Some changes around the forum

I agree also. But there is one thing that bothers me a bit : names. New Quest for lucidity. It mess up with old the Quest for Lucidicy, that is step above the new one.

Altrough I fully agree that this change will put more logic in forum. Great idea Q :thumbs:

yes, but the old Quest for Lucidity will have a new name. I know this can be confusing at first. The mod team will move all, or at least most posts into the new appropriate forums, and the new forum descriptions will also make clear what the purpose of each forum is :smile:

Then im :hyper: waiting for changes :content:

Sounds cool :cool: It will take a while for me to get used to it but I am sure that it will turn out good.

This might be a bit shock for me :meh:

The LD subforums is more than great :smile:

But Ill miss the lovely cloud :cry:

/me gives Petter some Cloud-In-A-Bottle TM to keep :smile:

The cloud discussions can still take place but they will be in the lounge :smile: everything that’s now in the cloud will be found in the lounge, so nothing is lost.

/me thanks Q

/me puts bottle inside his jacket

/me isnt that sad anymore, after all it stays in the lunge :smile:

I think that the Philosopher’s Cloud area should stay.
There is no reason that it should go.
but thats my personal opinion.

the phil discussions used to take place in lounge so they are just returning there, nothing will be lost. Plus members won’t have to wait to join the cloud user group anymore before posting.

Was that suposed to be “a new Quest…”?! :tongue:
Loved the changes, BTW

What about people who want to be part of a usergroup and joined the cloud? Do we get a new group?

“Wanted to be a member of something” group?

Oooo nice point; Q could the Philosopher’s group be kept for no apparent reason? Just so we have a (weird) memory of the Cloud? :tongue:

:eek:

Just last night I had a dream in which you were making some changes to the forum, Q. :nuu:

Where’s the Philospher’s Cloud? :nuu: :nuu:

Never mind, I didn’t read the first post carefully enough. :tongue: I think it makes sense to merge the two forums. :grin: :cheesy:</BB edit>

SAME ! lets keep that as a grave-beer of the cloud :grin:

Bit late. Seems to have gone already. :sad:

sorry, it’s already gone…

Sorry, but I have to be honest and say that I don’t think it was a good idea at all to merge the Cloud with the Lounge. It’s a lot more messy now, and it doesn’t make sense that discussions about existential problems should be in the same forum as everyday topics such as Anybody play golf? and Lost (the tv series). It’s not that I dislike these kinds of discussions, it just feels weird and confusing to have them all in the same place, together with broader and heavier topics like that of whether there’s life after death or not, for instance.

Otherwise, I’m very happy about the changes. I missed a forum about general LD discussions before, so I welcome the General Lucidness forum with open arms.

Actually the General Lucidness forum was there for quite some time already. A bit less than two months it was named General Lucidness :content:

But in phil cloud the “heavier topics” were also accompanied by more light weight ones. Also Lost is a bad example because if discussed in depth it could give very philosophical discussion :wink:

In fact, this was exactly how I felt when I first visited the Loung after the change, so you’re not alone. It really did feel so messy to have those topics side by side together. It also feels as if the Loung is being flooded with too many new topics. I never spend much time in the Loung in the first place, so I’ll be leaving now. :tongue: