Author  Message 
Fuzileer

Best dream I ever had, I NEED TO DO IT AGAIN
PostPosted: Thu 04 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Dreams can have that affect. You may or you may not have the dream again.
In a lucid dream you could maybe find this place, You never know though.
It all has to do with your mind and yours alone.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

Sounds like a good dream. Not sure what to tell you. I say get Lucid and go for it. Or maybe this is one of them precognitive dream thingys and you will actually meet this person. Don't count on that though. So yeah get Lucid, then go to that particular dream, preferably right where you left off (go through a painting or door or something while lucid while telling yourself you will be in that dream) and finish it! But if you do, make sure you tell us how it turns out!

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

bye hello Fuzileer, welcome to LD4all
this reminded me of an earlier topic
link -> My first love. Not in RL sadblauw
when you get experienced with lucid dreams you should be able to re-create some of it

Quote:
Would I feel the same way after each dream if I did so?

since you would know this world was of your creation the feelings would probably not be the same..

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Fuzileer

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I am upset that I won't be ble to go through the same exact dream again.
But to hell with it, at least I had a good dream like that. smile

Okay, I'm gonna try and become Lucid, I will return to that dream come hell or high water!

Bright_Eyes_Rocks
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 06 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

I dont know. I've had the same dream more then once. I probably had about 5 normal dreams that I've had more then once. I've also had the same LD more then once. So I dont know. Maybe you can have the same one again

piculum
Somniologist
Somniologist

You can't recreate the same feeling if you're lucid? Bullshit.

You can recreate whatever you set your mind to recreate.
Otherwise, you might try just setting up the scenario and losing lucidity if you prefer to.

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

I don't think you should aim to be a lucid dreamer on the basis that you feel happier in the dreaming world and the person you love is there. You've got to get a grip on reality, there's no problem with trying to lucid dream but i wouldn't do it for those reasons. If you kept seeing that girl in your dreams then you'd feel that bad when you woke up every time you wake up. The more you see her in your dreams the harder it'll be to forget about her. Just remember, she is on your head, thinking you love someone from a dream is unhealthy. For these reasons i'd advise you not to recreate the same dream, just be happy that you had a nice dream but accept that that's all it was.

Fuzileer

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Zebedee wrote:
I don't think you should aim to be a lucid dreamer on the basis that you feel happier in the dreaming world and the person you love is there. You've got to get a grip on reality, there's no problem with trying to lucid dream but i wouldn't do it for those reasons. If you kept seeing that girl in your dreams then you'd feel that bad when you woke up every time you wake up. The more you see her in your dreams the harder it'll be to forget about her. Just remember, she is on your head, thinking you love someone from a dream is unhealthy. For these reasons i'd advise you not to recreate the same dream, just be happy that you had a nice dream but accept that that's all it was.

Never thought of it that way, thanks for pointing it out.

But putting aside my dream, being lucid sounds pretty cool, so I want to try it out anyway.

By the way, is it scary when you get into the dream, cos ive been told that your body starts to paralyze from the feet up?

Thanks

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 07 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

No problem, yeah Lding is pretty cool (not that I can do it particurly well yet) so I do recommend it for a bit of fun. As for being scary, I've never tried going into a dream that way (because I'm too scared of having scary hallucinations and stuff and you do get paralysed) but most people say it's not really scary and even when it is you'll get used to it. I just get lucid randomly to be honest, although I do use mild sometimes.

Fuzileer

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Cos I sometimes get sleep paralysis, and last time i had it, i tried doing what you guys suggested, saying to myself that im ok and telling myself to wake up. Its horrrible....

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

Well if you don't want that you can always try a different way like mild or doing reality checks and stuff. Have a read about it on the main part of this webiste if you haven't already, or just search 'lucid dream' on google.

print