I LOVE THIS!!!

Is it just by chance or is there a reason why we sometimes go into REM?

The chances of going into REM increases in the morning, since we have more REM the longer we sleep. Also it depends on where in the sleep cycle you are.

There is something like this called Uberman sleep schedule where you only need to sleep for about 4 hours a day.

That’s nice, I’ve got this 3 times today!

I did it this morning. I woke up and slept fot half an hour but it felt like days! :grin:

Yea i follow ubermans sleep schedule,but instead i sleep 3 hours a day.

And by the way i agree with krakatoa.

I did this this morning. And it gave me an LD… :cool_laugh:

I had only 4 hours last night and not feeling tired, but I don’t think I would do this every night.
This morning I’ve almost done the contrary. I was staring the clock and it changed 10 minutes in a second…

yeah this very true, i actually did this today, i listen to the radio all night long, and my parents putted the radio volume on almost full to wake me up today, next thing i know is that I’ve been lying in the bed for many hours listening to the same fucking song, dammit it lasted sooo long. Its a weird feeling :smile:

Typically I wake up during the night only when I need to use the bathroom. So what usually happens for me is I wake up after an hour or two, thinking I must have to use the bathroom. Upon returning to bed, I’m surprised to see that I’ve been asleep for only a couple of hours, but I feel like I’ve already slept through most of the night. Oddly enough, it’s at this point that I realize I didn’t actually have to use the bathroom.

It is a cool feeling. :content:

What happens to me is that when I wake up and hit the snooze button, I always fall back to sleep and during that time I dream, and they are very vivid, and I’ll do this repeatedly for about 30 to 60 minutes. Its a lot similar to the WBTB method.

Once I woke up after a full 10 hours sleep and it felt almost instantanious. It was like I closed my eyes and then I woke up instantly and it was morning. Pretty cool, but it’s somewhat an opposite effect to what happened to you Redifin.

I recently too. I had stayed up late, like 3:30(we had guests). They were playing music, and I started thinking random thought, just nonsense, for what felt like an hour. I came to again and ten minutes had passed. Weird things happen when you stay up late. :smile:

yeah that’s what the SAS are trained to do

What do u mean by sas?
I am curious…
Thanks,

SAS = special armed services

basically hardcore army dudes.

Don’t you mean “Special Air Service”? The wikipedia article on them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service

Update…I did that a couple of days ago. It felt as though I blinked. I was lying in bed and looking at the window. It was completely dark, around 10. Then I blinked and it was day, 8 in the morning…weird

That’s happened to me countless times, I hate that so much. :grrr:

When I did my two week experiment with the dimaxion sleep schedule I noticed this all the time.

My half hour sleeps would pretty much always follow the same pattern. I would fall asleep for 15 minutes, and wake up thinking I had overslept by 10 or 20 minutes, check my clock and realise that I had, in fact, underslept. I would then fall asleep again for a further 15 minutes and go through the same process.

I’ve had this quite a lot too. Whenever I start a new semester and haven’t got my sleeping patterns sorted out, I inevitably start drifting off in lectures and having the exact same thing you just described. It’s even weirder when I’m also partly listening to the lecturer but interpreting what they’re saying in terms of the ‘nonsense’ that’s going through my mind.