Nintendo Wii

I’ve read somewhere that the release price of Wii will be even lower than the release price of GameCube, can anyone get that checked?

I’m already saving me money. :smile:

The price won’t be announced until September, but it would be awesome if the release price was cheaper.

It’s BELOW 250 dollars. That’s all that I know.

I love the idea of the 3d sound. It’s a little thing, but I think it still rocks. When firing a gun or something, the sound starts at the controller and ends on your tv, because they’ve put a speaker in the controller.

I won’t download any classic games I guess. I prefer my collection of the original versions. It’s not much, just a SNES, 2 SNES games and a N64 game, but it’s still awesome. I might download some games, like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, because they haven’t been released in Europe. Those games rock, seriously. Earthbound is a piece of art.[/u]

I hope the remote technology works well. That’s my biggest concern for the Wii.

I’m probably most looking forward to Smash Bros. Brawl. I’m also looking forward to Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Sonic Wild Fire, Rayman, and a few others. It will be interesting to see if game developers create games that are in line with Nintendo’s philosophy for the Wii. Nintendo is really stressing innovativity and creativity this time around, and it will be nice if we get more original, creative games.

As for the price, I highly doubt it will be more than $200 since every past Nintendo console has launched with a $200 price point. Moreover, considering that the Wii will be graphically underpowered compared with the Xbox 360 and PS3, I don’t see why it would need to break the trend.

And speaking of Earthbound, I was going to play it a couple of months ago (I have an original copy and an SNES) for the first time in some years. I was all geared up and ready for a nostalgia trip, then the game messed up as I was playing. :sad: So hooray for the Wii’s virtual console feature! Earthbound will be the first game I buy. :grin:

The Wii does look mighty fun, but I dont see myself buying one. I definatly hope to play it at parties and such with friends(its always fun to pull out an old n64 for some super smash brothers mayem), but I dont play too many video games anymore besides the occasional bout of nethack. Getting one for myself seems a waste since I would never play with it by myself and the others will probably buy one. :content:

i’m counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds! :grin:
I am so freakin’ excited! :cool_laugh:
Less than 8 days! :cool:

Luckily I get paid 2 days before launch, so I plan on being at Wal-Mart at midnight for the purchase.
My Mom offered some financial assistance via her Circuit City credit card … but I refused because Circuit City doesn’t open until 8am and God forbid I miss a midnight launch. :tongue: … I’d rather be broke till next paycheck. :lol:

WIth my Wii I plan on purchashing Zelda and Call of Duty 3 for my games. I also plan on getting $20 of Wii Points for online purchases and 1 extra controller with nunchuck.

As soon as I get it online I’ll be sure to make a post here using it’s Opera Web Browser. :smile: … once my eyes bleed from Zelda and need a rest. :content:

Oh man, how I wish I could get my hands on one :content:
Sadly, I have other obligations to meet, so it looks like I won’t be able to get my hands on one until after Christmas time…but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

Let us know how awesome it is DreamAddict :grin:

I am not going to bye the wii becouse spacealbin is going to and I am a playstaion fan (ico, fatal frame/project zero and kingdom heart).
So I am going for Playstation 3 when I get $400.( I am curently on $3)

A bit sad I don’t get to have the Loz:TLP.

Hehehe, I think I’ll go for the Wii. I don’t have much time to play now that I’m in University now, though. If this were to be remarkably cheap, I might go for it. There’s something about Legend of Zelda that is so nostalgic for me. I was playing the original one earlier this year, it brought back a lot of memories for me. I love that noise that is made when you solve a puzzle or find a secret…for that reason alone I may buy the Wii :tongue:

You know the game comes to GameCube too, right?

Alas, I sold my Gamecube on ebay 4 years ago. I did get a pretty good price for it, though, so no complaints from me. Gamecube was a weak console, in my opinion. But I believe the Wii has amazing potential for greatness, and so I think I shall purchase it.

I like the fact how there will be free internet gameplay on the Wii, unlike the Xbox, which is pay-to-play. I had it for three years, and that got pretty expensive :sad:

Bwahaha, mine’s been pre-ordered for months! (long live canada and toys-r-us)! I’m getting Twilight Princess and Excite Truck with it, and in the near future I plan on buying Metroid Prime 3, Call of Duty 3 and The surgery game which name I forgot :razz: . I’m going for the Wii because it’s cheap and looks VERY innovative, though the PS3 interests me a lot as well. :grin:

I’ve pre-ordered my Wii, but I Probably won’t get it till after Christmas, since i was 59th on the pre-order list. I probably won’t get an extra game apart from Wii sports, because of my lack of money. If i do get it after Christmas, i’d be able to get a game and a controller, which would be cool. It’s just that i don’t want to wait :tongue:

I was going to preorder one. My mom went into toys r us a while back and asked about preordering and they had no idea what she was talking about. She came back 2 weeks later and they said sorry, we are done with all the preorders.

Lame!

I guess I will just wait a while longer :smile:

Tomorow night I’ve got this press event for retail bussisnes in which we are to test and play the Wii at Nintendo. And when it comes out here, the eight of december, I’m first in line to buy one. My parents are payin’ the system, since it is going to be a real household utillity. Everyone here plays the gamecube, and with the wii it will be no else.

Im not ordering atm.

BUt if the price gets kozy i might :smile:

Id also love to ead what ld4all thinks :wink:

Id love xbox 360 too, to bad they invented some smaller controls, the big ones rock !

I’ve decided to wait until next year to get a next-gen console. First I’d like to take a good look at what each system has to offer me before I upgrade from my good ol’ ps2. With that said I believe that the playstation 3 will be the most successful and worthwhile system to own thanks to it’s vast processing power and sony’s commitment and support for the system. The XB360 felt premature and rushed to beat the other systems to the market, time will tell if their decision to jump the gun was a wise decision (probably not IMO). I’d love it if the Wii was very successful but I fear that after the novelty of the controller wears off, and nintendo doesn’t have any blockbusters like Zelda left, that the system will fall behind the other two systems and go the way of the gamecube. I guess we will see which console comes out on top over the next few months though…

The Wii will be different from Gamecube simply because it has online connectivity. As long as a system has the online capability, the games have massively increased replay value. I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein for two years online alone, even though it was just a simple shoot-em-up. The Wii will be great, man.

Nintendo is the video game god among all game developers, and I give them mucho respect for the N64 which kicked the Sony and Sega’s butts with their PSX and Genesis systems :content: But after the PS2 and with the launch of the PS3 and Microsoft getting in the mix with the XBox and XBox 360 and revamped game titles like Grand Theft Auto, Tekken, Final Fantasy–and newer titles like SOCOM, Ninja Gaiden, and some other third game :unsure: Nintendo’s slowly falling out of the game wars :neutral:

Personally, I’m not impressed with the design of the Wii (Wheeee! :content:)…I mean, the controller-system is pretty cool, but the design is kinda quirky and a bit…awkward :eh: The price–$250–is awesome, but it kinda let’s you know what you’re getting when you compare it to the $600 (>.<) PS3 and the $400 XBox 360. Nintendo still kicks butt when it comes to games (sometimes…), but I’m really hoping this isn’t what we’ve been long anticipating and that Nintendo’s just buying time before they come out with something better :smile:

Until then though, I’m sticking with my (maybe ridiculously priced) PS3 :roll:

The only thing that really bothers me about it is it’s lack of FPS titles. Xbox 360 and PS3 have a bunch of them announced, but Wii is pretty lacking in that regard. I think I’ll wait and see for a bit before I make my decision.