The BIG Déjà Vu topic

I recently was able to become Lucid by recognizing deja vu in my dream. I was standing around talking to a few people when all of a sudden I realized I had already done this earlier. I actually knew what each one was going to say before they said it. The only difference was a very suttle nuance in the facial expressions.

I decided this was weird enough to warrent a Reality Check, and sure enough, I could breathe through my plugged nose!

I was able to remain lucid for several minutes before getting distracted and waking up. But Deja Vu would certainly be a good dreamsign, as well as a good reality check trigger when it is experienced in real life.

ive got really weird deja vu, i dream of something the night before and see it the next day?

If you really dreamt of something and saw it the next day - and not saw something one day and believed you dreamt it the previous night - it’s not dejà-vu, it’s a precognitive dream. We have a sticky BIG Precog dreams topic in this very subforum. :smile:

I’ll just post my own experiences.
The wierdest being a thing I’ve mentioned somewhere on the forum before. Mother wakes me up and tells me i have a visitor who then comes in and asks me whats up and I answer “I was sleeping”. Then the exact same thing happens again from the moment my mother woke me up until I say “I was sleeping” wich is when I realise this had just happened. I ask my friend If he was here earlier today and he said “no”. That had me thinking for a while.

When I used to smoke hash I would in the early days often get into a state of mind where I felt that people said things that they had said “last week”. Or something had happened before. Everthing was something I could “remember” from before. I learned quickly not to believe it and it became “a funny thing”.

Lately Deja vu has been in the form of maybe watching a movie, and thinking at the time that i’ve never seen this before. Then later when i think about he movie I feel like I HAVE seen it before but can’t really recall when. And I still don’t know if I did. But since it’s always when thinking back on something that i was sure I hadn’t seen when I saw it I am inclined to believe it’s a false memory. It’s really like a feeling of “haven’t I remembered this before?”.

For the movie part its surely normal because all movie look the same with the same scenario and badass characters. Not many movie stand out from each other.

Alright, ill talk about my spot of Deja Vu. IT happened very frequently in primary school, and back then, I was pretty sure everything had happened before. I didn’t even know what a dream was (before I saw dreamviews, I thought that a dream was what we know as daydreams. I never tried to remember dreams or anything, and I called the dreams where I thought I was actually in it, “REAL LIFE DREAMS.” Later, I found out that these were falso awakenings, and I had never remembered a dream in my life I can see your shocked expressions). Well, anyway, I barely ever have deja vu now, though those FA’s keep on coming :smile:

I use to have deja vu somewhat often as a child.

The feeling of deja vu is similar to having your mind go blank, your blood rushes and it feels similar to a light-headedness. This would back up the logical theory of a lasped memory.

What’s odd for me is every time I had deja vu, I’d get the feeling I’ve done this before and then I’ll ask “But when did I do this before?” and my mind will immediately tell me it was a forgotten dream. Go figure whether this is true or not or my mind is lying to me. :lol: I’m not even sure.

Deja Vus are pretty common for everyone, I think. Mine can be a bit bothering sometimes. When I get deja vu, I often think, “this has happened before. Wait, I thougth that thougth the last time I saw this happening.”. Sometimes the chain ends here, but sometimes I get this really bothering feeling of an infintesmal line of deja vus where I think "This is what I thought the last time I thought “This is what I thought the last time I thought"This is what I thought the last time…” and so on.

Since our brains have powerful failsafe systems for that kind of reasoning, it stops before I think too hard about it. :happy:

My feelings of dajivu only last about 5 secounds. I wonder what it would be like for 5 minutes.

I think that deja vu feeling is infinity.I think that perception of time is based on our toughts and system of decisions we make for every moment and for every body movement that brain usualy percept without our tought ,or words commanding the movement.So, before we realize, we decide to percept or do something,so the feeling of deja vu comes and you feel fooled or like some great secret is about to reveal.I think that the great secret is our SC,and i feel that my SC has much better system,and perception of life that we all try to learn trough life.
wisdom is the lasting moment and no more fragments of life are left to repeat, just that everlasting, whole picture. :peek:

My best friend and I had a deja-vu sometime ago and it was really funny :smile:

My friend was saying to me something and I had the feeling that she said it only one minute before. I asked her about it, she answered “no” and made jokes about the Matrix and deja-vus.

Shortly after her third joke she got silent, looked to me and said “You won’t believe me! I have a feeling of deja-vu right now”.

She was serious about it and we had a strange feeling the whole day.

I seem to have deja-vu in my dreams all the time- I’m in this place that I’ve never been before in real life or in dreams, most commonly a huge old mansion or a large crowded area, and yet I feel as if I had been here many times and even know the whole layout of the place.

Does anyone else have deja vus of having a deja vu, if that makes sense?

Good question.
The saturday before the last one, I was crossing a avenue and had a plenty of deja-vus in the middle of it.

I stopped there, because, for 3 seconds, it seemed last longer, I wasn’t sure where I was, because I had the feeling like I was already at the other side of the avenue.
At least, I’m fine now. (maybe :eh: )…

I used to have terrible Deja Vu about 2 years back, I would get that feeling nearly every day, but it has died down quite a bit since then. I cant even recall the last time I’ve had Deja Vu.

one night i was lucid dreaming and i was hungry, so i went out in to my kitchen and made it a nice night of having dinner with my familly and my dad had made cordon bleu

The next day for dinner, i walk out into the kitchen and its the exact same setting i conjured up in my lucid dream, and we were eating cordon bleu. de ja vuu the maximum point

Deja Vus?
I have abut 3 of them a day…

there just parts of dreams you didn’t that then happen in real life so it feels really messed up.

Hey, I get Deja Vu a lot too. I read somewhere a possibility for it. It said something like our subconscious mind records a current situation milliseconds before your conscious mind does. So when your conscious mind finally records the situation, your brain feels as if it has already seen this information, therefore creating the feeling of having “been here before” or “seen this before” because your subconscious had recorded it just moments before. I think it’s a good possibility, not as “mythical” as I would like it to be, but whatever :smile:

Ever since i started lucid dreaming I’ve been experiencing a lot more Deja Vu in RL. Has this happened to anyone else??