Different styles of flying

I still prefer my jumpiness to flying. I think it’s more relaxing to aim a jump than to fly around in complete control.

Merged into the ‘different styles of flying’ topic :tryfly: -Q i need a Q smiley

Just to let ppl know, if you are having
trouble with achieving flight: I found out in my last
LD whilst experimenting, (Click Here) that ‘swimming’ in the air like you would do
underwater helps a great deal in controlling your flight :grin: .
I guess you’d have to know how to swim underwater though irl, hehe. (Or maybee not… hehe its after all ‘your dream’)

I found this the most calming, and non stressfull way to achieve flight so far

Give it a try :cool:

I’ve always kind of done it the Douglas Adams way: fall down and forget to hit the ground. ;D

In LD’s I love flying so I grow wings to fly somehow.

In other words, what I do is jump off something high and grow wings during my fall. ^^

I always liked the airbending technique more…
You can move faster and you can also kick butt!! :cool:

I dunno about airbending… never saw the show… For me, good 'ol ways are best ones. Superman, Just by, spreading arms, etc. But it’s more a matter of taste, every way causes you to fly :smile:

I flew Harry Potter-style on one of those Swiffer sweepers :happy: with Uncle Paulie from the Rocky movie series as my grandpa :grin:

for flying, i like falling upward, swimming in air, and graceful movement “master of the universe” kind of style

As a kid I could fly sometimes when I had a “magical prune” (it’s fucking ridiculous, I know), and the actual flying would consist of concentrating on flying very hard and then taking off.
Keeping myself airborne was alot harder and I crashing was a major issue.

I’ve never seen the show either… :tongue: I had a LD last night where i was able to fully controll the air and i used it to fly! :grin: I was soooooooo cool!!!
I loooooove playing with wind in LDs… Fire and water are also cool but air is definatly my power… :dream:

It is fun to just float around with no control doing flips and twirls… but it does become a nuisance, and thats when I like to fly gently but swiftly like peter pan :smile:.

You can fly around properly with airbending… You just make the air around you push you where you want to go, you don’t just float around… because that would, as you said, be boring! :tongue:

In my first LD I flew in a way I call the Magneto way :cool_laugh: I put my arms pointing down, and felt them thrust me upward from my palms, but I was only able to hover.

Then I also flew imagining I was sitting in somehting, but I did not see it, I only felt it under me.

. . . Destroying everything around ? :eek:

@ -Juanelm-
I heard about flying in invisible car - that one seems to be simmilar

in one of my LD’s i was trying to fly, i would try to take off by jumping but i kept hitting the ground. so then i go the idea of asking one of the random people i was with if he had any of the magic dust that peter pan uses and then got my happy thought (which was that i was lucid :razz:)…unfortunatly it didnt work. if anyone tries this and it works i guess it could be a new technique tho…The Peter Pan Technique! :happy:

Oh wow, I forgot all about this topic…

And I’ve noticed that object assisstance seems to include many things, maybe I’ll add subcategories to it

I will fly in my lucid dream. The first lucid thing I will do. I want to use the wind to fly.

I would like to know if the Peter Pan style would work. Just without the “Faerie dust” or whatever.

It is more of a diversion of a way than a way, because the dust would be the “Object assistance” methoud. Without the dust, it is the “Nothing” method. But can it be done, with such precision as in the movie, or in “Kingdom Hearts” (PS2 Game)?

Superman style tends to work well for me, and I’ve been getting better and better at the Nothing style. Recently though, I had an idea… I’m pretty stinkin good at telekinesis in dreams, and moving myself that way is still kinda iffy…

So it hits me one day – Why don’t I just use telekinesis to move the entire environment around me relative to where I want to go?

So I tried it and it works pretty good! Imagine yourself as a stationary point and move your surroundings around you. Relative to your surroundings, you’ll be the one moving. Steering is a little difficult, but it’s amazing for taking off and covering long distances very quickly.

Try it guys, see if it works for you too! :smile:

I did a superman one once and i totally agree how hard it is to steer!
But the best is definately growing wings, so easy and so much fun!

I usually use a combonation of the jump and spreading arms.