Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

FILD = Finger Induced Lucid Dream

Ashvura
Long Lost Dreamer
Astral Explorer

It sounds kinda funny doesn't it lach1

I actually tried the technique last night since it sounded interesting and people are having success with it. But I think that even after WBTB I just wasn't tired enough, and after a couple of tries of not falling asleep and dreaming at all I went to sleep normally.

I think I'll give it another try soon :3

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

wanderer nico wrote:
I'm so sorry for being lazy, but the browser is being really slow...what does the "F" in FILD stand for? Hey, at least I noticed the change, right?

Finger?

wanderer nico
solitarian
Somniologist
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Thanks! I never would have guessed...I'm so bad at guessing games sometimes grin

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

And umm... what on earth is meant by a finger induced lucid dream?

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Zebedee wrote:
And umm... what on earth is meant by a finger induced lucid dream?

Its because you twitch your fingers very gently while you fall back asleep, go read part one

Odeon
transcendent
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Well I read the first page in the original topic and this method sounds very promising. I'll give it a try tonight and we'll see how it goes. I'm pretty confident it'll do the trick.

Wadadli
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

those of you that have had succes with this are you the type of people who fall asleep really easily whenever i feel like Im tired enough and I try this then I dont end up falling asleep....sadblauw

chip9munk
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

i tried this tech last night when i woke up at 6 a.m. i was moving my fingers for a minute ant tried rc but nothing happened... i thing i was TOO obsesed with a thought that i might hav a ld soon wink

so i got really awake and couldnt go to sleep for another hour!! that wasnt so good...

but than i finally fell asleep and had a great normal dream about playing music with a chalk on a blackboard!! ^^

so my question is how do i concentrate on my fingers but not to think about it SO MUCH!!!

sadblauw

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

chip9munk wrote:
i tried this tech last night when i woke up at 6 a.m. i was moving my fingers for a minute ant tried rc but nothing happened... i thing i was TOO obsesed with a thought that i might hav a ld soon wink

so i got really awake and couldnt go to sleep for another hour!! that wasnt so good...

but than i finally fell asleep and had a great normal dream about playing music with a chalk on a blackboard!! ^^

so my question is how do i concentrate on my fingers but not to think about it SO MUCH!!!

sadblauw

Don't concentrate on your fingers. Don't concentrate on anything. Just remind yourself to do a RC in a minute or so, and twitch them just enough so you can feel it clearly.

chip9munk
Somniologist
Somniologist

i am starting to think it is not as easy as it sounds... i am afraid that dild might be the only way for me because just the idea that i might become lucit is exciting enough to wake me up neutral
well i guess that is why you hawe to practise everything step by step....

hope ill stay cool next time
siiw
thanks

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

chip9munk wrote:
i am starting to think it is not as easy as it sounds...

No its easier! I just make things sound overly complicated. Its simple, you dont have to count or do anything special. Just twitch your fingers as you fall back asleep, and after awhile do a RC

chip9munk
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

i tried again last night (this is my FILD week ) smile and no luck again... do you think it is even possible to have my first LD with FILD ? the problem (AGAIN angry ) is that i think too much about it, i am looking foward possible ld so much it is sslowing me down... i know it is stupid but i am sure you all understand...

i dont know if fild is good as a first tech because i dont know what to expect...?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Ive been trying to WBTB but when I get up im just so tired I hit off the alarm and go back to sleep. Do you think that I could just wake up and start FILD right away, sinse Im not really that awake?

X14Halo
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Well I tried FILD for the 1st time last night. I've had 2 LD's before...a few months back, when I really was into the whole LD thing. Now after seeing FILD, I decided to get back into it because it looks easy. I set my cell phone alarm to go off at 6am (I went to bed at 3am). I ended up waking up at 5am and and just shutting off the alarm so it wouldn't wake me up later. I started doing the finger thing and I started to feel the tingly sensations on my body, and I could feel myself being pulled into a dream. I think I got too excited then that I woke myself up a little bit. Either that or only 2 hours of sleep wasn't enough. Trying again tonight though...I'll let you know how it goes. Sounds promising! grin

print