I have a Great Idea.

I’ve been thinking lately…whenever I have an LD, I never figure out what to do! I just get so mad when I wake up thinking, “There was so much else to do!” Now I have an idea here.

Bendrummin has had this idea for a long long time, but I’ve noticed no one else is doing this! Now if you guys, new guys, are having trouble thinking of things too do…make a world. I’m being serious, make a world. Whenever your bored think of this world, and do RC’s. Write down key facts of this world. How it looks, and so on.

Just, in your spare time, think of this world. Why does it make you happy? What kind of adventures are there for you to do?

After a while, hopefully, you’ll get attachted to this, “Dreamscape.” It’ll be on your mind all the time, and you want to go there so bad. Just start doing RC’s when you think of it, and WILL your self to do it. When you go to sleep use MILD to go to that world. If you become Lucid, and your not in your, “Dreamscape.” Then when you wake up, or before you have an LD, figure out a way to get there. Write down the series of steps to get to your world. Remember the steps, and follow them in your dream, knowing it will happen.

Like, open a door and go there. Go through a mirror and go there. Elevators. Close your eyes and spin around. Teleport, fly whatever. Just figure out how to get there.

Once your there, do adventures. Find all the things you, “Know.” about the world. Think of an animal you made up, or wrote down that thrives in your world. Go hunt for that animal, and see it ALIVE! Eat imaginary fruit you thought up, or wrote down, or drew!

If you want to add things to your world, make detailed discriptions, and remember them next time your there. So you’ll see all the detail in Dream life. DL. Catch the fish of the world you made up.

Anyways it’s an Idea I’m going to try. I’ve already got my world. The world I have is based on the world of my story, “Awoken.” Just go to, “Redifin’s poems and short stories.” Then go and read, “Awoken.” It will give you a general idea of my world.

Also when you go to your world, have a checklist before you go to bed. Like mine:

1. Go to Virginia City.
  2. Sit on the Rock Tom first sat on.
  3. Meet Rick.
  4. Meet Tom.
  5. Start a job at Seb’s shop.
  6. Do magic of the Awoken world.
  7. Get there easier and easier everytime.

Enjoy! And if you’ve already done this idea, tell us your results! Also please give me some feedback on this. Good idea? Are you going to do it? Tell me how it works for you! And I’ll keep you guys updated on my expirements.

That is the BEST idea I’ve heard for LDing. I’m going to draw a picture of my town right now and begin memorizing it and how to get there. I’ll tell you if it was sucessful when I finally have an LD. :tongue:

Thanks for the inspiration and idea!

Hmm…maybe it is time I wrote it all down.

I have thought about my own world for a while now, but its alll in my head. I think it might help if I write it down/draw it. Unfortunantly though, I have never been able to travel to another world in a LD.

Very good concept though. :colgate:

You guys are all thinking of towns and rooms and stuff. Am I the only one thought of their dream world as being a simple island? A plain? Just a big open space?

Also, I didn’t know anyone had said this on the board. I’ve already started, with no success. I never thought of the checklist thing though. I’ve only been working on it for a few days.

Honestly, I thought of my world as a large island…and the rest of the planet is just water, kinda like Pangea, but smaller. :tongue:

I’m going to make my own little Gaia :content:

What shall I call the nations … How 'bout Penetríl, Kritrilant and Fenghié? Sounds weird world-ish, eh?

I’m doin that. :happy:

Sounds neat. I like world building in general but I never had a reason for it(or more like an excuse really). I know the place already, I’ve been there two times already. Hmm, neat idea indeed.

i guess i’ve enoyed just simply finding cities randomly as opposed to trying to make things.

i got kicked out of a lucid dream city for getting into a fight with some japanese waiter who was trying to attack me with lightning, but as soon as i defended they all got angry and sent me to jail.

it was really a very bizarre dream.

Y’think? :tongue: just kidding!

I think this idea reeks of hotness. I’ll make my own world alright…the one world…to rule them all!

Lol, did he ever get around to finishing his “Underwater Seahome”?

Out of boredom, I got around to drawing up my island yesterday. It floats in the sky and is hidden above a cloud. Ofcourse there is also a perfect circle of ocean water around it. :cool: I love dream physics. The only downside was that I was supposed to be doing a history worksheet, not drawing :razz:

[edit] :wow: I just remembered. I had a dream last night where I was talking to Roxi about how she couldn’t find it. I told her it was just above the clouds, but she said it wasn’t. Obviously she was looking the wrong way :tongue:

Sounds like a fun and easy way to think of things to do while lucid.
It also seems to me that it involves a bit of goal-setting, which seems to work well for a lot of people when it comes to accomplishing things in lucid dreams. I’m going to try this :smile:

I already have a world mostly made up for writings I plan on doing. It would be so GREAT to explore it in dreams!

I’m glad that this idea is a hit! I can’t believe I thought of it, it is very conveniant. Also I was thinking, you can have a life in this new world! Start off from where you ended the night before! Chhehheheeerrrrsesssss!!!

Sort of like having a dream mansion that is your home ‘within’ your home. =0)

I already thought of two locations to go in dreams. They are meant to be similar to the lucid crossroads. The links to their descriptions is in my signature.

wow lets do war of the worlds

mines got a-bombs!

i’ll give this world thing a try one day, im trying to get a proper LD first, rather than the poor control ive had so far

I’ve always wanted to do this, but all of my attempts got lost in homework and whatever else was taking over my life at the moment. Now I’m inspired to start again. :wink: Nice job.

That is a cool idea. My world will just be in a forest with colorfull Fall leaves everywhere, by a creek. I know that sounds simpale, but I think it will be easier to get to in a dream.