Improving Reflexes

I moved this from Beyond Dreaming to the Lucid Lounge, because I thought it would fit better here :content:

Does anyone know how to improve your reflexes? I would like to do this because i think it would be cool to be able to be really fast with reflexes and l could do stuff with it.

with reflexes, do you just mean your reaction time (how long you need to respond to a certain stimulus) or actual reflexes (neuronal hard coded movement patterns)?

I dont know what the 2nd one is but the first one i guess.

Train your brain alot in fields where reflexes matter, my first guess would probably be shooting games.

I have no idea how to improve them.

It’s nice to have naturally amazing reflexes. ^^

Well…
1- Videogames. Videogames help a LOT with your reflexes. Games involving shooting or quick moves, specially. If you can get a game which uses a gun controller, even better. Try getting a Wii :smile:
2- Martial Arts. Try learning kung-fu, or karate, or whatever.
3- If you want you hands to be quick (quick eye/hand relation), videogames also help, but typing a lot does too.

4- If 1 and 3 are overused you’ll end up with carpal tunnel though.

I do type a lot. My typing speed is usually around 50 but other times its 65 words per minute. Well the other day i also rented Matrix: The Path of Neo. Do you think this game would help me with reflexes? Its not a bad game really. I kinda like it. Oh yeah, i also want a WII. I’ve wanted one before they came out.

Well myself I am a gamer but I cannot say my reflexes improved because of gaming, because as far as I can remember, they have always been great.

The best advice I could give you it to make your subconcious even more aware of what goes on around you. For example, whether it be bright and early in the morning (I’m a zombie in the morning and I hate mornings) or the middle of the day or whenever. If I sense something about to fall (probably a combination of sight, sound and touch), I just always end up reaching for where it will fall. Although probably like 2% of the time I end up just reaching somewhere within a split second and nothing falling and I just make myself look like a fool. :razz:
thinks back to first semester this year in one of my classes when my pen almost fell and I swung to get it