Best thing to try on your first LD?

One does not have to do anything extravagant. I think it’s just incredible how real LDs are, and as it would be your first, you’re likely to be amazed at this. Touch something in a dream! For me, touch is the ultimate sense to decide how real something is. You can feel it, it’s solid, or whatever. It’s taken for granted IRL but somehow becomes significant in a dream.

sex.

Well If you believe that you won’t feel pain then you won’t. I always thought it was impossible to feel real pain in dreams anyway and in some of my LDs I’ve jumped out of windows and stuff for fun cause it doesn’t hurt you just get a really weird sensation.

That’s not something to try the first LD, unless you want it to be very short. :content:

see how long you can make it last while doing normal things you would do in a LD. One thing i suggest is mind control cuz it was really easy in the first LD where i tried to use powers. If it starts fading just try doing lucidity times 1000 or something like that so that the next time you have a LD you know how to make it last.

I would try to explore your dream scape and practice flying or transforming things (changing color, shape, size, etc.) They are good skills to have :happy:

but what good is flying if you can only fly for 2 seconds??!! That is a big problem for me. I had only two but I could stay in them for like 30 seconds and then sudenly I am in a new dream.

Touching things, realizing how real everything is, testing how very simple things which you would still never do in the real world work out in a dream.
I still never get bored doing that (and in addition to being fun, it tends to prolong my lucid dreams if I improvise and interact with the dreamscape).

Flying is also a cool experience and seems to work well even without much practice (strange, isn’t it? :eh:). Now that I see Duck mentioning it, I have been on planes a few times. But flying in a dream still was quite a different experience. For example, I can hover close to the ground and it still feels very real.

WOW after see’ing your experiences, i feel lucky =D

My first LD (today) I was in it for a while,I could melt people,fly (without a problem,like a rocket) And it only ended once i tried to read my own name.But i sugest to try flying and keeping the LD alive

I really want to try flying like Neo

While I want to try flying (probably going to grow large wings, seems more fun than just floating), a big goal of lucid dreaming for me is to talk to people, both for a novel i’m writing, and to get some IRL things out of the way.

The best things to do for a starter are to first look at you’re arms and legs. Seeing this, you will gain full control of the dream. Then I did violence in my first lucid dream, I just kicked butt. It was fun, and created a realistic experience. Many people fly. It is difficult. Very, and a begener might not even be able to do it. And if you do, you won’t fly for more then 3 seconds at a time. To make your dream last in real time (as in 6 hours instead of seemingly 20 minutes) try doing something that you could do in real life, like rubbing you’re arm. This will create a real time experience. Enjoy your first lucid dream, and for some more facts about it and methods to getting to them use this link :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Have sex.

I had my first good LD last night in a long while, and I spent it going neo on everyone I saw. It only lasted about 20 seconds, But I was able to kill 3 people. I think it was because I was occupying myself with doing stuff that made me able to stay in the dream longer than usual. Usually I only get 5 second LDs and dont accomplish anything. A 20 second LD to me is a great success.
I think the only reason why I woke up is because I stopped moving to look at this TV that was on. I think if I were to keep traveling through the dream world and beating up random people, I would have been able to stay in longer.

Well, on your first LD you should probably try to stay calm in the dream so that you can stay in this state. Usually, people are so surprised that they’re in a lucid dream they wake up.

I still haven’t gotten used to flying… I wanna do it the next time I get an LD.

Whatever you do, rub your hands together often, or spin around, (you won’t get dissy)

do this so you will stay lucid

I would reccomend trying to look at your hands it can be very suprising :content: and very interesting…

I did last night… my fingers were bent all the way back behind my hand, and i had clear, boiling blister like things on my hands that were popping… kinda gross and weird…

I’m going to walk through the mirror sorta thing to my friends house!

Flying Never Fails But the First Thing I Did Was Drink Beer And Stuff

On a FIRST lucid dream that’d be risky, you could wake up because of the adrenaline amount.