Food Testing

K i’m gonna try a different food each night before i go to bed to see what effects they have on dreaming put any suggestions here (foods that are said to help LDing or dream vividness not just any old thing)and I’ll post the results:

Test one: 1 Banana

Remembered a relatively long dream pretty well which i don’t usually but didn’t have any lucidity

Feel free try the experiments yourself and say what happened.

Test 2: Chocolate

I hear a lot that chocolate gives people very vivid dreams and stuff so i tried two kit kats before i went to bed.

Results: no effect, i did wake up twice in the middle of the night and remembered one dream when i woke up, but when i woke up again in the morning i completly forgot anything about the dream, I really should start writing them down but thats too much like effort. Anyway I think i’ll try chocolate again some time and actualy focus a bit more on remembering my dreams and becoming lucid etc… but tonight i have no chocolate in my house so i’ll try a bowl of cereal.

By the way, to people who have chocolate to improve their dream vividness, what chocolate do you have before bed?

Caffiene free, like M&Ms

Test 3: Cereal

Well i had honey nut cornflakes which have vitamin b6 in them-supposed to help lucid dreams for some reason. And some people says milk helps them to ld and all so i thought this would be the perfect combination maybe…

Results:

Still no LD but did recall a pretty long dream and a couple of shorter ones which is good for me, also it possibly induced weirdness: i had a demented dream about a wolfman and a venusflytrapheadman.

I’m already running out of ideas so please give me some things i can test.

I tried chocolate again n i got some good dream recall but i think all chocolate does is make you wake up in the middle of the night repeatedly.

i have noticed lately that every time i eat corn, i have both increased vividness and turn very often lucid. Hard to say if it is just a placebo, but i am definitely gonna experiment some more with it.

corn? that’s one i haven’t heard of before i’d test that tonight but i don’t have any corn. What do you meen by corn anyway? Thoes big blocks of corn you eat from, or ‘corn on the cob’?

https://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/images/corn.jpg
I doubt it will make a difference if you just eat corn coming in a can.

That corn looks kind of disgusting and my mum will think im weird if i randomly ask her to get some corn so i don’t think i’ll bother with that one, but im interested in whether other people get LDs from eating corn?? Has it got any specific ingredients in it that might induce LDs?

dont you eat corn or veggies with a meal over there? :razz:
I dont see why getting a can of corn would look weird.
And it taste rather well :smile:

Well i don’t like vegetables so i don’t eat them and corn, we just don’t have with meals over here…

which have vitamin b6 in them-supposed to help lucid dreams for some reason

“Vitamin B6 plays an important role in protein metabolism, and in the sythesis of hemoglobin, serotonin, and aminobutric acid. The latter two compounds may be important chemicals in the metabolism of the brain.”

I feel like a nerd

Some info about the ingredients of corn: https://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=90

Im so eating corn for dinner tonight. :tongue:

I tried chocolate yet again and i had a dream about my teeth decaying and my two front ones crumbling out of my mouth, i was so relieved when i woke up and had my teeth. Maybe it was a sign that i should stop eating chocolate before i go to bed?

Does anyone know some more foods that have vitamin b6 in them?

Well, there are herbal tabs with loads of vitamin B in them. I take one to two Solaray ASF capsules a day. They seem to help me relax, overall. I found the stuff while searching around the internet for herbal methods of reducing stress.

Food-wise, bananas and popcorn have always been a good combonation for me. Granola cereal is wonderful, too. My first lucid dream was after eating a banana and homemade popcorn at a friend’s house. I was chasing an ostrich down a street in Austin TX on a bicycle when I went lucid.

in my topic ‘a thought about lucid foods’ I mentioned some foods with VB6

Well i had an LD last night and i didn’t have anything to eat before i went to bed…

I looked it up and found on wikipedia that its in liver, chicken, fish, green beans, field salad, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, sea vegetables and bananas. also I looked in my pantry and found a little bit in pop tarts and a lot of cereals.

My medication makes me sleep way better, and subsequently, I have much more engrossing dreams :content:

You guys probably wouldn’t want to take them though. They could have ill-side affects, hahaha.