Any runners around here?

God, I love running. I’m sort of new to it, I’ve only run spring track, and haven’t even finish my XC season, but I love to run.
It’s my favorite thing to do by far.

It’s been less that a year, but I know more about training and injuries and such than most on my team, but that doesn’t really matter. I just love to run

Anyone else here a runner?

I hate competition from the deepest of my heart, but I guess I’d be pretty good at it. Rather slow acceleration, high max speed, that stuff. I have the lungs to run. I’ve swum for 6 years. But I’ll avoid racing like the plague (like I avoid sports at school). I’m often tempted to run instead of walking in the streets.

I’m a runner too. :smile: Like il mio professore, I don’t usually run on competitions—although I have in the past—but in my case it’s mostly because I’m going through a hectic moment in my life, so I don’t have enough free time and discipline to practise regularly.

I run for my school, so far my best mile is 5:50. My 5k is around… 21 minutes.

My best mile is only 6:08, but that’s going to drop to 5:30 or lower by the end of winter track, since I haven’t actually run a balls to the wall mile since the beginning of June.By the end of sophmore spring track, or the beginning of winter next year, I’ll be at 5 flat.

My best 5k is only 22:02, but hopefully that will go down to 21:30 or less tomorrow at the championships. By next year that will be anywhere from 18:30-19:15.

I run too. My best mile is about 5:45, but I haven’t timed my mile since track in may. My XC 5K time is about 21 minutes, hopefully to be broken at the meet tomorrow :colgate:

is your avatar really you running?

I was a sprinter couple of years back for the hundred, got to be careful with injuries over short bursts :content:

I just got back from a cross country race. I ran a 21:34 for a 5.25K. According to my coach’s math thats about a 20:39 5K, my fastest time yet :colgate:

No. It’s actually a pic of Mizuki Noguchi. Olympic Gold Medalist in the marathon.

Ahh, I love running. My most recent run was 2 miles in 18:50. My fastest 2 miles is only around 16:30, but I’m working on it :smile: