checkup time ;)

:rofl:

Too bad I’m not devil anymore! Hehehe, I just passed nirivina and I love it. :wink:

Oh well… I’ll have 666 posts someday :cool_laugh:

my god that is the WORST ISP i have heard of in my life.

My i have the name so i can perminantly avoid it.

Seriously i have never heard of an ISP with such ludicrus things. Of course you can turn off all images in Internet Explorer, but i would seriously suggest finding a new ISP.

As for the option to turn off Avatars PHPbb is the only forum i have heard of that doesn’t have that option. Oh well.

Excuse me while i go looking gobsmacked at reality failure’s ISP. (get AOL - so it’s the most loved but a fixed price for no other limitations ain’t that bad?)

Oops.
I get charged for excess bandwidth usage over my fixed monthly amount. I didn’t mean to state I got charged for time online also, I have gone back and edited it so now it doesn’t look so shocking…or does it?

Switching off all graphics is a pretty poor option, considering that’s my online hobby.
:peek:
I miss cable.
Dial-up is so restrictive.

Let’s see those smaller avatars!!
Psst…if anyone want me to resize theirs, just send me a PM, I’d be glad to help.

Fey~

I updated my avatar! Here you go. I pass everything now. :wink:

In case you’re wondering… I made that avatar myself with graphic program. I’m graphic nuts. Lol! :biggrin:

Do you like it? Do you think it suits me or what do you recommend? Umm, perhaps I should post that in under other topic since this discussion is about checking. :tongue:

hmmm… I like the new one just fine, DM7… however, your old one was good size-wize. I could edit it to only show the first frame, and not the animation of it fading in and out, this would reduce the filesize a LOT, if you’d like to keep your old one :grin:

P.S. – Forgot to ask, is that you in the picture?

Yeah, I have that old avatar for so long, I wanted something different so that’s why I decided to change my avatar instead of freezing one frame in order to reduce my avatar size.

And no, it’s not me in the picture. :content:

That’s a good one! :grin:

:cool_laugh:

I like it!

It’s nice and bright…but I do miss your other creation…it’ll take some time to get used to the sleeping one now and associate it with you.

Fey~

checks her signature It’s three lines… ^^;; And my avatar is 2.78kb.

All avatars in my avatar gallery are 1.25kb to 4.11kb. When one person uses a 2kb avatar and 1500 people browse this forum, it costs me 2kb*1500=3000kb=3MB of bandwidth. But don’t worry, I have enough bandwidth… I hope… I don’t know what my ISP does when my webspace has too much traffic.

nice ava dm7, have to get used to it, like others also said :smile:
(funny how you relate to a persons avatar, if that changes it is like hey, do i know you? )

Good to see everybody’s shrinking… and yes, it is b/c of bandwidth issues, but also because of estetics. (how do you write that). And somewhere there has to be a borderline, and here on this forum it is set on 65x65 and 6kb.

and that doesn’t mean that if you have an ava that is 65 height you can have 100 width… 65 is maximum both ways…

thanks everybody for your understanding :ok:

how’s mine ? Small enough? :tongue: :bored:

:thumbs:

:look: tries to make out what it is

i think i see the american flag in there, merged with the english one and an eye in the middle?

Yep. I use it on another forum (slightly bigger though 80x80)
it goes with this sig

[i]Power corrupts and the weak will fall.
Your anger errupts, Dark Matter rules over all!
[/i]

and the banner as xsi.co.za/Insanegoth/darkmatter.jpg

You can probably guess my name there is “Dark Matter” lol.

Hey, the forums do look better now that everyone is using avatars about the same size… Everything is nice and symmetrical

:happy:

Well, All aussie ISP’s are like this. It kinda sucks. Badly.

Anyway, I can’t remember if my Ava is over the size limit. I’m pretty sure it’s under the byte limit though as the file IIRC is 4kb.

well, it’s 75x75 pixels, so over the limit…

:help:

Just so everyone knows how to check up on the size of their avatars.* To check on the sizes, put your mouse over your picture and right-click your mouse.

• A menu should pop up and there should be a selection (probably right at the bottom if using IE) named ‘properties’.
  • Click on the ‘properties’ section and a box should open up telling you all of your avatar details like…name/type/address/size/dimensions.
  • If your size is over 6kb (or 6000bytes) then it is over the forums allowable limit.

• If the dimensions are over 65 x 65 pixels, then it is over the forums allowable limit.

• Even if one of these sizes are over, you should make changes to your avatar so it is within the limits.

Fey~

Darn. Now I’ll have to shrink it and it’ll look ugly. :cry:

Could I get you to shrink it for me fey? You’d probably do a better job than me.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/2 … enesis.jpg

There ya go, kitten.
Just copy the addy into your profile where it says ‘link to offsite avatar’ and click [ submit ]!

Psstt…double check your sig is written out correctly, there seems to be a bug in the system which adds extra characters to any phpBB code if you have any in there.

:wink: