Movie thread Part III

im gonna see it again ASAP

Some Great ones…Waking Life (I think anyone on this site can appreciate it)

Recently I saw Donnie Darko …and then continued to watch about 10 times including the Directors Cut twice and the Commentary, and it is truly an amazing piece of work.

Just last night I watched A Scanner Darkly, mainly because it was by Richard Linklater and I had heard it was good, I wasn’t dissapointed another truly artful and creative of work, although not as good as the two I listed above.

I saw that recently. I thought it was pretty good, but maybe not quite as good as the critics were declaring. It felt a bit hollow in places, not quite fleshed-out enough, and overall too short. But still, it was a very interesting piece of work.

Has anyone here seen Pan’s Labyrinth yet? It’s sort of a dark fantasy from Spain, very good, you guys should check it out.

Was A Scanner Darkly really good? It didn’t seem to get much public popularity, but neither did Waking Life or Donnie Darko I suppose. Is it done by the same people as Waking Life (since the animation is similar and all)? It’s got Keanu Reaves right? Not a very good sign…Oh well, I’ll have to check it out, it did look interesting.

A scanner Darkly was good. A bit talky, but good dialog. The rotoscoping was very cool, but the movie was more than a vehicle for it. In the end you feel very touched when everything comes together.

What did you think of the Divci code? It kind of blew my mind. It seems like a good possiblty it could be true. I never noticed the “Last supper” before, but now it looks very obvious.

I want to check it out, looks good the visuals looking stunning. I have to make plans soon, the problem is a decent show time :tongue:

Personally I liked A Scanner Darkly, not just because of how it was made, although that was a plus. But I’m a fan of Philip K. Dick, and i believe this movie came from a book that he wrote. I never read anything from Philip, but I’m a fan of most tales that turn into movies. Most are future paranoia mind f*cks, that actually make you think. When the movie first released it wasn’t in main theaters or anything. I saw it where they play independent films, I don’t know if this is consider an independent movie. But it wasn’t advertise as much as it is for dvd.

I know another Die Hard is coming out, and Zodiac looks like a good movie. Just wanted to add that in for thoughts :tongue:

The truman show rocks!

So does my name is earl!

Grindhouse was great

Though “Death Proof” wasn’t Tarentino’s best

I actually liked planet terror better

and Nicholas Cage as Fu Manchu!

I finally watched The Science of Sleep. A bit weird but pretty entertaining. Before I saw it I thought it was a French film, but they speak both English and French in the movie (mostly English). I really liked the way the protagonist’s dreams and waking life were intertwined and think it’s a movie most of the dreamers here could enjoy for that same reason. It’s also a weird love story and rated R, FYI.

Has anyone else seen it?

V for Vendetta, anyone? I loved how a Hollywood Blockbuster could actually have a good plot and a meaningful message about power and mass propagandizing. V’s pirate speech at the end was breathtaking. :woot:

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason, and plot,
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

another one i didn’t care for

Eternal Sunshine was so awesome, i expected more out of the Science of Sleep.

Ok, so i saw this film called Sublime.

Easily one of my favorites

Dreaming is a major theme in that movie, very trippy psychological movie

however, technically it IS a horror film, and i would not recommend it to the squeamish

I love Back to the Future. It always makes everyone happy to see it again. :happy: They run marathons every so often :happy: :happy: :happy:

V for Vendetta.

Brilliant. Just… brilliant.

I saw Andrei Tarkovsky’s “Stalker” it was rather good, but some of the scenes was pointlessly long.

:yes: Best Hollywood movie in ages.

[color=red]Spoilers! [/color]I’m a little disappointed that they removed the scene were that woman, I don’t remember the name of, kills the leader (or whatever he was).
It was my favorite scene from the comic, but it would probably not fit with the leader’s personality in the movie.[color=red]Spoilers End![/color]

Bonus Fact: I have the IKEA dragon ting that is on the door to the main character’s (can’t remember her name ether) room in one of the flashbacks. :content:

I’ve seen a lot of movies that I haven’t written about here. I watched The Breed. The worst movie I’ve ever seen it was so predictable and corny and the plot was so far-fetched and pointless.

‘Next’ … a great movie, great plot, action and effects. Horrible ending

Norbit - doesn’t have an amazing plot, but it’s hilarious. Great acting from Eddie Murphy.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I’m REALLY looking forward to Saw 4, which should come out on October. Interested in watching ‘The Number 23’ starring Jim Carey, thanks to Fiver’s old thread about the 23 Enigma. And hopefully, I’ll watch V for Vendetta soon.

I just saw Transformers. The story was a tad lacking, but the special effects more than make up for it. They were incredible.

I just forgot the size ratio between Optimus Prime:Megatron tho.

haha yeess!

Transformers was really a cool movie. One of my favorites this summer.

Now i’m waiting for the classic, but horribly stereotypical, family of the Simpsons. I’ve been a fan for years, and come on… spider pig! :razz:

RENT is my new favorite movie…
i love musicals. phantom of the opera, moulin rouge, chicago, west side story(i feel pretty :wiske: )
i love pride & prejudice(keira knightley and matthew mcfadyen)
i sort of like the harry potter movies. i just saw the 5th one in IMAX 3D. the 3D part was the part in the ministry. it was cool :tongue:
V FOR VENDETTA IS AWESOME!!! i love it soooo much!

I’m watching a movie from the late 80’s now called “Paperhouse” about a girl who draws a house, then she sees the house in her dreams, then she draws a boy in the house, then when she dreams again there is the boy in the house and so on; everything she adds to the drawing appears in her dreams.

I’m still watching it but it’s good so far so I wanted to jump on here and recommend it to my fellow dreamers. I think I read in a review of the movie that her dreams end up becoming reality…pretty cool idea! (Right now it’s on Comcast On Demand Fear Net if anyone has that cable channel and wants to see it. I think it’s playing for a couple more weeks.)