the soul awake…making it possible to leave the body whilst still consious.

The problem is that I always get close…
I feel the rocking which is apparently a sign that I’m close but it always stops because I get abit excited.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to get over this little mile stone?

Thanks.

What do you do to get excited?

Your feeling the sensation /vibration and your moving , open your eyes , fear the sensation or it annoy you and you stop ?

Because I dont think jsut being excited , I mean just feeling the sensation throughout the body and thinking about them would end the hypno states…

Hi Bambi, welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’ve moved your topic into the First Steps forum cause I think you should get more answers and advices here.

Do you mean the hypnagogic state? Hypnagogic=when you fall asleep, hypnopompic=when you wake up.

Have you thought about practising WBTB? It’s easier to have WILD’s/OBE’s after some hours of sleep than when you first go to bed.

Yeah, I meant the hypnogogic state.
lol :tongue:
Hmm, maybe it’s fear; it’s all just mixed emotions really because I’m not sure what to expect.

Yeah the reason I’m on this sight is because I heard going into a LD is a good gateway to have an OBE.

Thanks for the input!

Yes, you need to practice in order to accustom yourself to those curious sensations. Your fear is perhaps also related to the fact you expect an OBE. But there is nothing to be afraid indeed. :smile: