Always Yourself In A Dream?

Sometimes I dream that I am me, but for the most part in normal dreams anyway, I dream that I am someone else.

There is no limit to the different people I can be, they can be male or female of any race and just about any age (never had a dream where I was younger than say 5 years old, though)

I’ve been a little Asian boy, a tall blonde woman, a man (even James Bond!)

Does anyone else dream that they are someone other than themselves? I’m wondering how common it is.

Yes, a lot. Basically exactly what you said above.

I have dreams where I am a different person, the opposite sex and even various animals however these dreams are not very common. The vast majority of the time I am myself in 1st person.

According to your question, this is not common, but it can happen from time to time. For me, it would be few dreams. That kind of dream dont happen often to me.

For me, I am me (In this world) for half the time and an older, magic, different named, version of myself the other time.

I have a friend and she is almost never herself in dreams, I wonder why things like this happen, and if they only happen to certain people . . .

I am myself in dreams more often than not, but I do dream of being someone else on occasion. Just a few days ago, I was a 14-year-old for part of a dream. In the past, I’ve been younger versions of myself, as well as cartoon characters.

I’m not sure I believe in dream interpretation and hidden messages in dreams, but if I did, I’d say that being someone else is probably a sign of being dissatisfied with some part of yourself/your life. :tongue:

That’s little negative xx521xx. Dream messages if they exist, aren’t always bad. It could mean that you have a tendency to put yourself in the shoes of others. Wich is good.

I didn’t say dream messages had to be negative, but I don’t see why they couldn’t be negative. You’re right, it could mean that you’re good at putting yourself in others’ positions. Or, it could vary depending on WHO you become… like maybe being a kid in a dream means you’re young at heart? Longing for something from the past, maybe? :shrug:

I’ve had a few dreams where I wasn’t myself. Even a few dreams where I wasn’t human at all.

I find it somehow more difficult to become lucid when I’m not being myself.

I am usually me, in first or third person. However, sometimes I have been known to be someone else in my dreams. There was one case in a dream where i switched perspective about 3 times, ranging from me, then a girl, then a different girl.

Most of my dreams I have a DC that resembles me.

Often I am the wrong age, or don’t live in my real home.

Sometimes I have a new job - lawyer, electrician, gangster.

Sometimes I don’t have a DC, I’m just consciousness watching a dream.

Sometimes I am another person. Twice I was an animal.

So far I can’t remember any dreams where I have been female. :wiske:

Last week I had a dream that I was Dolph Ludngren (but his After-Rocky stage :smile: )… yes I know :happy: :happy: :happy:

Most of the time, I’m just me in my dreams.
I don’t have those kind of dreams often.
However, it is not unusual for me to have 3rd person view dreams and then I completely loose track of myself and observe someone else. Maybe that could count as being someone else :razz:

I once looked in a mirror in a dream and discovered that I was actually a girl I knew! Would be nice to be a girl for a while I guess.

for me its very rare to have a dream that is not me in first person. Occasionally i wont be in the dream, I am more watching it, but im not any of the characters.

I found this dream “quite disturbing” when I had it
104 garden/lost of my personality since instead of just being male or slightly different … I had none of my real personality at all :eek:

I suppose the moving of the stones is a little like a zen garden.

I’ve only been the opposite sex once. Unfortunately I changed back before I finished undressing. :no:

I don’t recall ever being someone else but myself in my dreams.

Today I got a dream where I was very little boy (aged about 4 or 5). Although I can’t be certain about, upon awakening I got strong feeling that it was the young version of me, however.