A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary

I had this nightmare, I remembered some of it when I woke up, but it was more like a terrifying feeling than a dream. I think I was walking down my stairs (IRL, sleepwalking or something), I went up to my room again. After some seconds I realized I was dreaming.
I relaxed, looked around in room (completly dark), and then I heard my computer (it’s on 24/7), the sound got larger and larger… I felt like my head were going to burst, I then got up, and drank some water, and went to bed again.

I was sure my nightmare was scary but after reading 7regrets nightmare… :eek: If hell existed, it’d look way better than that.

uh… :bored:
That was today’s one, bit crappy, but it was weird.

[ND]I was at dark room. At first i was waiting, but later i tried to get out of there. Then everything started to shake. Near doors was somethnig fuzzy ,like a shape of someone. When i came closer, it was a gray fog with priest’s clotches on it. It had no head, but on places where eye would be, it was a green glow.

Before sleeping, i was thinking that i should resists bad ones in dream. So… I jumped at it with fists (ROFL). When i touched (attacked ?) it, i felt bit like in OoBE (I’ve never experienced it) - i felt that i am slowly floating over my lying down body.

I found myself outside of that room. But some thingys like first one was here , everyone started to strangle me , and after some time they dissappeared. I was scared, and i started to pray.[com]Im not too religious IRL[/com] But they were still here. I waked up then.[/ND]

And - i think - worst one - two part nighmare. In one of them i was even lucid.

First (not lucid) part:

I was standing near window in my room with some guy. It looked unbeliveable realistic. Down there i saw my mother and another guy, in car. But then a lot of cars was there. It was a giantic collision. Drivers came out of their cars, and started to fight with theirselves. But that was not a normal fight - some of them was using a picks, other ones a shovel, etc.

I looked at guy standing near me. He was looking at it, like he was proud of that, or he was absorbing their anger. I looked at his hand - he had a hammer or something in that shape. I was really scared, he was a few meters from me. I realized that i am dreaming - i wanted to get lucid in my nighmares. But i was too scared to do anything. I thinked “Dont look at me , go away, dont look at me, go away!”. I was too scared to say it loudly. But he didnt made anything. Then he looked at me, and i waked up.

I waked up, deadly scared, i heard also breathing after waking up :eek: . Weird, isn’t it ?

Some time after it i had that dream:

I just waked up. It was still night. At first it was too dark, to make a rc. After a while, my eyes saw enough to say that i had 7 fingers. “A next great lucid dream ?” :tongue: i was wrong. I opened window, and saw scene from that nighmare. Everything looked in same way, but instead of fighting, those people were looking at me, like they were waiting, or like i could command them.

I thinked what would i see if i look back, and that was too much for me. I decided to wake up, luckly it worked.

What would i see if i look back then ? Maybe myself, scared to death, maybe the other guy. Or maybe something i would not want to watch.

I had a ‘lucid nightmare’ last night which terrified me at the time - now it seems such strange thing to be afraid of:

I am in the back garden of my childhood home, standing by the raspberry canes which grow up against a trellis. I suddenly become scared of ‘something’, but there is nothing specific. I freeze, too scared to move. The only thing I move now is my eyes. I don’t want to look up, but I feel my eyes being drawn upwards. Then I see what I am so afraid of seeing. It is a rabbit’s drinking bottle (the type you can attach to the hutch wire). Instead of being filled with water, it is filled with fresh blood.
It is not the blood that scares me, but the fact that I know that what I am looking at is not real. I stare at it, knowing I am seeing a hullucination. I tear myself away now and run upstairs crying. I knock on my mum’s bedroom door, but I know she won’t be there. I go inside the empty room.
I wake up and my mum comes in from another room. I sob and tell her about the ‘horrible dream’ I just had. She asked if the blood was ‘going into’ me (like a drip), but I say no, that’s not why I was scared.
Then I wake up for real, feeling the fear of the dream still inside of me. I instantly do a RC - the breath through my nose one as it is so dark. I really hope that I am awake now and that I am not still in the nightmare.

Does anyone else never have nightmares? I used to but i never seem to have them anymore though i do have normal dreams, i’ll probably have one tonight now lol.

These damn elevator dreams, they are now officialy reoccuring nightmares. Im allways in a small elevator that is tall, and the floor starts moving up to the ceiling, and I get I dont usualy get killed in them, it usually stops inches from the celling, but lastnight I was in a frate elevator with my friend, and it starts to move toward the celing. I got out in time, but my friend was kille. I dont know why this dream is trying to get my attention, I havnt been lucky enough to become lucid in it yet, but Im still working on it.

I occasionally have “bad dreams”, but this dream I had last night really was a nightmare.

I casually enter my room and first see my family. They are all staring at something, and suddenly they all shriek in horror. I turn around to see what they’re looking at, but that part of the room is like a dark abyss and I can’t see very well. From what I can tell, something is moving, or being moved, but I don’t see anybody there. I have this feeling that it may be some kind of invisible demon, but I’m not really scared of it. I try to mobilize someone to have a closer look, but they’re all frozen in fear. I decide to enter the darkness alone. I “know” that a particular spot is in the room is inhabited by the demon. I put my hand over it and it feels particularly warm and moist. The others are still scared stiff, so I decide to shed some light on the matter. I leave the darkness and press the light switch (which doesn’t work but I don’t notice), and open the shutters and window. I see the sky, it’s day but cloudy and unnaturally dark for daytime. I see that a nearby large shed has collapsed right next to the window, and on top of the “ruins” there is a form I can’t immediately make out. It (a black cat, as it turned out) jumps straight inside the room through the window, and that’s as far as I can remember.

It disturbed me a little, but it wasn’t really all that frightening. I’m just glad I didn’t see the demon!

Edit: By “bad dreams” I mean something like the this: I’m with a female desert-dweller who is angry at me for some reason. She draws a poisoned needle and I struggle with her but she is very strong and manages to stick me in the leg. I know I’m as good as dead. Although I died in this one, I didn’t bother me in the least.

I don’t often have nightmares, but recently I had one that disturbed me. It was short, but the feeling was pretty scary.

A female with blond hair is thrown into a kind of porcelain basin which is halfway filled with water. She’s wearing nothing but red-orangeish underwear. Then the top hatch is closed and the basin starts to fill up with water. She swims to the bottom to find a way out or to stop the water, but then swims back to the top to gasp for air. The woman isn’t me, since I am looking at her, yet I can feel what she’s feeling. The water is cold and the air is getting harder to breathe and the water is rising. She’s screaming and banging her hands against the walls of the basin, yelling for someone to let her out. But the water just keeps rising until she can only barely get her mouth above water in order to breathe. As she is choking I finally wake up gasping.

Some of the most disturbing nightmares I’ve had were actually about electrical appliances staying on when I had turned them off and even unplugged them. Like the tv and the radio keep on playing even when the power is out. Needless to say the movie The Ring totally freaked me out -_-;;

Last night was so calamitous it’s almost funny: I visited a haunted house, fell off a cliff, started a war, and got shot in the face. All in different dreams, of course. Probably had more dreams like this, too; These are only the ones I remember. Incidentally, this is the best recall I’ve had in a long time.

Of these, the most unpleasant was when I was shot in the face by a bus hijacker. He shot the person next to me first, then me just a couple of seconds after. What really got me was how effortlessly he could do this. When I was shot, I didn’t feel any pain; I saw darkness and felt very heavy. Then I felt I had to make an important decision. I didn’t know all my options but I quickly decided to become undead. Then I got my vision back and pummelled the man until his head almost cracked. This is the first time I remember delivering such heavy blows in a dream.

I had a dream just last night that I was reading a book about ghosts, and they became real and in my house. One of them was the ghost of a sleeping child, whose personal bed was haunted by his murdered ghost. I found it outside as it was raining hard- it was a small, ugly matress with a rust-colored sheet and pillow. I picked them up- they weren’t even wet. I took them to my parent’s bedroom to ask them about it, but then I remembered one thing about the ghost- if one should carry it’s bed anywhere, a trail of blood would left behind them so the ghost could find them. Looking behind me I saw a long, thick trail of glistening blood, like some hidious red carpet was rolled out for me. Fearing for my life I tossed the bed down the stairs.

ah, these nightmares are so interesting to read xD Every nightmare I have, I fight them back most of the times. Either I fight back or I wake up xD

My last nightmare was intense and amazing.

It started out I was at a party with my friend Mary. Marys hair was in a side tail, the same way IRL the last time I saw her. So at the party I was drinking and really hadda goto the bathroom. I shouted across the room to mary that I would goto the building across the street-the house we were at had no toilet paper.
gap
As I walk toward the party house, people from the other streets empty from houses. Theres about 30 or so peers walking around the blocks and becomming louder. I look up from the sidewalk and see mary inthe window on the second floor dancing. I’m so excited to join her. Then, I see a police man confront her and she looks a little scared. I was disappointed that I couldn’t go back inside (becuase Im not 21 and they could give me a drinking ticket) but relieved that I wasn’t inside when the police came.

There is a sudden riot in the streets from a bunch of out ruly drunks. I hear a loud noise and see that some one threw fireworks or firecrackers into the streets. I became really frightened and disoriented and then BAM I was hit by the firework.

I look down, and see two wounds. In these wounds are blue swirlies and its like a light blue goo-not blood. I was like oh sweet I am not bleeding but I was hurt. I woke myself up.
#)$()(#$(#&$(&#$&

The nightmare before:

I was chilling in some local pool area at nighttime, the pool was closed. I snuck into it with a friend of mine, Gigi. We were all giggly and started smoking green and talking. Then the cops come and I was like Oh shit!

They took us to the street and took Gigi across the street where one cop was talking to her. I was really upset that they were going to confiscate my pariphinalia. The cop across the street must have heard me bitching becuase he threw my pipe at me! It broke at my feet and I was cut! and bleeding! it hurt so bad it stung. I had to wake up

Nightmare directly linked to my first Old Hag. I’m in a cottage in the country side and I go to bed. I wake up and there is something wrong. I look out the window into the garden and see the trees twisted into faces. I decide to go and look around the garden. I go down a path between the trees and I hear shuffling and pig noises on either side but I carry on forward. I come to the end of the path and look on a hole in the ground with iron bars over the top, two of them bent out of position. At this point I remember about the Old Hag who used to live in the hole and run back along the path. The pig noises get louder and louder behind me as I run, screeching with excitement. As I leave the trees and run towards the cottage, I notice masked figures in black robes standing all around the garden. The squealing from the trees becomes angry and I run towards the back door. I try to open it but it’s locked. From the trees steps another smaller masked figure in black and she walks up the path towards me as I stand petrified in fear. As she reaches up to take of the mask, she squeals and snuffles in excitement. Right in my face, she takes off the mask and says “Chris, Chris, Chris. I’m here”. Then I am no longer afraid and I usually wake up. I’ve had this multiple times and it tears me to bits. I wake up and even though it ends well, ******** hell, its bad.

My little sister was lying in my bed, tucked in under a thick duvet. My dad slit her stomach open with a big knife.
She tried to scream but couldn’t, I guess her lungs had been cut aswell. She tried to move, but he held her down and tried to calm her by saying that it would all be over soon when all the guts fall out of the belly.
She could see that I was standing at the other side of the room watching.
I didn’t want to see this, it was too horrible, so I went into the bathroom and took a shower without turning the lights on.

The very worst dream I’ve ever had was when I was inside a dilapidated old mansion in my underwear, searching for loose change. I then transformed into a monster and killed these two kids that came inside. I then went into another room with a girl my age and raped her. Thankfully it was short-lived so I don’t remember much, but I do remember that I enjoyed it- and that’s what sickened me.

I personally think that it was spawned by my own deep fear that, if I ever did anything like that, I’d enjoy it.

A recurring theme in many of my ND’s is fear. I have morbid dreams, and usually I’m being hunted down by a homocidal maniac (which changes each time). I’ve been having these dreams since I was 3 years old! Something almost always dies in my dreams, and it’s usually people – for instance, cannibals in some of my dreams eat other people in my dreams. I recall a dream where these hillbilly cannibals were trying to feed me and my brother human meat at a picnic table in the middle of desolate wasteland. But then I flew away.

With the murderers after me, I’m usually screaming for help but nothing but a coarse whisper comes out – and I wake up with a soar throat and a rapid heartrate.

Once, the cannibalism and the murders were combined: a homocidal cannibal was after me and my parents were watching, but they wouldn’t help me.

I feel rather helpless in many of these dreams, but sometimes I can fly away – really slowly. And the location always changes, usually places I’ve been to but not always.

(I think I need to post this in my dream diary)
Well, about a few months ago I had one of the scariest dreams I’ve had in a while. I’m not prone to nightmares and they’re as rare as a patch of gray hair on my head.
I was in this cocoon-like thing and I remember the walls of it on the inside was like a yellow earwax. It was like a little maze but without an exit and as I began to get desperate I realized that the only way I was going to get out was if I clawed my way out. On the outside of the wax it turned gray and resembled a candle. Then it was the freakiest thing: one moment I’m clawing through wax and the next it’s like freakin’ aliens that had died. Their bodies were wax -like and were really icky. I finally got out and I looked around. The little alien island was surrounded by a bottomless pit and other alien islands. I began to jump from island to island but began to realize there wasn’t any real long strip of land.

I was dreaming this mostly in third person…This dream was like watching a movie, it was building suspence. Axl rose was in high school he was on a school bus, and had fallen asleep in the back of the bus. A boy toward the front of the bus reaches into his back back, and pulls out a gun, and starts shooting people. Another boy was cheering him on. I kept thinking “Damn Axl wakeup, and kick this guys ass”, but Axl was still sleeping. Then the boy with the gun walks up to the boy who was cheering him on, and puts the gun up his nose, and pulls the triger. The boy was still alive, and told the guy with the gun to shoot him in the eye, because he wanted to see how it felt. The boy who was shot gets off the bus, in a ocean, and swims to his house. When big sliding glass door falls on him, and cuts him in half. Then Im talking to Axl in the present time, and I ask him if that really happaned, and he said yes. This dream was pretty disturbing. Ill have to analize it, Im pretty sure Axl who was the hero Archetype of the dream represented depression. Ive only had a few dreams with Axl rose in it, but Ive allways related his songs to depression sence Ive read interviews about him having bipolar depression. (Estranged got me through some tough times) It was a cool nightmare, but damn scary.

Most of my nightmares that are reoccuring involve caskets… In this one Im in a funeral home, and there are caskets everywhere. Im feeling realy creeped out. I go into this one room, and everything is black including the caskets. Something starts moving inside the casket, and I run outside to get away, but in the yard there are more caskets, but the people inside them are alive. I walk up to one of them, and he is in the casket talking to other people in caskets. He has a golden arm. I ask him what he is doing, and he says… “Oh were just waiting to die” Then he screams at me.
Oh great now Im probley going to have a nightmare tonight.
If nightmares make you stronger in the waking life, you can call me Iron man.

… ^^~ I don’t know if this was a nightmare… but it was certainly a more frightening dream-- alarming is a better word…

I was in my house-- then when I looked out the window, I saw a moose. And it was giving birth infront of the driveway.
I wanted to make sure nothing attacked it-- besides that, I enjoyed watching nature.

My father and sister warned me not to go out.

I steppped outside, and a horse came our of nowhere, and knocked me down-- and tried over and over again to bite me, I pushed it away with my feet by it’s neck and I got away.

It really got my heart pumping-- I’ve never been attacked ever in my dreams…

I’ve had nightmarish type dreams since I was a child. Obviously as a child I found them scary but now I sort of like them it appeals to my horror movie side of me and I’m always aware that I’m in my dreams when I do have nightmares.

This topic seems pretty cool so next time I have a nightmare I’ll try and write it down and post it here.