The FILD tech (was HILD) - part II

i tried this tech last night when i woke up at 6 a.m. i was moving my fingers for a minute ant tried rc but nothing happened… i thing i was TOO obsesed with a thought that i might hav a ld soon :wink:

so i got really awake and couldnt go to sleep for another hour!! that wasnt so good…

but than i finally fell asleep and had a great normal dream about playing music with a chalk on a blackboard!! :content:

so my question is how do i concentrate on my fingers but not to think about it SO MUCH!!!

:sad:

Don’t concentrate on your fingers. Don’t concentrate on anything. Just remind yourself to do a RC in a minute or so, and twitch them just enough so you can feel it clearly.

i am starting to think it is not as easy as it sounds… i am afraid that dild might be the only way for me because just the idea that i might become lucit is exciting enough to wake me up :neutral:
well i guess that is why you hawe to practise everything step by step…

hope ill stay cool next time
:cool:
thanks

No its easier! I just make things sound overly complicated. Its simple, you dont have to count or do anything special. Just twitch your fingers as you fall back asleep, and after awhile do a RC

i tried again last night (this is my FILD week ) :smile: and no luck again… do you think it is even possible to have my first LD with FILD ? the problem (AGAIN :angry: ) is that i think too much about it, i am looking foward possible ld so much it is sslowing me down… i know it is stupid but i am sure you all understand…

i dont know if fild is good as a first tech because i dont know what to expect…?

Ive been trying to WBTB but when I get up im just so tired I hit off the alarm and go back to sleep. Do you think that I could just wake up and start FILD right away, sinse Im not really that awake?

Well I tried FILD for the 1st time last night. I’ve had 2 LD’s before…a few months back, when I really was into the whole LD thing. Now after seeing FILD, I decided to get back into it because it looks easy. I set my cell phone alarm to go off at 6am (I went to bed at 3am). I ended up waking up at 5am and and just shutting off the alarm so it wouldn’t wake me up later. I started doing the finger thing and I started to feel the tingly sensations on my body, and I could feel myself being pulled into a dream. I think I got too excited then that I woke myself up a little bit. Either that or only 2 hours of sleep wasn’t enough. Trying again tonight though…I’ll let you know how it goes. Sounds promising! :grin:

Tried it again last night, but I fell asleep as soon as I shut my alarm off. :tongue: remembered like 6 dreams though, so thats neat.

This is a very interesting method of lucid dream induction. I must remember to try this tonight. Tell me, when using this technique, does one often feel the hypnagogic imagery coming to him or her as well as sleep paralysis, or is the transition more smooth and imperceptible?

I’ve never had this work for me yet, but it sounds like you don’t even know the transition takes place.

people who can do this do you just reach up and hold your nose? or do you do that thing with your throat?

do u alwazy wake up lucid in ur room if u use this method i dotn wanna keep beig nlcudi in my room u know/??

do u alwazy wake up lucid in ur room if u use this method i dotn wanna keep beig nlcudi in my room u know/??

i am trying FILD for a week now and with no luck yet…
but tonight i woke up arounk 5:30 and started moving my fingers an in a minute or so i did a rc and i couldnt breathe but something was totally weird!!! it was like: o my god i am not really pinching my nose right now so howcome it feels like i am, and how come it doesnt work… this is like a dream…

but i dont know if it was a dream with failed RC or was i so tired that it just felt weird… :confused:

any way it boosted my moral a bit so that is good :grin:

I’ve been getting the practice going of waking up and immediately when really tired starting to move my fingers and prepare to do an RC. But then I forget to do the RC.

More practice will remedy this, I think.

yes it will valek, i had that problem, now i do the RC and dont know where i am! :grin:

Amazing method. I’m currently trying it every night, and on the second night of attempting, I got a lucid dream after months of trying to WILD. And it was only my 3rd LD!

Yesterday i had the wierdest thing. I went to sleep and i was really tired, i mean Really tired, so i thougt i’m gonna try the FILD tec. But as soon as i closed my i eyes i fell asleep.
So, i began to dream that i was still trying to get to sleep and in the dream i was trying WILD. I was lying on bed and then i got Extreme vibrations all over my body. Then i began to see some pictures and suddenly i was in a dream-dream and i became lucid. So i did WILD in a dream and began dreaming in a dream…
That was so wierd, and when i woke up i was trying to figure out if i really was sleeping the whole time because it was so mixed up and i didn’t know if i was really trying WILD in the dream or did i wake up and then did it.
Well at least i got a lucid dream, it’s been a long time from the last one.

This method is so easy, but for me, not so very effective.

the first time i used this tech. it worked. alot of the time i remember to use it, but before i can put the thought into action im off to sleep again.

the first time it worked i drifted off and started hearing an eery kind of music and could see the trees across the road from my gf’s house. i woke up afew times without going very deep but each time went further into the dream. it all ended with a crazy water park dream with some insane rides.