I have a technique, how do I control when I LD?

yea i have the same problem almost all of my dreams are lucid i know that im lucid i just dont want to control it. mmmm i guess i have alot of lucid dreams beacus i think about it too much and as long as i can remember whenever i was in a dream i knew. but i dont take advantage of the lucidness thoug caz i go to school and mostly i just want to sleep…maybe im a natural lucid dreamer…

there is no possible way I can ever get bored of lucid dreaming

Congrats for your 200th post, Eldwinn! :razz: :biggrin:

I suggest you meet with you’re subconcious in the dream an dsort it out with them.

One shouldn’t say one could never get bored of something. I mean, I can’t see how anyone can get bored of Lucid dreaming, but that is just it: I can’t see it from their perspective. If I could see it from their perspective, then could better tell if I could get bored. I think I would try to make the best of it anyway. You can after all do anything you want. If you really have run out of fun things to do, you can always start dabbling in like, dream yoga and stuff. Do dream projects that you put to use in daily life. Many people use dreams as inspiration for arts and litterature. In the case of lucid dreams you could really get the most out of it. For instance, if you would like to write a story, put in a DVD with a movie of the story you want to write. And weed out all the bad stuff. cause there is bound to be bad stuff. Also it probably would take practise to make it work just like you want it to. IF you have LDs every night you have the benefit of being able to plan out what things you want to do during the day.
Perfect your dream skills, perfect waking skills. There is so much more to do than to just try out everything. There is always something to explore.
Don’t fret, You will probably either find stuff to do or stop having lucid dreams.

For all of the LDers having too many LDs, there is a thread to help you :happy:

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

There should be a thread for LDers who feel they have not enough LDs. :wink:

My guess is he has one LD a night, but can’t remember his NDs

Sonic922 may be right. But the problem remains. Unwanted LDs. It’s none of my business but I’m still hoping that when people have this problem it’s just a fase. That they eventually stop seeing it as a problem and instead become excellent Lucid dreamers with many dream skills who use their dreams wisely.

Does it have to be exactly fifty times? And maybe if you realize your dreaming while you’re having a ND maybe you could just keep doing what you would do in the dream. You know go with the flow.

Yes, I would also be interested in that. What happens if you just let go and do nothing in your dream? Does the dream not take control again? Or are you just sitting there and nothing happens? I find it hard to believe that. My dreams always have some life of their own, it seems. :eh:

You could be right about the one LD a night.

It poses an interesting question though, if you don’t want to be lucid, can you forget you’re dreaming? I doubt this has been tried very much as most people want to be lucid, but it would be interesting to find out.

Kragon - You can do anything in dreams that you can do in life. Anything. And you can make it seem more real than life. You can eat food and make it taste so good you want to cry. With sufficient practice I’m sure that you could make yourself feel any sensation you want. If you do have constant LD’s, or LD’s every night, and if you are getting tired of them, try to think of the potential for the most amazing experiences you could ever (if you’ll excuse the pun) dream of having.

If you recognize the potential, I don’t see how you could be bored of LD’s, unless you’re bored with life itself.

i Do have nd’s but they were not vivid, i had them before i tried this technique.
yesterday i had a lucid dream i tried to take a pill that will disable my lucidity gradually, and i think it kinda worked.

if u become lucid u should just go with the flow cause today i was lucid and i was lucid bu then i got carried away with what i was doing and lost lucidnnes

I think so too… :content:

tech sounds slightly interesting, mostly because i can do it within the space of 5 minutes in front of my computer (which i already have :smile:).

as for the not wanting LDs, i have heard of a guy who had that problem for a while. he got really good at LDs, then got bored with them, because the randomness wasnt there anymore. once you get good at LDing, your dreams do what you tell them, period. when you want a new pair of shoes, they magically materialize on your feet. when you want a beer, it shows up in your hand. you want to fly, you fly. there’s nothing left that’s spontaneous, no real challenge left. i can understand how this isnt wanted. some even go so far as to say that this is how hell actually is. a place where you get exactly what you want, all the time.

now, if i were in such a position, i would resolve to make LDing an active attribute, not a passive one. so i have to activate it by choice, it doesnt just come on by itself. that way, you could have NDs when you feel like it, and LDs when you want to do something really cool that physics won’t allow for (stupid physics :grrr: ). that, and i’d make it so that my LDs got random by choice, meaning that i throw some pure chaos into the dream. actually, i’m surprised at how good an idea that was. you should try that. summon some chaos, and throw it at someone. maybe they will melt into a pile of goofy technicolor goo and reshape into something wacky that takes control of your dreams again?

as a sort of plan b, i would suggest doing something i’ve heard of in the LDing community somewhere, probably here, that i always thought of as cool. create your own universe, inside your head. every time you get an LD, just snap your fingers and turn yourself into a god, then zap yourself into a universe you created yourself. start messing around in there, try to make something cool. i heard of one guy a long time ago, that supposedly did this. he could fall asleep pretty much on command, and go straight into an LD, then he would go to the temple that the DCs built to honor him as the “one true god”, and play around with whatever/whoever he saw fit. whenever you get bored, you just go mess with another black hole or turn a star into a supernova or something. maybe send a fleet of “evhul aliumz” to some random planet inhabited by living entities with only one purpose in life: to create the biggest, baddest fart-powered gun in existence. the ensuing battle should be enough to keep you in a conjured recliner with a bottomless popcorn bucket for at least a half an hour. or just purposefully do stuff that you would never have the guts to do IRL, like whacking a cop with his own baton, or running around a major city naked, or something otherwise unacceptable. just make sure it’s a dream you’re in, not waking life…

That’s not only a great way to not get bored with LDing, but also reason enough for anyone to get into it. Fart-powered flamethrower? I’m in. :grin:

You have LD’s every night KragonV? Me too, I just use MILD

Well you clould try to, when you have a lucid dream, just not do anything and I think that it should get your dream to lose control of it and have a normal ssleep. Hope this helps you! :smile: