The BIG Déjà Vu topic

My best friend and I had a deja-vu sometime ago and it was really funny :smile:

My friend was saying to me something and I had the feeling that she said it only one minute before. I asked her about it, she answered “no” and made jokes about the Matrix and deja-vus.

Shortly after her third joke she got silent, looked to me and said “You won’t believe me! I have a feeling of deja-vu right now”.

She was serious about it and we had a strange feeling the whole day.

I seem to have deja-vu in my dreams all the time- I’m in this place that I’ve never been before in real life or in dreams, most commonly a huge old mansion or a large crowded area, and yet I feel as if I had been here many times and even know the whole layout of the place.

Does anyone else have deja vus of having a deja vu, if that makes sense?

Good question.
The saturday before the last one, I was crossing a avenue and had a plenty of deja-vus in the middle of it.

I stopped there, because, for 3 seconds, it seemed last longer, I wasn’t sure where I was, because I had the feeling like I was already at the other side of the avenue.
At least, I’m fine now. (maybe :eh: )…

I used to have terrible Deja Vu about 2 years back, I would get that feeling nearly every day, but it has died down quite a bit since then. I cant even recall the last time I’ve had Deja Vu.

one night i was lucid dreaming and i was hungry, so i went out in to my kitchen and made it a nice night of having dinner with my familly and my dad had made cordon bleu

The next day for dinner, i walk out into the kitchen and its the exact same setting i conjured up in my lucid dream, and we were eating cordon bleu. de ja vuu the maximum point

Deja Vus?
I have abut 3 of them a day…

there just parts of dreams you didn’t that then happen in real life so it feels really messed up.

Hey, I get Deja Vu a lot too. I read somewhere a possibility for it. It said something like our subconscious mind records a current situation milliseconds before your conscious mind does. So when your conscious mind finally records the situation, your brain feels as if it has already seen this information, therefore creating the feeling of having “been here before” or “seen this before” because your subconscious had recorded it just moments before. I think it’s a good possibility, not as “mythical” as I would like it to be, but whatever :smile:

Ever since i started lucid dreaming I’ve been experiencing a lot more Deja Vu in RL. Has this happened to anyone else??

My theory is that most normal events in dreams are possible and plausible, may be far off or in another dimension or something. So you dream about something awesome, its stored into your subconscious, you’re confronted with a decision, and for some reason you choose one option over the other, perhaps because you subconsciously know the preferred outcome. Sometimes things from dreams happen later and you remember. Most of the time that I get deja vu I specifically remember it from a dream. It makes me wish I had awesome dream recall and digital journal so I can prove it to myself.

Me. In fact, I think it may be a way of telling the future. Msybe it is not deja vu, but just you remembering seeing it in a lucid dream. I’m not fully sure though. Can anyone correct me?

I think the reason you have Deja Vu in dreams is becuase it’s actually something you’ve dreamed of before, but forgot it the first time. Isn’t that right, Wikipedia?

Wikipedia: Ah dunno, Daaaaaaavy!

I’ve had “visions” not sure what to call them, where I see something in a dream and then later had it come true to EVERY detail. What’s weird is that I usually will realize that it’s what I saw before and end up doing the same exact thing without thinking about it untill afterward when I get that deja vu feeling. It also seems to happen increasingly as I try to have a lucid dream.

Perhaps this is what’s happening to you?

I rarely have deja vu

My dream recall comes in the form of flashbacks after Déjà vu’s in waking life, so I guess that there must be a connection of sorts. I like to believe that Déjà vu bridges the gap between our minds and consensus reality.

I think the scientific explanation for Deja Vu is that one hemisphere of your brain is processing something slightly faster then the other, therefore creating the illusion that it has happened before.

Although maybe there is a different explaination

I’ve always enjoyed the idea that it’s a sort of premonition, or seeing the future.

I had a different theory that whatever you thought happened before DID happen, in a dream, but you just don’t remember it.

The one flaw with that is, if you are practicing LDing, most likely you will take steps to increase dream recall, so Deja Vu would decrease

I have dejavu’s about once a week i think. It feels really strange, i KNOW i have seen that before.

I used to get heavy deja vu when I smoked weed. I would think that everything had happened before. Someone said something. And I just laughed and said “you’ve said that before” I even felt it was a week ago. I was quite convinced too. Now. at that time I didn not keep a dream journal or remember many dreams on a regular basis. SO i couldn’t tell you if i had dreamt about it before and tapped into that with thc in my brain. But my guess is, it was just malfunction. Having dreamt about it would just suggest premonition. Wich I ofcourse have also experienced but, there is alot of room for it being coincidence.
But I used to notice little things before. Like I think about something specific one day and then shortly after it appears from somewhere else. I think this was when I just started doing lucid dreaming more seriously. Wich I hear is not uncommon.

I for one haven’t had Deja Vu since I was a child.
Presque Vu et Jamais Vu most of the time