Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

added :content:

when adding Shared Dream i was editing the Dream Sign acronym to make it into the SD one. While typing it became “Shared Dream Sign”. That’s a cool one come to think of it :smile:

Shared Dream Sign:
a. A Dream Sign signifying for the dreamer he/she is in a shared dream
b. A Dream sign shared by different dreamers (can i have the dream sign now? you have had it for 2 weeks already)
c. A Dream Sign noting the dreamer he/she is now entering a shared dream. (like a road sign: warning: Shared Dream ahead, enter at your own risk, maximum flying speed 30mph) :gni:

I thought it was time to update my definition of Lucid Living:

Maintaining, in your waking life, the same state of awareness that you experience in a Lucid Dream.

With all the discussion and exploration of this subject that has gone on here I think this is a better definition. Any chance you can get the “LL” mouse over to work on this server ??? :happy:

nope… doesn’t depend on the server but on the censor words program i use to do the acronym thing. and it is not case sensitive :sad: And íf it sees 'll it 'll make 'LL out of it…

I’ve collect suggestions and made a list of unregistered terms:

ASP - Awake sleep paraylsis

IMLD - In my Lucid dream

SRA - Sudden random awakening

EWLD - Exploring the world of Lucid dreaming

LDER - Person who can Lucid dream (“LDer”)

LS - Lucid sleep

AP - Astrual Projection

LDs - Lucid dreams

LS - Lucid sleep

RT - Reality testing

PD - Precognitive dreaming

CILD - Chakra Induced Lucid Dreaming

CHILD - Charecter Induced Lucid Dreaming

PILD - Punishment Induced Lucid Dreaming

PLILD - Placebo Induced Lucid Dreaming

RILD - Reward Induced Lucid Dreaming

TILD - Thirst Induced Lucid Dreaming

UILD - Urinate Induced Lucid Dreaming

OILD - Orgone Induced Lucid Dreaming

NILD - Nap Induced Lucid Dreaming

DRILD - Drug Intiated Lucid Dreaming

SHILD - Shared-Dreaming Indcued Lucid Dreaming (Where you tell someone there dreaming or viceversa)

SILD - Sexual Induced Lucid Dreaming

STILD - Spontaneous Induced Lucid Dreaming (That’s my one)

SPILD - Sleep Paraylsis Induced Dreaming (A branch of WILD)

The below quote is what happens if you put “lild” into the message. I have had to put LI-LD into the quote to stop it repeating it self.

At least BrainHacker’s famous!

Technodreamer

Do you want my autograph? :wink: :razz:

I’ll post my suggestions again:

FSP= False Sleep Paralysis: happens when you wake up in SP-like conditions in a FA. This type of SP is caused by mental blockages, while the real SP is caused by physical conditions.

FHI= False Hypnagogic Imagery: happens when you experience HI while falling asleep inside a dream. This could be hypnagogic or hypnopompic.

CLD/CoLD= Chain of Lucid Dreams: when you experience several individual LDs after each other in a short time period.

CFA/CoFA= Chain of False Awakenings: when you experience several FAs after each other in a short time period.

SPA/SPuA= Sleep Paralysis upon Awakening: the most common type of SP.

SPFA/SPuFA= Sleep Paralysis upon Falling Asleep: very rare type of SP but it exists.

ahem

I noticed that we don’t have NREM here…

Non-Rapid Eyes Movement

:peek:

hmm… could have skipped over this one, but DR should be ‘dream recall’ I’m a really lazy typist, and probibly will spell every 2nd word wrong, so for the sake of LD4all we may want to add this one :grin:

Thanks for applying my VILD technique to the forum pasQuale! :happy:

How about adding some grammar to the acronyms?

LDs - Lucid Dreams
LDing - Lucid Dreaming
FAs - False Awakenings

and so on…

FWILD: Fake Wake Initiated Lucid Dream. When you do WILD in a dream, thinking that you are awake.

I think this one is pretty common, so I would like to see it added to the list of acronyms…

If you realize that you are dreaming while the dream is fading away and you are starting to wake up, could you call that LA: Lucid Awakening?

Here is a good definition:

DILD - Dream-Initiated-Lucid-Dream–A dream in which the dreamer becomes Lucid during the dream, either by dreamsigns or spontaneously.

thanks Lucidity Master :content:

This seems like some good definitions

MILD - A method of lucid dream induction done by falling asleep with the presleep intention to remember to recognize the dream state.

WILD - A method of lucid dream induction done by focusing on something to keep the mind awake as the body falls asleep in order to enter the dream state fully lucid.

An acronym that I commonly use in my DJ:

TF - Technology Failure - The tendency of technological items to not function as intended while in a dream.

The most well-known example is the whole light-switch thing. Last night I had a dream where I couldn’t get a cell phone to work properly, and then it began to fall apart in my hands.

I noticed HI hasn’t got a description yet. How about this:

“Vivid sensory perceptions occuring while falling asleep. HI often consists of images which may eventually develop into a dream. Flowing passively with HI into the dream is the basic technique of WILD.”

:tongue:
LoL…oops

[edit to cover up even further retardedness.]

HH doesn’t even have an explaination either.

Note*
HI / HH can also be experienced upon waking too!
Hypno-/Hypnagogic - as you fall asleep
Hypno-/Hypnapompic - as you wake

I often rest my eyes for a while and get HH…but I stop myself from going further asleep. I use it as a form of entertainment when I have some free rest time.

I only spoke of imagery when falling asleep, because HI means “hypnagogic” imagery. Thus, HH and HI only happen when falling asleep. There’s no specific acronym for hypnopompic imagery… yet.

DL.
Dream leaping. Going from your dream to person/thing’s dream.