REM Sleep, very important

hello guys

i need to know how can i know when is my REM Sleep is occur.
i need to know this becuase i want to schdule my Sound Software so is will play only at my REM Sleep

i think it attached to my Sleep Cycle…

Well, it is said that there is a REM at the end of every sleep cycle, and every sleep cycle takes 90 minutes, the later the cycle is the longer the REM sleep lasts (first is about 5 minutes, later can be 45 minutes).
But I don´t know whether the REM is in that 90 minutes or right after it.
I think it´s in since people say ´wake up after 4.5, 6 etc. hours if you want to wake up during REM´, so if you want the software to play during REM sleep you should make it play after 1.5, 3.0, 4.5, 6, 7.5 hours.

ok, thats meen every 1.5 hours from when i fall asleep?
but then it ill noticed me in the end of the dreaming, no?

thanks, but ill waited for more opinions.

Yeah, but like I said I´m not sure whether or not the REM sleep is in that 1.5 hours, if it is you´ll be notice by the end of the dream, if it isn´t you´ll be noticed in the beginning of the dream. I hope future responses can clearify this.

yeah, me too :smile:
but thanks anyway!

Yes, the cycles are aprox. 90 mins. The REM is in the 90 mins.
If you wake up at the end of the REM sleep, that should help your DR. You might want to start it about halfway through the third, or fourth cycle, so that you would be in the REM sleep.
This is not the same for everyone. You would have to try out different times to see what works for you.
The only way I know to be sure that someone is in REM sleep is to look at their eyes. If they are moving rapidly, it is REM. :grin:
don

Then how is this possible:
‘In the last two hours of sleep the REM-stage can be as long as 1 hour.’ (quote from the ‘what is sleeping’ page in the LD4all guide)

The cycle is aprox. 90 mins, 30 mins Deep Sleep and 60 mins. REM sleep. I do not see any problem with that.
To be more spicific:
First cycle 60-80mins deep sleep 10-20 mins REM sleep.
Last cycle 5-30 mins deep sleep 60-85 mins REM sleep.

Note: These are just general times. This varies from person to person, and from night to night. For example, if you are deprived of REM sleep for a few days, you will start going into REM right at the start of your sleep, i.e. within a few mins. of going to sleep.don

This is going to sound obserd to some people but I really want to give it a go…If I was to deprive myself of sleep for 24 hours (yes, I know, bad) and attempt a WILD, do you guys think there would be an increased chance of success?

(Dont hit me! :peek:)

MissEvil: I think you’ll have a lowered chance of success with WILD because you’ll be to sleepy to perform it correctly.

don: Thanks, I think it’s clear now.

MissEvil, depriving yourself of sleep will incress the need for both deep sleep, and REM sleep. I only know of research that said when people were deprived of REM sleep that they started going into REM right after going to sleep. It was done in a sleep lab with people watching the sleepers, and waking them as soon as REM sleep started.
Note: some of the people started acting a little crazy so this might be connected with aditional risks. It also requires that you have someone to watch you while you are sleeping and wake you up whenever you go into REM sleep. Not easy to do at home. :smile:
If you don’t want to do WBTB, then the next best thing is napping. If you can take a nap in the eary afternoon, that is also a good time to try WILD. The closer you get to your bedtime, the more likely you will go into deep sleep insted of REM. Then you could find out how easy/hard WILD is for you and decide if you want to do it with WBTB, or stick with some other tech.
don

Thankyou for your help Don!

Well generally sleep deprivation can lead to hallucinations and a little insanity here and there so… :neutral:

and yes, Naps are great… a few of my lucids have been through them, and I should probably just stick to them. :grin: