I have a technique, how do I control when I LD?

Selfish human nature as always, it wouldnt shock me if it was just MILD or WILD.

But anyways, once you become lucid just close your eyes and fall back into normal sleep.

I have split the explanation of the technique off to a separate topic since it started a discussion about it. The topic can be found here Using writing to get lucid. :dragon:

After months of lucid dreaming i’d still have a billion and one things to do, anywho try staying up till your really tiered and how about writing " i will NOT have a lucid dream"

i always find i sleep like a dead man when i am really tiered.

also cut sugar and caffine out of your system for about 2 hour before to nod off.

LOL, shut up you lucky ****er, stop complaining.

Hey, Duck your display pic was trying to eat me in my first LD and thats why I woke up, lmao

I have an idea for you witch will help you control - when to be lucid and when not to be. All you have to do is to become lucid as usual, and then go through a door and make a normal dream behind that door. Or you can try to fall asleep in a LD…

Yesterday i was thinking of what to do in my lucid dream. I came across this idea. In my lucid dream i summoned a T.V. and a dvd player. I put a random dvd in there and it turns out it was playing a movie about my previous day. What i did that day? I went to play some basketball and it played that exact moment, it was pretty cool but i still long for a good nights sleep, it just gets frustrating to get lucid everytime i go to sleep, it is like im living two lives.

yea i have the same problem almost all of my dreams are lucid i know that im lucid i just dont want to control it. mmmm i guess i have alot of lucid dreams beacus i think about it too much and as long as i can remember whenever i was in a dream i knew. but i dont take advantage of the lucidness thoug caz i go to school and mostly i just want to sleep…maybe im a natural lucid dreamer…

there is no possible way I can ever get bored of lucid dreaming

Congrats for your 200th post, Eldwinn! :razz: :biggrin:

I suggest you meet with you’re subconcious in the dream an dsort it out with them.

One shouldn’t say one could never get bored of something. I mean, I can’t see how anyone can get bored of Lucid dreaming, but that is just it: I can’t see it from their perspective. If I could see it from their perspective, then could better tell if I could get bored. I think I would try to make the best of it anyway. You can after all do anything you want. If you really have run out of fun things to do, you can always start dabbling in like, dream yoga and stuff. Do dream projects that you put to use in daily life. Many people use dreams as inspiration for arts and litterature. In the case of lucid dreams you could really get the most out of it. For instance, if you would like to write a story, put in a DVD with a movie of the story you want to write. And weed out all the bad stuff. cause there is bound to be bad stuff. Also it probably would take practise to make it work just like you want it to. IF you have LDs every night you have the benefit of being able to plan out what things you want to do during the day.
Perfect your dream skills, perfect waking skills. There is so much more to do than to just try out everything. There is always something to explore.
Don’t fret, You will probably either find stuff to do or stop having lucid dreams.

For all of the LDers having too many LDs, there is a thread to help you :happy:

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

There should be a thread for LDers who feel they have not enough LDs. :wink:

My guess is he has one LD a night, but can’t remember his NDs

Sonic922 may be right. But the problem remains. Unwanted LDs. It’s none of my business but I’m still hoping that when people have this problem it’s just a fase. That they eventually stop seeing it as a problem and instead become excellent Lucid dreamers with many dream skills who use their dreams wisely.

Does it have to be exactly fifty times? And maybe if you realize your dreaming while you’re having a ND maybe you could just keep doing what you would do in the dream. You know go with the flow.

Yes, I would also be interested in that. What happens if you just let go and do nothing in your dream? Does the dream not take control again? Or are you just sitting there and nothing happens? I find it hard to believe that. My dreams always have some life of their own, it seems. :eh:

You could be right about the one LD a night.

It poses an interesting question though, if you don’t want to be lucid, can you forget you’re dreaming? I doubt this has been tried very much as most people want to be lucid, but it would be interesting to find out.

Kragon - You can do anything in dreams that you can do in life. Anything. And you can make it seem more real than life. You can eat food and make it taste so good you want to cry. With sufficient practice I’m sure that you could make yourself feel any sensation you want. If you do have constant LD’s, or LD’s every night, and if you are getting tired of them, try to think of the potential for the most amazing experiences you could ever (if you’ll excuse the pun) dream of having.

If you recognize the potential, I don’t see how you could be bored of LD’s, unless you’re bored with life itself.

i Do have nd’s but they were not vivid, i had them before i tried this technique.
yesterday i had a lucid dream i tried to take a pill that will disable my lucidity gradually, and i think it kinda worked.