Sleeping Tips

moved to "stuff dreams are made of, as it is a sleep related question :yaaawn:

I was thinking for a while that one of the reasons thatpeople miss their oppurtunity(for me anyway) is because they have no control over when they fall asleep(usually because it takes too long). SO I was wondering does anyone have tips on how to fall asleep faster or with more control over time?

For fast sleeping: Force yourself to try and read (and actually understand) an advanced accounting textbook for half an hour. You’ll be asleep within minutes.

Note: This does not help with dreaming, but it’s practically certifed as a quick-sleep aid. :tongue:

That doesn’t work at all. I just get sick of things like that soon, but it won’t make me sleep.

I just try to find a comfortable position and not move. Then I imagine a golden ball of light going through my body, filling it with a golden colour, starting from the toes and then moving up. That usually helps.

Erm. I lie down and think. What happened that day, what I’m doing the next day, and of course, what I would like to do next LD.

I think of my feet, lol, it helps me

That’s a bit of a tough question, and no, I don’t know of any ways that can get me to sleep for sure. My ability to fall asleep quickly changes throughout the year; at some points, such as this time of the year, I manage to fall asleep quickly. However, during late spring and early summer, I notice that I develope bad cases of insomnia. It’s plain and simple; falling asleep is a difficult thing to control most of the time.

Usually I just try to completely relax my body. It helps quite a bit.

Try listening to music, it’s very relaxing.
It really :help:s me!!

I have no idea what your daytime scheduele is, but if you maybe dont have a physically active day id suggest running, swimming, working out or doing some hard exercise EVERY day, not only is it healthy but itll put you out every night guaranteed.
I used to have trouble getting to sleep but since i started exercising more I am dead by the time i crawl in bed

Well, I dont know if this is just something i can do but, when I lay down to sleep I can put myself into a DEEP relaxing state in which my body feels light and I feel a strange euphoric feeling throughout my body. I also start to see patterns with my eyes closed. Its wonderful, and im wide awake the whole time. Then im eventually dreaming.