LD's drove my friend insane

WOW!

sorry that he got that desise, that’s a really creepy thought. I always believed that LD’s and dreams were naturual and there is nothing that can keep you from getting them, depending on what you do in your life. It may have been a coincadence that he had that desise and since he was LDing the desise made him confused. I always think that Dreams help you be aware of your life and the things around you. Sorry to hear that happend.

Actually, your friend is unlikely to be schizophrenic. He is more likely to be narcoleptic, according to National Geographic Channel’s broadcast of “The mysteries of Sleep” this week (26th September 2006). They told that behaviour like his was almost always misenterpreted as psychological disorder, or in this case, schizophrenia, when in fact it’s narcolepsia that’s causing his sudden dream-like behaviour.

The important thing here is, LD’s didn’t “drive” the friend schizo. He incorporated LD’s in his/her schozophrenia. If it wasn’t that, well, there are plenty of things to incorporate.

I agree with huggkruka.

He should have tried flying. For a RC.

:unk: Freaky…

My grandfather had scitzophrenia, (I never met the man while he was alive because he was a nut-job,) and my six-year-old sister might have it too, (she scares the crap out of everyone,) she’s tried to kill my two-year-old sister many times, (pushing her down steps, grinding her fingers in a electric pencil sharpener, cut her with knives, the list goes on and on,) used to never go to sleep or the bathroom because of invisable spiders, will look at the wall, her eyes will pop out and she’ll start screaming bloody murder, she does really weird things, (one time she kept pooping in a bucket in the basement because she didn’t want to use the the toilet,) she never remembers anything, even if she did it 5 minutes ago, she eats and eats and eats yet never gains any extra weight, she’ll start screaming for no reason, she’s just weird. :crazy:

I don’t have an explanation for most of that but a lot of kids can eat a lot and not put on much weight.

I know that, I just mentioned it because she might have celiac spru that 2 of my other sisters have, (it means you can’t process wheat products,) so that probably explains that, I don’t get the rest of it though, she acts friggin’ posessed…thanks for trying though, :partying_face:

So. Haven’t your parents taken her to a psychologist? Seems like the thing to do.

Funny… I mean, I’d look for more obvious dream signs if I were him. I mean, could he fly or use powers? Nope…

Nevertheless, pretty matrix-ish stuff o_o “The world is not real”, etc.

They actually just set an appointment up for her, it’s been put off for so long because she lies and totally makes up stuff, (she’ll trip and insist somebody pushed her and has claimed me and my other siblings hit her or slapped her when our parents are there the whole time to see that we only tapped her shoulder or something to get her attention,) so we’re kind of afraid of what she might say, (hopefully the pyschologist will see she’s a nut job and makes stuff up,) She’ll be seeing a pyschologist Thursday so hopefully it all works out… :scared:

Yeah, hope it works out.

Well good luck, and I hope it’s nothing too bad.

our perceptions are reality.
dreams are our perceptions in their raw form.

in essence everything is a dream. nothing has any meaning besides that which we prescribe, and in so prescribing meaning we entirely shape the totality of every single thing we will ever experience.

throw a pie at someone. what is the subjective interpretation? for a clown it is good.

for a businessman he might be enraged… to a hungry person he might be really happy.

to the businessman, in order to be hit by a pie he might have been harboring a lot of extreme negativity and this reinforces his views that everyone hates him.

to the clown it might be his job.

to the hungry person he might have just been in the present and happened to get lucky.

get it?

strip away all our judgements and look at the core raw nature of reality and you find that it is of the same substance of dreams, because it only exists because we and all other humans perceive it, and what we THINK is reality is actually just the consensus of the symbolically charged world.

language is an excellent example
if you saw a huge sign and all you saw on it was the word
JUST

what do you think the message is?
What if it actually says something else, but you see what you think it is?

I saw a person wearing a shirt that said JUST on it and I saw it say “Just say no” until I looked closer and realized it said “Just do it”

that is because society charges meaning to the word JUST through advertising. but in actuality all things are perceived as symbols with no inherent meaning or value, or stability.

life is basically a picasso painting that people try to confine with terms and consentual agreements, but really it’s all just your perceptions.

and all you are is your perceptions. it is easy to see how this is a dream, but how if not taken within the context of spiritual training such as Tibetan Dream Yoga, one could instead become “schizophrenic” instead of enlightened.

It is very unfortunate though. It is perhaps more unfortunate that people would call him psychotic, when maybe there is a realized teacher who could really help him understand what he is seeing and experiencing, other than telling him it is wrong.

If I think a pie is ugly and someone thinks it is erotic, is the latter psychotic and the formal normal? No, but that is how reality works. Anyone who differs in their symbolic interpretation (or lack of symbolic insight) is brandished as insane.

Well, perception is perception whatever, whenever, wherever…

maybe the internet is a dream.

Now that’s… a very very interesting and scary thing… O.O’

I’m glad though that it was just an episode and it isn’t an ongoing thing for him.

Hm. I dont know why, but always when im posting under Holy Reality, i feel that my posts are squeezed.

Or i feel bad because i cant write so long posts, as HR.

Yeah, pardon me.

He must feel horrible, when he realized that he is NOT dreaming. But basically, with schizophrenia, he DID saw changing text, etc. That’s pretty disturbing. You never can be sure that things you see, things you hear, and things you can smeel, are real.

:eek: thats incredible. :eek:
i have a friend who has seen the old hag and he said it was really disturbing and hes only been doing it a few days! wat will happen 2 him in a year? :cool_laugh:

that’s why you can’t take Lds too seriously…

I seriously don’t believe the schizofrenia would have been any better or any less scary if the idea that he was dreaming wasn’t there. In fact. If he didn’t believe he was dreaming he might have taken hallucinations as real wich can lead to delusions. At least with the dreaming context he can say “it isn’t real”, but ofcourse then a train might “not be real” either.

He’ll probably just realize she’s just a product of his mind and will no longer be scared her. :wink:

Also, schizophrenia is a VERY overdiagnosed disorder. The reason for this is that the symptoms are anything but concrete, unlike some of the other mental disorders such as anxiety disorder and multiple personality disorder (which is totally separate from schizophrenia by the way). Schizophrenia is separated into several categories. They’re all, for the most part, related to a certain level of ‘detachment’ from reality, though the word detachment can mean very different things for different schizophrenics.

Catatonic schizophrenia symptoms include freezing up in certain odd positions and hold them for long periods of time without moving. This is one of the subtypes which usually not overdiagnosed, I mean if a person is sitting and looking like this (https://www.minddisorders.com/images/gemd_01_img0029.jpg) it’s kind of a giveaway symptom.

Disorganized schizophrenia is characterized by thought disorder and a lack of emotion, as well as the person talking in a kind of word soup which only makes sense to him but seems completely random to everyone else (they may form phrases out of words that sound similar rather than using grammar or whatnot)

Then there is paranoid schizophrenia (which is what you hear about all the time) and it is based around delusions and hallucinations. And in my opinion, if we’re using delusions as a criteria, most creationists would fit the bill (which just shows how careful doctors have to be before placing a diagnosis). There are some people that clearly are sick, for example if they’re seeing people that aren’t there, but you have to understand that it’s not always that clear-cut, and that what someone would call a schizophrenic episode, another would call a spiritual experience.

I’m not going to make any judgements here because I don’t know your friend and just reading your posts isn’t enough to make any conclusions, but I think the diagnosis may have been a bit rushed. Just think about what this ‘stamp’ can do to a person’s life. Once you’re labeled a schizophrenic everyone’s perception of you will change. And you may not think that your friend will notice how you act towards him but I guarantee you he will, and it won’t make things easier. It doesn’t help that most people are very unknowledgable about schizophrenia and upon finding out that someone has been diagnosed with it, they will probably treat them like a mental retard or just avoid them out of fear completely.

So don’t write him off as a mental cripple just yet, and definitely don’t blame LD’s on it.

EDIT: Just realized that this topic is like a year old.