Feeling of energy surging through my body

Note: This is taken from my other post, but its a different topic.

Ok last night I had my first go at WILD. Something really weird happened…

I relaxed, and repeated in my head, “I am going to stay aware, I’m going to remember my dream, I am dreaming”. After a while, I felt dazed and saw colors, I think this was the hypnagogic state. As soon as I got there, my adrenaline starting pumping massivley and my heart was beating too fast to go to sleep. It felt like a shock of electricity surged through my body. I tried again after that and I kept getting some tingling feelings through the back of my spine, though, no adrenaline like the first time. I ended up getting about 7 small ones and 2-3 big ones. As I was trying to reach the hypnagogic state again my right eye would always slowly open , so I would shut it and start over but that kept distracting me. After that, I gave up and went to sleep Though, I did remember my dream quite well.

Has anyone else got that electric feeling or know why I had it? I also started to feel paralyzed, but I could still move, my muscles were just tight.

One of the most important things to keep in mind during WILD is to ignore all sensations in your body. This will only distract you and keep you from reaching your goal. I know this is a bit difficult, but it’s very important; just keep focusing and concentrating on you goal. With time and effort, eventually you may be able to get past this point without any problems. As for my WILD experiences, I haven’t tried it in months; I lost interest since I had enough DILDs as it was. I’ve had similar experiences in which the hypnagogic stage had disappeared completely, and my heart began racing. Although I’m sure it’s normal, it sure can be a nuisance. :roll:

Just keep at it, but it really takes plenty of commitment to really master WILD. This is why I don’t really bother with it. :whistle:

As for sudden energy surges, the same thing has happened to me earlier today, although I wasn’t practicing with WILD. This was somewhat related to the fact that I’m now working on AP. :astral: After doing some chakra opening and energy work (as I’ve read about it) I began to work on astral projection. This time, I had really given it my best effort, but perhaps I over did it. I didn’t astral project yet (I’m still a beginner, but I will soon, no doubt about it) but even after I had given up, closed my chakras, and pulled the energy back down through my body, I was filled with that electric energy that you were talking about. In fact, I couldn’t sit still and I had to run around like a maniac just to get it all out of my system. :tongue:

Uhm yeah it was the first time i’ve ever tried WILD today and i tried it for an hour or so, I just focussed on an object. When I felt myself drifting into the hypno state, i became overly excited I assume, because my heart started racing and after that it was real hard to even catch images of the object i was focussing on just because I was barely tired anymore.

Wow, i can definitely relate to these problems. I always try to roll out of my body or something of the sort when i reach the HI but i get too excited when it feels like im actually about to do it.

oh well…

Practice makes perfect.

This electric feeling is rather common, i think, amongst WILD’ers. It’s often related to the feeling of your body getting numb or paralyzed. Thus it may be related to entering REM sleep but I’m unsure.

Yes I think so too. Your heart rate also accelerates in REM sleep so that may be why my heart rate shoots up. But its probably also because I get excited when I think I’m about to enter a dream. Last night I tried WILD for the second time and after about an hour my right eye started twitching a bit. Could this be rapid eye movements in REM?

Yes, it’s possible. About the heart rating and REM, that’s right but in this very case, I suppose it’s because of adrenaline. I has happened to me too in the beginnings.

Ok last night when I tried WILD it happened again. I got the closest to entering the dream world than I had ever been. Near the peak of the electric feelings, my eyes twitch like mad.

I think noticing the twitching is what is stopping me.
By the way, to stay on topic, this question is for WILDers.

How long does it take you after the intense “vibrations” to enter the dream?

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic, but I would also like an answer to this question if possible. Anybody?

Thanks.

Something like that happened to me.
I like cats.
I was doing a wild in the afternoon and I saw a rollercoster coming at me so I got scared and woke up but when I did, a surge of energy in my body and my leg twitch. This actually happened to me like four times.

From what I heard, I think that if you experience strong vibrations, you’re already in the dream.
[size=34]I like bats.[/size]

I haven’t got this far in a WILD before, I can get into HI easily I think, but never got further, just needs practice. But, if I understand correctly, then after the vibrations subside, you should have no difficulty concentrating and I think by this point your body should be paralysed. From what i’ve heard, it sounds like getting past the vibrations is the hard part, after that, just wait for the images to form enough and then draw yourself into the dream. :smile:

Would anybody correct me if i’m wrong, I know how WILD works, but i’ve not experienced it for myself so I can’t give an answer from experience.

Haha wow, I had just posted something about not being able to have these vibrations, but maybe I should stop complaining if they cause discomfort and trouble with WILD.

As a child I used to go into my Alpha state alot and just stay in that state of mind for quite a while. Maybe that’s what helped the effect of WILD come easier to me ^^ Or then again…maybe not lol. Either way, it just takes practice and alot of patience.

By the way:

That was pretty random :rofl:

My eye’s kept slowly opening the times I’ve tried to do WILD.

Very annoying it is.

What’s the Alpha state?

Yes the same happens to me. Wow, I thought this post was dead. I created it quite a while ago.

Anyways, I have related the vibrations to qi/chi. It feels like chi, but it could just be a physiological process. When I used to try WILD, the vibrations would excite me therefore making it hard to sleep. Because, at that point I am thinking about trying not to think, which is thinking in itself. A vicious circle if you ask me :content:

Hmmm, hard for me to explain, but basically Alpha state is one of the stages in your sleeping patterns. Using a certain technique my mother showed me I am able to get to that stage and stay there as if it were a dream :smile: if you understand me. It’s almost like having a lucid dream in some of the experiences I have. I sometimes just lay inside myself for hours and do w/e I please. But it doesn’t have the feeling like a LD :sad:.
If anyone would like to better explain this? I’m not the best explainer lol.

Alpha waves correspond to a relaxed waking state. They are also found in stage 1 of sleep.

Are the electric feelings something like sticking a fork in an outlet? If so, you can probably just log roll or stand up while it’s happening (your dreambody will move instead of you’re normal one) (or you’ll end up on the floor)… You gotta be ready for 'em, though. :universe:

Just beware of doing that because if your the alpha state for example , you could really start a OBE . And if you didnt plan to do one , it could be very weird and scary.