Sensory overload?

Well, this is a question I have been wanting to ask people who knew something about dreaming/lucid dreaming.

A while back I had this dream that I was in a rather grim looking house with 3 other people. There were a lot of spooky aspects to the place, it was unnerving. So anyway, the 3 DC’s made a suggestion that I follow them through a doorway down a long set of stairs that disappeared into the dark. At this point, something triggered me to realize I was dreaming and I abruptly told the DC’s “F— that!” and turned and walked through a door leading outside.

Upon walking into this new landscape I was overwhelmed with bright, beautiful scenery. A rolling green field with a bright red wooden fence, a glistening blue waterfall cascading into a crystal clear pool at the base of a cliff and stone carved Buddha statues all around the pool. It was so bright and amazing, I frolicked there for some time, enjoying myself in the awe inspiring place when suddenly I began to feel this burning pain in the back of my head, eventually the pain woke me and I lay awake in my bed with the pain still burning there. After a few minutes it faded away.

After this I never experienced any pain/sensation (it wasn’t exactly painful I suppose) remotely like that, and I also haven’t had any dreams as clear and vivid as that one, either.

There was no logical explanation for the burning feeling, and I always thought maybe it was due to some sort of sensory overload I experienced in my dream.

But really I have no clue, does anyone have any ideas?

Sensory overload maybe, it may also be a normal everyday headache! Not trying to scare you, but It could also be a precursor to a stroke, so you may want to keep a check on any other symptoms as pain in the head is one of them.

Maybe it was because of the cause of the pain you had such a clear and vivid dream? Ofcourse the other day someone said they got headaches when lucid draming, on this forum.

If it was sensory overload it would make sense that the pain was in the back of the head. That’s where the occipital lobes are, the parts of the brain that are in charge of seeing and processing vision. Whether it really was sensory overload or just a normal headache, I don’t really know but I’m leaning toward the latter.