Movie thread Part III

I’d like to take this random moment to say that Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Donnie Darko, Waking Life and Jazzclub - Der Frühe Vogel Fängt Den Wurm are my favorite movies.

Have you seen The Scanner Darkly yet?? It’s worth it :grin:

No, not yet, but I definately will. :cool:

The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, Little Miss Sunshine, any wes anderson film, and both jared hess films.

[color=#cc3333]merged :bruno:

Original topic: Movie: The Science Of Sleep[/color]

This looks like a really great movie, from the director of my fav movie of all time, eternal sunshine o\ spotless mind

EDIT: Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=VokGISf6-PY

IMDB Page:

imdb.com/title/tt0354899/

That seems cool, thanks for sharing it. Im not sure if it would be wrapped around a love story, or what. Looks lovey dovey, but its good to see with a chick :wink:

How was Little Miss Sunshine? I was intrigued, and I dont know why :bored:

Check out this other clip from The Science of Sleep. It looks pretty cool to me…a phone call between the waking and dreaming worlds:
video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 2683188745

That was really cool Cynster, is this movie released yet?

After watching that scene I want to see the movie more rather than the original thought I had about it. Thanks for sharing :grin:

Alot of good movies are out I wanted to see an Independent film called Cocaine Cowboys, but it wasnt working when I went to the city to go see it :sad:

Borat was next on the list, but we just skipped the idea completely. But it seems like alot of good movies are out, but I have been out of touch. Any opinions?? :confused:

I just saw Ring 0 :yes:

Poor…Sadoko.

Right now i have one and it is Donnie Darko. :content:

The Crow. Fantastic film in every way. (IMHO)

Two old movies, Darko is good, although you can only watch it so many times.

The Crow was good for it’s time, but when I watch it, some parts stick out to be a little cheesy. But once you get past that it turns out to be a completely violent movie :grin: On top of things this is the movie that Bruce Lee’s son, Brandon Lee died on the set. Not 100% what was cause of death, in my head I’m think the gun didn’t contain any blanks and the rounds were filled. So there’s a little controversy for you. :tongue:

Either way the good news is that A Scanner Darkly is coming out on dvd at the end of this month, on the 19th. Write it on your holiday list, awesome movie. Just for pointers, the person that directed it was Richard Linklater, he directed or made Waking life and Dazed and Confused. The story came from Phillip K. D*ck(edit, forum wont allow name) and his ideas are completely nuts. Good stuff :grin:

Yes, I’m definitely going to get A Scanner Darkly from Netflix when it’s out, I LOVE surrealism. And that film looks like Salvador Dali and David Lynch together on a PCP binge haha.
Also, I do agree that The Crow can get somewhat overdramatic in certain parts, but not nearly as much as it’s sequels. And then there’s the Crow playstation game… (blech) But I think it overcomes those pitfalls with the overall plot being moving without succumbing to cheese.

As for Donnie Darko, it looks too emo-fabulous for me.

This movie, was way more depressing then Waking life, I didnt really like it. It had a good moral to it, but it was pretty damn scary.

Yeah, but the scenes with the 3 main characters disputing if someone broke the car purposely, just so they can take advantage of their time. I was laughing so hard, otherwise it was sad as the story goes on. Owell thats life :grin:

After I gave it time to sink in, I do want to watch it againe, its just one of them movies you dont watch just once. Its mindblowing like Waking life.

Last movie I watched in cinema is Borat lol , definatly hilarious! :lol:

Before that, a year ago (thats how often I went this year) it was Howls Moving Castle which was brilliant :smile:

Recent DVD’s are: The Beavis & Butthead Collection vol 1,
Ren & Stimpy the Lost episodes, and Silent Hill

I just watched “Eternal sunshine of a Spotless mind”
really excelent movie! recomended!

Children of Men (no spoilers)

Has anyone seen this yet? i saw it the other day and i gotta say it’s the most gruesome, grisly, depressing movie that you will ever want to see twice. It was absolutely incredible, everything about this movie was superb, and delivers a haunting message. The cinematography was fantastic. The story was moving. The pase was quick. The action was abundant. This is a masterpiece, and easily the best movie of 2006. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry (proverbially), and you’ll hope that this grim look at what could be is never a reality. A++++++++ for Children of Men

WARNING: the following contains not much sense… (no spoilers unless you had no idea what the movie was about)
On a funny note, as we were walking out of the theater, we saw why the world was a complete mess in that movie. Some SKATOR kids were yelling, swearing, and acting SUPER COOL AWESOME TOTALLY WICKED SICK!.. pricks, i hate those kids, and i thanked god they didnt come mouthing off to us, cuz we woulda had to kick all theyre asses. The world was f***ked because THEY were the ones that were adults by that time :tongue: . Also, everyone was infertile in that movie because… “HEY! can you do a 900?” “I sure can! OUCH!.. one!.. OUCH!.. two!..” :rofl: i rule!

But seriously go see children of men, preferably with a group of people that won’t talk during the movie.