The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part III

I think ive had sleep paralysis before but im not quite sure. it was in the middle of the night and it felt like a dream but this big ass biker dude was holding my neck and i couldnt breathe (which is why i think it was sleep paralysis.) if it was then sleep paralysis isnt that scary. but it was in my school so it also might have been a dream. anyone know what it was?

I think we can distinguished 2 types of SP. :

• Hypnagogic ones ( when you’re falling asleep )
  • Hypnopompic ones ( when you’re waking up ).

It’s probably difficult to go into an LD from an hypnopompic SP cause you’re body is getting out of REM sleep. :content:

I think it is what happen in your case, you have the SP sensation through the dream and then fully wake up.

So I had a sleep paralysis sleep? :smile: Ok, I suppose that makes sense. Thanks!

Shame I can’t use it though.

Whenever I have sleep paralysis it is good. I’m not scared of some old witch to come and laugh at me, I always turn it into an LD through WILD! :cool_laugh:

might be SP and a dream its a transition point to your normal dreams ive has a couple of strange experiences with SP where a cat has appeared in my room while i had my eyes open in the real world, i can only explain that as crossing over.

during that state i felt constricted other have said its scary and feels like they are choking or being crushed, its normal and you do it every night just that your unaware.

Its hard to say for sure as you can open your eyes if your body is in SP mode but its just knowing that its going on is the hard part.

Would closing my eyes and relaxing during sleep paralysis make the old hag dissapear?(if it was there in the first place), ive only been in partial sleep paralysis due mostly to fear, but if i could sorta tune it out that would make things much easier, thanks.

moved from Beyond dreaming into this topic :content:

Last night it was quite interesting . after waking up from my LD and FA i came to realize thati was in SP and there she was old hag. I tried to get out of SP but i managed to only move my head. And i visualized some soldier Pushing my head back down like he was fighting me and was standing on my chest. i was pushing me head up as hard as i can like i was fighting him. then i Started to feel my arms and i punched him and he felt so real and when i got out of it turned out to be an FA and it was a great feeling beating the heck out of hag

You cant move in SP. As soon as you actually achieve movement you snap out of it and wake up. Or you have gone into another dream. So you just had a wierd dream xD

Hey if i go into sleep paralysis and i feel an “evil presence” would just laying there relaxed make it go away? and if i did that, would i just wake up normally or would i then be in a dream. sorry i know ive asked about this before but i have yet to get a straight up answer.

thanks.

Being relaxed doesn’t necessarily make it go away, but if you can master yourself and not fear it, then yes it should wether disapear or turn into something not frightening.

Also it depends on what you’re intending to do. If you wanna go into an LD from SP, just staying relaxed nay not be enough.

I personally close mye eyes, and imagine myself rubing my hands together, when I start feeling them, i know i crossed the dream frontier, and then try to get up.

Generally, when I don’t do anything and stay relaxed waiting for SP to fade, i just end by waking up normally. :content:

Well I you can either wake up or slip into a lucid dream. Since your mind is awake and your body is asleep. So remind yourself it is a dream, close your eyes and picture yourself somewhere else. Or force yourself to wake up.

It’s probably a SP indeed, that you managed to turn into an LD. It must be cool kickin’ Old hag’s a** ! :tongue:

Ok so let me give you this scenario and tell me if im correct.

Im doing my wild and get to sleep paralysis. Then (whether theres an old hag or not) wait to make sure its completely set in, then try rubbing my hands together to get into my dream.

which leads me to 2 more questions. 1)if i do happen to see the evil presence or something of that sort, will thinking of something not scary change the appearence of the hallucination into something not scary? 2)when trying to get into a dream while already in sp, does simply just thinking about a place take me there? (say a beach or something like that) Sorry for all the questions it would really take some pressure off if i knew how to control everything though.

Thanks again.

Whew, buddy. I feel sorry for you. The whole SP thing scares me. :bored:

Anyways, I’ve never heard of someone changing the “presence”, but again, I’m still very new at this. :content:

I used to have SP frequently, so I am quite used to it. Ignore the pesences. This state is exactly where you need to be! Body asleep, mind awake, the thing is your eyes are open. So you think you are awake even though you are not. You need to remind yourself you are asleep, close those eyes of yours if you can, and imagine yourself somewhere else. Trying to move can be odd and painful if you are not used to your etheric body. If you do try and force yourself to move, it may feel like you are pulling out of your body. From this SP awareness state you can roll out of your body to AP as well.

The thing is, it’s different for everyone, you cannot tell by advance what is going to happen for sure.

But you don’t have to worry, nothing bad can happen in any case, plus you won’t necessrily get SP or Old hag. :content:

For me, it doesn’t work that way, I always have to struggle with my dream body to get up. When I’m up, I keep rubbing my hands, breathing deeply, and the dreams gets clearer and I take more and more control of myself.

Woohoo, I salute you. She always scares me. :content:

Last night I had a strange experience. I’ve never had SP before, but this sounds like it.

I was counting from 1 to 100 in time with my breaths to relax myself. When I got to around 50, I realised that I had an itch. I went to scratch it but my hand wouldn’t move, I then realised that I was paralysed. My hand vibrated.

It didn’t last long. The harder I tried to force my hand to move, the harder it vibrated, until I finally moved it and woke up (even though I’m sure I was awake).

I didn’t realise that it could’ve been SP until now. I feel a bit disappointed with myself, I could have had an LD or even astral projected.

Yes, that sounds like SP Caz. :content:
Experience helps, next time you can try to use it to get into an LD or OOBE. :happy:
don

Sleep paralysis happens whenever I try to attempt MILD- first my feet, then my hands, and soon my whole body seems almost ghostly. I can’t feel anything and I can’t determine where my feet or hands are; sometimes it feels like my legs are crossed, or bent funny, or my hands are balled into fists.

The only time I’ve ever had an Old Hag, or something similar to it, was when I had a false awakening and this strange lady stood at the foot of my bed- she looked like a supermodel, at least in her 20’s with long brown hair and tan skin, and she was completely naked. But there was something about her that frightened me beyond comprehentsion, like she was really some demon in disguise that was about to kill me, and I couldn’t move.
She seemed to be hovering or crawling over my bed, but then vanished as I sat bolt upright in bed, awake and freaked out (And to think that only happens in movies!).