Slowing Down Time in Lucidity

I slowed time down in my very first LD. I wanted to do the slow motion walk (seriously weird want) and I could feel and see the world pass by slowly, the pulling back…everything. Very vivid and amazing. The skies the limit in dreams. :grin:

Iono, I don’t think I would like to experience days/months/years in a dream. I think it would freak me out.

That could just be the reason most people don’t experience it. It may be that you need to have plans enough for that length of time befor your SC will let you do it. :smile:
don

Well considering I’ve had dreams that were played out over a period of days when I’m only sleeping 9 hours I would say that proves that dreams have their own time. Truley your brain is dreaming in fast forward so it fits in a period of 9 hours, but when you remember the dream your brain is slowing it down.

That’s my theory.

I read about that too TZer00 it was Lar’s Lucid Dreaming FAQ

I believe it’s possible to “dream longer than you sleep”.

Simply put for the fact that i’ve done it on multiple occassions.

In “My” dream universe I have once visited this place in which there’s a tower (and that place always exists on a seperate dimension in my ‘‘dream realm’’) which holds someone called “The Watcher”.

He has taught me how to extend my dreams, and it seemed to work.

The 2 best moments:

1.:smile: I once Started sleeping at 9:30, I had a lucid for 30 minutes of ACTIVITY, so no time skipping or w/e.
I woke up, clock read: 9:31

2.:smile: I once started sleeping again at 9:54 I had a lucid, when I woke up.
It was 9:04

Now THIS is the most weird one that I can’t even truly believe myself.

I HAVE seen the clock and I WAS awake enough to realize that it really said 9:54, and when I woke up it DID really say 9:04.

So I guess, that’s just. really weird O.o

Time is an illusion. It is now. It always has been. Days, months, years etc are all inventions. So maybe you can slow down time in your dream, but it will still be now, and all you’ll have is a memory of a dream which seemed to be longer then then change in digits on your clock.

I really don’t think it’s quite that simple to affect the perception of time just by shouting a command. Also, the reason you can’t LD might be just that you want it so damn bad and expect more than is actually possible through lucid dreaming. That can work against you.

But if it was that easy. Just a matter of believing. And using a command. It is worth a try considering the potential payoff wich may be revolutionary.

Personally, i had nearlly same thing. It was bit after 11, and i wanted to get up (i mean give up trying to get a LD, and stand up). I accidentaly falled asleep again, and i had a LD. Not very long, but i’ve done more that in not one LD. When i waked up it was 2 minutes later :tongue:

In phisical, slowmotion - i’ve been doing it few times, even half hour before now. Nothing hard, i thinks that everyone would do it at first try. But flying is bit more awesome.

And not-personally:

points at Massive LD experiment back in May of 2006

Hmpf. Never tried slowing down time… I’ve forwarded time in one LD, though. Well, not so much forwarded as “skipping chapters”, I guess.

Heh. Now why does that remind me of Adam Sandler’s ‘Click’?

I’ve never really been able to slow down time in a dream, but I can pause the dream with a Playstation controller that I usually carry around (which I had to use in a recent Resident Evil-like zombie dream–those zombies were fast :eek: Good thing I had that controller :content:)

But tou wouldn’t be devistated if you knew your life was just a dream. I think nearly anything is possible in lucid dreaming i mean you can fly control people and do anything you want!

when you think about it though, when you wake up from dreaming, you remember that it was just a dream, so if what we call “reality” is just a dream, when we wake up from it, we’ll remember it was a dream

grasshopper.com/mind-games/how-to-stop-time

Works so-so for me. :smile:

:rofl: i notice how the post starts off fine then slowly becomes absorbed into crackpot (and i use that term lightly) theory’s. But on a serious note, my friend claims to have had a dream that seemed to last a couple days, and i think i heard the longest LD recorded was like 100 years (one night in RL).
But why would someone want to dream for years at a time? Is it because they are making a desperate attempt to prolong their own life, fearing death? Well, everyone knows there are two things you can’t avoid, Death and Taxes. I could see wanting a few days or maybe weeks of dreaming, to do with what you will. But years? why? wouldn’t you miss everyone you love in the real world? And if you dream for 100 years, won’t you lose touch with reality?

ok. this is a lot to read through, so i have one question: ive become lucid in a dream. how do i stretch out my dream time?

If you mean prince of persia slowing down time, you could summon the dagger of time! (or a time slower watchy-thing)

@madeko
THAT’s question. Some people creates dreamtime, another can do it just-by. For most of people that tried it, results wasn’t great, if there was any.

@Li10
No, it’s about spending days in dream.

ah well, it’d still be cool to be able to rewind time…