Lucid Bar

There is an old topic began by Hubbs here [Lucid Bar) “The Lucid Bar” :beer: (it included other drinks too, so I haven’t merged the two topics together.)

edit (couple of hours later)
since someone has now bumped the other topic … I have merged them together

… and clown :wave: … the beer :beer: varieties don’t change that much over three years :tongue: [/b]

an old topic from 2003? get with the times moogle :razz:

thomas, we have pils in australia. infact just today i was walking down the street and randomly saw a pils bottlecap, i havnt seen pils beer in a long time. wierd coincidence. made me want to buy a couple of brews after my interview was finnished.

fadem iv never heard of that beer, but iv tasted some good euro beer before. your only 16? maybe liking beer/alcohol will come with age.

is the type of beer I drink the most, usually in the 2,2% version.

Well being 16 (as I am ) do have some problems to come with them when alcohol is around.

For example.

1.Getting it’
2.Parents.
3.Parents.

I mean , I know some people over 18 and sure could have gotten some beer , but my family would have been killing me if I came home drunk.

Though I have tasted beer some times and it actually Does taste good :smile:

[size=75]Were in denmark with my soccer team , 1/2 of the team had taken retty much , and I took 2 pints of beer :smile:

Mom and dad accepted it due to the neighbors boy being in the hospitall…[/size]

As I am underage I think Coke is fine … :wink:

But since were in the LUCID bar where nothing goes wrong and in a dream of no parents …

Beer for me (not dark beer though :tongue:)

Do any other countries have live beers? That is, beers where the yeast hasn’t been killed off, and creates some carbon dioxide which makes the beer quite lively without the need for carbonation. Because they’re not carbonated they aren’t filled with bubbles, but they’re still lively (If you swill them around then a few small bubbles escape).

Since they’re not pressurised then you need a hand pump to fill a glass.

It makes them incredibly nicer, there are hundreds of breweries which make it here in Britian, and you get lots of very different flavours.

I’ve been to Britany in France where they have a Breton beer called Coref which is also live, and I think they have lots in Belgium. Does anywhere else.

P.S. If there’s some in your country and you haven’t tried it, try it. You won’t go back to carbonated beer.

petter i cant help but laugh because at 16 my parents were buying me alcohol to go to parties with lol

never tried beer like that before dreamer, sounds interesting though.

^^Yeah…I’m underage, too, but on New Years Eve it was my parents’ idea to have me drink wine with them…:biggrin:

My mom gave me beer when I was four…BLEH! >.<

Then she let me drink various wine coolers when I was thirteen…YUM! ^^

Here in Shinkuju you can get alcohol without a problem–whatever age (I’m exaggerating a bit)…I’m not a drinker, though–maybe a wine cooler on a special celebration…very rare–like twice a year maybe…:shrug:

I’m a little nuts when it comes to beer :tongue:
I don’t drink to get drunk at all, rather, I enjoy sampling beer for the flavour.
I like pretty much any Honey Lager…lagers made from regular malts don’t really appeal to me, they just don’t taste all that nice to me. A nice (and affoardable) honey lager is made by a brewery called Lakeport.
I also like Ale. I like a lot of Canadian brands, like Sleeman’s or Alexander Keith’s. I’m also a big fan of draught beer, it just tastes much better from the tap, rather than from a can or bottle.

I’m not big on hard alcohol, a nice filling meal with a cold beer is all I need :yes:

My parents have always been pretty laid back about alcohol, I mean nobody cares if I want a drink or two or three (either them or my sister will buy it for me if we’re out). I guess thats why I never abused it, it’s just an average thing to me. When I do drink though I am very fond of dark beers like guiness: extra stout, bitburger (misspelled, germain beer) and sometimes coors (though Bud select is growing on me). On the hard drink front my fav. is scotch, gin & tonic, or vodka martini.

/me moves to Shinkuju
:beer:

Drinking isn’t as fun anymore, now that I’m old enough… :razz:

drinking is heaps of fun when your with people like at a party or a pub.

its when you drink by yourself, thats not fun…

im a borderline alcoholic :sad:

im jeleous of you people out there who say you can enjoy a beer and you dont drink to get drunk.

my dad was an alco and now im pretty much one as well :sad:

This is like my Bud, but it has a good taste. For my chest, i get heart burn so easily. So I drink Yuengling, its a Lager. Strong mild taste that goes down smooth. I have been drinking alot of exotic beers lately. I have been going to a Micro-brew also. I’ll update :tongue:

I’ve just tried a beer imported from Brasil called ‘Brahma’. It’s really good and tastes kind of (for lack of a better term) ‘fruity.’ It would probably go well with a nice salad, or some kind of spicy food :tongue:
Has anyone else tried it?

Don’t feel bad. I had to stop drinking, cause I only drank to get drunk. I feel much better though. It’s a shame; I do like a beer now and then, but that’s enough to put it in my mind… Both of my parent’s are alcoholics, so I should have expected it. At least I’m good at the moment. I like to play guitar at parties, so it gives me something to do other than drink.

Have things changed?

So just Summer Ale’s now, can’t wait till Octoberfest. Anyone have any good suggestions on a brand? Especially anyone from Europe or Germany to be exact. I’m up for all opinons, can’t get my hands off Beck’s Octoberfest though:) Very hard to find in my area though, i have to search through every store.

I only got drunk once. 3 years ago when I had 5 glasses of wine. It was just so good… I’ll try not to become an alcoholic when I get older though. :wink:

I also like chocolate with liquor in it or brandy beans… That’s always good.

Well its way pass Fall and I did find Becks Octoberfest. I stocked up many times and it wasnt hard to find(thank god). Now its pass the season I have been going to this German pub, and they have a great selection. I’ve been drink Spaten dark mainly, and its great! Thought I liked to share that just in case anyone else had anything to tell themselves.

:beer: