Some changes around the forum

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author  Message 
Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Sat 02 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

eek2

Just last night I had a dream in which you were making some changes to the forum, Q. nuu

Where's the Philospher's Cloud? nuu nuu

<BB edit> Never mind, I didn't read the first post carefully enough. I think it makes sense to merge the two forums. grin cheesy</BB edit>

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

Bruno wrote:
Mohegan wrote:
What about people who want to be part of a usergroup and joined the cloud? Do we get a new group?

"Wanted to be a member of something" group?

Oooo nice point; Q could the Philosopher's group be kept for no apparent reason? Just so we have a (weird) memory of the Cloud?

SAME ! lets keep that as a grave-beer of the cloud grin

Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

Bit late. Seems to have gone already. sadblauw

Qu
Mourning
ebil stars
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

sorry, it's already gone...

Larry Boy
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Sorry, but I have to be honest and say that I don't think it was a good idea at all to merge the Cloud with the Lounge. It's a lot more messy now, and it doesn't make sense that discussions about existential problems should be in the same forum as everyday topics such as Anybody play golf? and Lost (the tv series). It's not that I dislike these kinds of discussions, it just feels weird and confusing to have them all in the same place, together with broader and heavier topics like that of whether there's life after death or not, for instance.

Otherwise, I'm very happy about the changes. I missed a forum about general LD discussions before, so I welcome the General Lucidness forum with open arms.

Sandra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Larry Boy wrote:
Otherwise, I'm very happy about the changes. I missed a forum about general LD discussions before, so I welcome the General Lucidness forum with open arms.
Actually the General Lucidness forum was there for quite some time already. A bit less than two months it was named General Lucidness ^^

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Larry Boy wrote:
Sorry, but I have to be honest and say that I don't think it was a good idea at all to merge the Cloud with the Lounge. It's a lot more messy now, and it doesn't make sense that discussions about existential problems should be in the same forum as everyday topics such as Anybody play golf? and Lost (the tv series). It's not that I dislike these kinds of discussions, it just feels weird and confusing to have them all in the same place, together with broader and heavier topics like that of whether there's life after death or not, for instance.

But in phil cloud the "heavier topics" were also accompanied by more light weight ones. Also Lost is a bad example because if discussed in depth it could give very philosophical discussion wink5

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Sonia
COOKIE MONSTER
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006  Reply with quote

Larry Boy wrote:

In fact, this was exactly how I felt when I first visited the Loung after the change, so you're not alone. It really did feel so messy to have those topics side by side together. It also feels as if the Loung is being flooded with too many new topics. I never spend much time in the Loung in the first place, so I'll be leaving now.

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

print   ShareShare