What's your fave band?

Beatles and Pink Floyd tie…
But then again The Kinks and Rory Gallagher are awfully close.

Heck ya Rory Gallagher. I’m also a huge dead head. I also listen to The Allman Brothers, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Roy Buchanan, Jeff Beck, Little Feat, The Doobie Brothers, Tool, and a whole lot others.

Wow, a whole lot of that music is always in our house! It’s nice to see another Rory Gallagher fan. My dad is a huge dead head… I need to start listening to them more.

Korn, definately inspirational (too me, that is) plus, there songs are great (IF your into that kinda stuff)

Any fans of the british band Muse here? I just saw them in glasgow and it was the best gig i have ever been to.

They are a hard band to describe and each album is very different. But if you want to try them out here are some songs I recomend small edit

Citizen Erased - :cool_laugh: OHHHHH I love this song, equal parts pure rock and atmospheric wonderfullness.

Appocolypse Please - A truely epic song about the end of world, sounds a bit like Rachmannonov for you classical fans

Take a bow - Rocking techno goodness

Bliss - The keybords at the start remind me of dreams

Butterflies and Hurricanes - Another EPIC with an intense piano solo. The name is a reference to the Chaos Theory

There are very few bad muse songs but they are good for a start.

Muse rules! :thumbs: I had an addicted–to–Bliss moment this year—couldn’t stop listening to it!

Green Day’s awsome! All their songs are great!

Korn. i’m is a huge Nu-metal fan, plus my dad and I can both listen to it in the car, and not have to fight over what to listen to.

Well… I guess I listen to rock for the most part.
Muse (I see several of you have already mentioned them, and I can only nod in agreement).
My Chemical Romance (I caught them live when they were in Stockholm last week. They sounded AMAZING live!)
Then there’s AFI (Their guitarist, Jade Puget, is my fav guitarist. Plus I really love how their music changes with each album).
Then there’s the immortal QUEEN! (Man, I wish I could see them live in a LD. That would be so sweet!)
I also listen to Scorpions, The Rasmus (though not as much as I used to a few years back). Matchbox Twenty…
Oh! And I noticed someone mentioned Andrew Lloyd Webber, and I gotta say Phantom of the Opera rocks. I loved the movie! Gerry Butler best Phantom ever. I prefer his voice to the original guy.

heh you guys are either very similar or very opposed to me musically :happy:

bands I don’t like:
System of a Down
Yeah that’s about it, never mind xD

My favorite Band: :thumbs:
Ladytron /The Faint /Daft Punk /Felix da Housecat /The Beatles /Mylo /Shiny Toy Guns /Radiohead /Sneaker Pimps /Fischerspooner /The Chemical Brothers /The Streets /Massive Attack /Interpol /Freezepop /The Avalanches /Moby /Goldfrapp /DJ Shadow /IMA Robot /MC Lars /New Order /Jamiroquai /AIR

I can’t narrow it down any more… sorry! I took out quite a few bands that I really like (47). I listen to a lot of music, mostly electronic. These artists are ones that I would have no problem listening to an entire album at random looping all day :smile:

These people on my bus always play them, and it drives me crazy! :angry: I guess I just don’t like the constant screaming… They do have nice lyrics sometimes, however.

The Streets rock :smile:

System of a down just annoy me now. I liked them when I was at college- when they released toxicity. All their songs sound the same now though.

Rammstein :happy: you can not beat the awsomeness of thier german vocals. * has some songs memorized in english and german :yes: *

[color=darkblue]I like “sonne” haven’t heard many others. They’re alright I suppose. I find the riffs a bit simple…[/color]

Yes, Muse are one of my favourites, They’re brilliant live and seem to appeal to rock and pop fans. I saw them at the Reading Festival in 2000 and 2002. I love citizen erased and bliss. Still need to listen to their recent album, bought it ages ago :sigh:

I wasn’t very keen on ‘Starlight’ at first but when they played it in time with the fireworks display at Battersea Park it sounded better.

Linkin Park. I just really like the music and I can relate to it.

It hurts to read that, I’m scared for the future. I wonder what pop-rock turns into next :tongue:

I could never take the idea completely serious, but I’m still trying :cool:

I like ELO, but they were an 70s/80s band. But i like LORDI

Red Hot Chili Peppers is the BEST (I think)

It’s probably going to have to be… Poets of the Fall with Bon Jovi and The Scorpions close behind. :tongue:

What’s your fave band? Part II :moogle: