checkup time ;)

nice ava dm7, have to get used to it, like others also said :smile:
(funny how you relate to a persons avatar, if that changes it is like hey, do i know you? )

Good to see everybody’s shrinking… and yes, it is b/c of bandwidth issues, but also because of estetics. (how do you write that). And somewhere there has to be a borderline, and here on this forum it is set on 65x65 and 6kb.

and that doesn’t mean that if you have an ava that is 65 height you can have 100 width… 65 is maximum both ways…

thanks everybody for your understanding :ok:

how’s mine ? Small enough? :tongue: :bored:

:thumbs:

:look: tries to make out what it is

i think i see the american flag in there, merged with the english one and an eye in the middle?

Yep. I use it on another forum (slightly bigger though 80x80)
it goes with this sig

[i]Power corrupts and the weak will fall.
Your anger errupts, Dark Matter rules over all!
[/i]

and the banner as xsi.co.za/Insanegoth/darkmatter.jpg

You can probably guess my name there is “Dark Matter” lol.

Hey, the forums do look better now that everyone is using avatars about the same size… Everything is nice and symmetrical

:happy:

Well, All aussie ISP’s are like this. It kinda sucks. Badly.

Anyway, I can’t remember if my Ava is over the size limit. I’m pretty sure it’s under the byte limit though as the file IIRC is 4kb.

well, it’s 75x75 pixels, so over the limit…

:help:

Just so everyone knows how to check up on the size of their avatars.* To check on the sizes, put your mouse over your picture and right-click your mouse.

• A menu should pop up and there should be a selection (probably right at the bottom if using IE) named ‘properties’.
  • Click on the ‘properties’ section and a box should open up telling you all of your avatar details like…name/type/address/size/dimensions.
  • If your size is over 6kb (or 6000bytes) then it is over the forums allowable limit.

• If the dimensions are over 65 x 65 pixels, then it is over the forums allowable limit.

• Even if one of these sizes are over, you should make changes to your avatar so it is within the limits.

Fey~

Darn. Now I’ll have to shrink it and it’ll look ugly. :cry:

Could I get you to shrink it for me fey? You’d probably do a better job than me.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/2 … enesis.jpg

There ya go, kitten.
Just copy the addy into your profile where it says ‘link to offsite avatar’ and click [ submit ]!

Psstt…double check your sig is written out correctly, there seems to be a bug in the system which adds extra characters to any phpBB code if you have any in there.

:wink:

I just use the provided ones… I tried to get an offsite one, but it didn’t work (I’m computer challenged :eh: )

I do not see the reason of the resolution limit either, since the resolution has nothing with the filesize, you can still keep it at 6k. But i do agree with the filesize limit… if filesize is too big, it will take ages to load the sites on a dialup.

but for example a 75x75 avatar will load exactly as fast on dialup, as long as it is under the filesize limit. But rules are rules i guess :tongue:

The physical size limit is in force to try to prevent people from using exceptionally large avatars. Some people may experience ‘scrolling’ of the pages (which is a real PITA when you’re trying to read posts) if the avatar size goes over this limit. There have been people with avatars taking up half a page before…this is why there had to be a cut-off limit. Also, this is a precursor to the day when the forum will automatically disallow your avatar if it is over this size limit. As far as I know, it will be implemented soon. 65x65 pixels is reasonably generous…don’t you think?

Fey~

I think it’s the perfect size. I had to guess the meaning of PITA, but I finally got it. Usually we don’t abbreviate it around here :neutral:
but I do really hate it when the text runs away from me.

I updated my avatar again…

Better? Or? I still am not satisfied with it. Mmm…

oua DM7, what a change! i like it better than the sleeping one :content:

Hehehe me too. :wink:

It seems to represent me a lot better. :biggrin: But… still there is something missing. mmm… :hmmm:

Thanks a bundle! I owe you one!

It still looks nice and silky smooth as well!

Well, glad that’s in order.

*gets out the super glue and duct tape to make sure DM7 doesn’t change avvies again

I really like this one…please don’t change.

Something missing??
Hmm…if there is, it will come to you sooner or later. I know what you mean though, sometimes it just needs a bit of ‘tweaking’ to personalise it a bit. You’ll get the inspiration soon enough.

:peek:

wow! I have a custum avator! Thank you ReaLiTY FaiLuRe! :happy: