Poll: sorta.. Best position to sleep in?

I have been hearing a lotta stuff about how its better for your body both mentally and physically to lay on your back cause it dont squeeze your organs and all this, so i just wanna know who sleeps how, so i kknow whether to try different stuff, most time i lean on my left side or on my stomach, which turns out to be the worst way to sleep… so how do you all sleep and does it seem to help you at all in that position as opposed to other positions?

I’ve always slept on my stomach/side, since I can remember. I use a pillow to support my upper body. That’s just for falling asleep.

I can fall asleep on my back too, and this often results in SP (involuntary, I don’t try to WILD when going to sleep because the resultant LD’s are terrible (REM is far away)).

I sleep on my side, but that’s really just a matter of personal preference…nothing to do with my dreams or anything like that. I find sleeping on my back all night very uncomfortable :neutral:

I really have no choice but to sleep on my side. Sleeping on my back is extremely uncomfortable since my back is uneven horizontally and causes my neck to hurt. (due to scoliosis :sad:)

I cant sleep on my stomach because for some reason I get this “bubble” in my throat and every time I exhale the bubble “pops” and then reforms; this constant cycle of ~Inhale>Exhale>pop~ is gets VERY ANNOYING quickly! :grrr:

i ususally sleep on my stomach, always facing the left (dont know why)
ya i also find it really hard to fall asleep on my back, but usually i try WILD on my back just because Ive heard thats how you do it.
has anyone done it not on their back?

Yep, if you read Vi’s Dream Journal you will see that she sleeps mostly on her Left Side. :thumbs:

for me normally I am sleeping on my right side when I have an LD. Of course, many times I sleep on my right side and don’t have an LD. :sad:

LaBerge suggest that when you wake up from an LD see which nostril is most open (least congested), you were probably sleeping on the opposite side. (Example - you wake up and your left nostril is wide open, but hard to breathe through right nostril therefore you were sleeping on your right side.)

I also try to stay still when I am waking up from LD so I can see what sleeping position I am in.

I laughed when I read that nostril thing. I thought it was only me this happened to, but I guess not. When I’m trying to sleep, my nostrils are constantly plugging on the opposite side I’m sleeping on, so I always have to roll to my other side (I usually have a cold, and that’s why this happens… I actually can’t remember any long periods where I haven’t had some sort of cold, but luckily I don’t get any serious illnesses… go figure :bored: )
Oh well, last night, for the first time EVER, I succeded in sleeping on my back. Guess I’ll lie like that from now on :tongue:

I prefer to sleep on my stomach with my head to the right, however when I WILD I will sleep on my back.

Depends on the mood, if I’m really tired I’ll just sleep whatever position i lie down in the bed :content:

At first, i’d be worth to say that healthfull positiion to sleep is sleeping on back. But it’s also uncomfortale to most of people, and biggest amount of light goes across eyelids (at morning), so it’s harder to fall asleep. But I guess it’s best one to WILD. Noone loses awareness too fastly, so it’s easier to go into dream. But I am used to sleep on my right side, or on stomach. I am also falling asleep very slowly, from maybe a week, so sleeping on back is not good for me.

It’s odd. When I sleep in on the weekend and the light is pouring into my room, I find I get lucid more often when I face the light. It must help make the dream seem less real and stuff and subsequently help me get lucid.

Usually I sleep on my left side though. Sleeping on my back is pretty bad in regards to the soreness other wise felt by myself.

I sleep on either left or right side.
Usually turn atleast 3-4 times before i fall asleep.
Somehow i love to have my arms and legs in weird positions lol
Well, it’s comfortable >>
I always been fixated that i needed to lay on back to do
WILD, i could never get close when i slept on the side.
But i decided to try a couple of nights ago, i very close,
got hit by the vibrations several times, but i didn’t succeed -
-
Then i couldn’t sleep properly until about 4 hours later,
i ended up with the “programmers dream”.
Which usually happends to coders, you have to solve/perfect something or a certain event in the dream can’t occur.
Usually my event is “sleep”, i have to solve the event to sleep lol.
shrug I hate that dream.

*raises hand

:grin: