The Signal

Longest lucid dream (in dream time)?

Author  Message 
willdream4money
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Longest lucid dream (in dream time)?
PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

How long (approximately) was the longest lucid dream you ever had (meaning in dream time)? Have you ever had one that seemed to go on for days, months, or even years? And about how long was it in the real world?
This topic fasinates me. It is amazing how a dream could go on so long in one's mind when only a few seconds may pass in real life!

ToBedAndBeyond
Somniologist
Somniologist

Longest Lucid Dream Ive ever had felt like about an hour. It actually took about twenty minutes.

Its not great bbut im working on it.....

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Thats pretty great. Mine was only 10 minutes, and I think I forgot half of it, hahaha tounge2

gunsnroses
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Yeah i think it is *** amazing. I would love to have a LD that goes for a day or a week. I heard that someone had a LD that went for 100 years.Dunno if its tru but if it is that would be so *** fun i would never get bored.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity
Dream Dragon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Approx 30+

Whoa... that's like extending your lifetime for 100 years!!! I want to have one just like that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... my longest so far felt like 1 minute. lol

lucidityrulz
Pink Floyd fan
Novice dreamer

impossible

it's stupid.
it's impossible for a dream to last 100 years (dream time), because when you wake up you'll have absoultely no recollection of the present. say that you're a student studying for an important exam and you have an ld for 100 years befor the exam. Don't you believe that you will forget all that that you have studied for the exam in 100 years?
think about your grandparents. do they still remember what they've learned at school?
of course, that's just my opinion ^^

Last edited by lucidityrulz on Tue 05 Dec, 2006; edited 1 time in total
Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

It may be possible, though I'm a little skeptical. In fact I remember reading something in EWLD about someone who dreamed a whole other lifetime in just one LD, not quite 100 years but fairly long. Whether it was true or not not is another question but it was interesting nevertheless.
Anyways, I think my longest LD was about 20 minutes, both dream time and real time. For me, dream time and real time seem to be fairly consistent with each other.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity

Hey man I don't see how it couldn't happen... hopefully you keep all your memories lol otherwise the whole idea kinda bites, yea...

huggkruka
Swedish Sleepyhead
Somniologist

I've had one that seemed like several hours, but it was fragmented and I had really bad recall. It was probably more a feeling than anything.

Duck
Retired from LDing
Dream Deity
LD count: >200

I dont know that i'd like to live 100 years in dream ;/ I mean, i'd forget most of real life. And that experience would be just weird. Try to imagine that you just waked up after dream like this. Everyone actes like nothing happened, but you know you havent seen them for 100 years. That'd suck.

But totally another thing is about one week, one month kind of dreams. Like having a vacation where somebody gave you keys to world. Full control. You can spend that time however you want to. Nothing limits you. It's great thing Im aiming at.

And a dream thing ? Well, about of 20 minutes.

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity

Hey man, 100 years in a dream world with full control and amazing clarity... what's wrong with that! I don't think you'd forget your life memories but that's my opinion. I don't mind if nobody believes me about the dream, i'd want to use it productivly to improve my skills. For example, I could learn to paint a masterpeice... I wonder if those skills could be brought over into the real world, though!

Medical Waste
up the dose
Astral Explorer

You could learn to paint in real life too.

Duck
Retired from LDing
Dream Deity
LD count: >200

But learning it that LD would cause SC to unlock those abilities in real life. But actually, i'd prefer to use "subconsus computer" or another device to control your subconsuss.

I'm gonna say something stupid, but...
Actually, normal dreams are formed by subconsuss. But when we are getting lucid, we are starting to having infuence on dreams. Important thing: we are not forming them, but we control those aspects we actually want to. You are not making up fully things around you. When you are for example flying, you are not thinking "on right side will be cloud on shape of hammer, left will be clear, on sides on vision will be light blur, sun will be on right side". You are olny controling flying, everything else is made up. I guess that it's not like consciousness is starting to form dreams while getting aware that it's dream, but consciousness is getting slight control of subconsciousness. If so, why there would be not allowed messing up with our skills. Painting is a skill too. Of course, it would not work like you wake up and paint mona lisa, but you would get real talent in it. Learning of it would be just kind of fun, rersults would be great.

And I am sure that I would lose most of memory after 100 years. Can you remember fully one day when you were 10 years older than now ? or 14 years older? or even more? What if you would get 100 years older (not phisically, but mentally) and you'd return to state of 18 years ? It's 82 years !

But I'd not protest to take those 100 years in pieces, for example every time when I want to I am getting month dream or week dream.

TheR
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

well so far ive had one which lasted bout a minute..

but i dont think youd forget everything after 100 years in a dream...cus its not hundred years in real time. but i dunno..id like to experience a week..

ulv
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

My first LD, felt like it lasted 2-3 hours. Seriously. But thats just me siiw

print