Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Music to listen to

Author  Message 
ddd333
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Actually, I recently heard that Pink Floyd's "Echoes" was designed to be synchronized with the final scene in "2001: A Space Odyssey". I am already a huge fan of that movie; it is my favorite and the last scene is great for watching right before bed. But then someone told me about this, so I started the song exactly when the title card in the movie says "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite". It is really amazing- the sounds in the song correspond with a lot of visions and motions in that scene. The song and the final scene are both 23 minutes, 28 seconds long.

mikederek
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Ever heard of Dredg? Highly recommended. Very dream-like hard rock, and very melodic. Check them out.

×ivot
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Tangerine dream (albums from middle seventies till the middle of eighties ),trance like
psychedelic music without hard bass rythm attack that involves todays trance music,and i think mutch more sophysticated .not that i dont like trance,just that i think that trance is for body and mind,and Tangerine dream is just for the mind.
And some other stuff,like:Klaus Schultze,Ash Ra tempel ,Tomita,
Popol vuh.

ddd333
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I LOOOVE Tangerine Dream. My favorite album is the soundtrack to the 1983 Tom Cruise film "Risky Business". They did most of the score for the movie, including the main theme (Risky Business) and two tracks called "Love On a Real Train" and "Lana" which became singles. They're really great to listen to at night.

virtuoso_735

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

I like Debussy and Ravel. Very dreamy music.

Az343
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Hi there. To all of the musicians out there i have found that if you listen to an instrument you play for example with me i cant listen to any cello, opera, saxophone,clarintet and a few othrs however i have found piano VERY effective as well as pan pipes (i play these 2 but they do not have the same effect goodness knows why) oh and i play guitar but that is fine to listen to.
However considering what i have found effective not for LD but for my trance meditations (wich if using the WILD tequnique you need to be in a trane state for hypnagogic imagery to come on) i have found many things effective i like enya, pure moods, some symphoinc music, some piano solos like the pure moods chillout relaxing paino and i have also found brainwave entertainment (if you havent heard of it i recomend a google search it is wery usefull to us dreamers) and i highlly recoment you go to www.lucidquest.com
and download some music of there it can be used in many aspects of you live and not just inducing LDs.

Inquisitor Bob
Millenium Shrimp
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Ashen Light.

It may be odd that I'm comming up with a black-metal band but they made 2 albums that are compositions of keyboards, a guitar, a generally slow drum and bird sounds. (for anyone interested: Slavenskie Vechera and if your feeling up for something heavier, Pesn Velesa)
Very relaxing.

Dargaard is also very good for becomming calm, neo-classical with both male and female vocals, epic, but soothing.

And probably my personal favorite: Puissance.
Neo-Classical Industrial, usually slow, beautiful melodies sometimes accompanied with a voice repeating generic nihilistic statements. But it's the melody that gives it it's edge.

I would like to add though that Dargaard and Ashen Light are very unknown, you will need to resort to less than legal ways to attain them.

Vrathal

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

I "stole" a relaxation CD from the Crowne Plaza a while back. Very peaceful music, and it begins with a progressive muscle exercise program.

Childhood
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

anything by Biosphere. Very calm ambient electronica without any beats or drums. Also the Selected ambient works 2 by Aphex Twin.

cmcm

PostPosted: Wed 16 Sep, 2009  Reply with quote

Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but cocteau twins is optimal for going to sleep. (I can't promise as to the lucidity of one's dreams)
It doesn't have any "real" lyrics so one isn't focused on interpretting them, it's melodic, and the words that are in it are inspiring

print