Done upgrading... some errors remain

hmm… weird error that i haven’t seen in the NL upgrade…

well… i’m busy fixing it :smile: :user:

i haven’t a clue where that error comes from… :confused:
any phpbb wizards in the room?

posted a support message in the phpbb support forum, hoping for an answer…

i’m dead tired so i’m going to go to sleep now and hopefully tomorrow the solution is there :wiske:

btw: if you encounter any weird probs please post them in this topic so i can keep track of them… thanx

good night :sleeping: :peek:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): 28 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ld4allco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 214

I get that error above the news / recent discussions area on the front page. The address …/home/ld4allco/public_html… is that right?..I’m just guessing here…I know nothing of phpbb’s.

yep, that’s the error i’m talking about, and i have no idea where it comes from or how to fix it :neutral:

im a phpbb expert! :smile:

:cool_laugh: so, what are your expert thoughts on this error then? :smile:

right, you say u upgraded to phpBB 2.0.6, which you have, did you encounter any problems during the installation??

right, check these:

1. does ur host support mysql4
  2. what version id ur local host and mysql?
  3. if mysql is 3.32.xxand ur local host is 4, then try this:

check in the config file where it says this: $dbms = ‘mysql’;[/ then tell me exactly what it says, open these with notepad, its easier u can search for them instaed of looking manually, report back once uve dun them, ok.

1. yes
  2. mysql 4.0.14 localhost don’t know where i can look that up :smile:
    3)$dbms = “mysql4”;

click on the NL forum and there everything works fine, i did exactly the same update there.
Here i get that weird error.

i did it with the patch file - it gave some batch errors but i replaced all the files with the files from the files-only version.

it could be that i forgot to replace one file? could that be the prob? the list of errors was so long that i couldn’t retrack all of them with my telnet screen.

right, try dis, u see 3)$dbms = “mysql4”; that part, delete the 4, save and upload.

you are amazing! it works!
:partying_face: :bounce: :clap: :thumbs:

thanks a million :cool_laugh:

no probs anytime. :smile: