What Book Are You Reading? — Part II

:hmmm: hmm… that would really help me in school if it worked! ill try that

I’m reading Deepak Chopra’s Burden of Proof, which is an excellent synopsis on quantum science, vedic tradition, and Christian religious unity in non-dualist life after death. I’d recommend it to anyone who seeks an enlightened view on a possible meaning of life, and we’re we are headed.

I just finished Daniel Pinchbeck’s 2012: The Return of Quetzlcoatl, which is a simply amazing review of occult, psychadelic, and mysticism authors, traditions, and futures. It discusses the predictions regarding 2012, and does a phenomenal job of uniting a whole variety of differing perspectives. It’s friggin’ fantastic.

The best book I’ve read in a long long time would have to be Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts, though. If you want to really test your assumptions, values and beliefs about this work, I could not possibly recommend a better book.

Namaste!

Sourcery By Terry Pratchett (5th in the Discworld series), I listen to it as an audio book, so, while I’m walking in the street or sitting in a train I’m staring in front of me blankly and occasionally luagh out loud, god, that guy is good.

Wars that made the western world by Timothy Shutt, this is not really a book as much as a guy recording a renowned historian while he’s giving a series of lectures at a college.
War is always interesting ^^.

I’m also halfway through the Iliad by Homer and Objectivism by Leonnard Peikoff, but I have yet to find the energy to continue reading them.

I finished “2001: Space Odyssey” tonight, and I am also starting “2010: Odyssey Two.” I love Aurthur C. Clarke!

I’m totally making progress reading the B.O.M. I’m in 2 Nephi: 10. Already read 32 chapters. Now only… 13.8 books and… 207 chapters left to go… !

Needless to say, I won’t be done before I head out into the field.

I’m reading Orwell’s 1984 :colgate:

Oooh, that’s such an awesome book! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I’m not reading anything at the moment… except for all these books about Borderline Personality Disorder (I’m doing a project about it at school, and it’s project week right now >_<). I’m so bored with it already…

Hah, no one has posted here since me… :bored:

I’m reading one of the Dune books right now, but the problem is, it’s the second one (I think) - Dune: House Harkonnen. I haven’t read the first one… so I’m just wondering, if anyone has read the Dune books, is it necessary to read the first one before you read the second one?

Otherwise I guess I’ll go back to the library and borrow the first one instead.

The last book I’ve read was “The Conference of the Birds” by Farid Ud-din Attar.
Edition www.penguinclassics.com

white noise by don dedillo. funny book. very clever.

House Harkonnen is in this sort of “Prelude to Dune” set of novels, so they would prepare you well for Dune, I guess… I’m not sure, though - I haven’t read the prelude to Dune ones yet.

Your reply made me even more curious, Wnvoss, since I didn’t even know the books had prequels, so I went to the Wikipedia (I had no idea the Dune universe is so huge! :eek: ), and then to amazon to check the reviews… and now I think it seems weird to read it because first of all, people say it’s not as good as the other books, and it’s written after all the other books… :bored:

Luckily, I picked up another book at the library, I’ll read that one instead until I go back to the library check out the other Dune books. It’s “The Telling”, by Ursula K LeGuin (my favorite author). :content:

Im reading the narnia books

Or , i just finished em last night.
They are so brilliant :content:

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami.
Freeky good stuff.

Just finished Phillip Dick’s “Time Out of Joint”, Just started Discworld - love it already :content: , and also currently reading Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” book 5 - it’s quite ponderous :bored:.

I bought that book some time ago, but I have to finnish reading “Howl’s Moving Castle” first.

Ithaka - Adele Geras

Really good hehe :happy:

I’m reading “Animal Farm” by George Orwell. I normally don’t read books, but I have to read it in school.

Finished 2010: Odyssey Two last night.

Now I’m reading The Jesus Incident by the same guy who wrote Dune. It’s turning out pretty well (but then again, I’m only reading it while waiting for the 3rd Space Odyssey book).

:grin:

Currently reading “Sahara” by Clive Cussler.