DEILD - Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream

All of this is taken from the dreamviews forum, but maybe someone on this site doesn’t go there! I’ve used this method a couple of times, but I get scared because I’m not prepared for the SP coming on so fast. Enjoy :cool_laugh:

By: Klace
FAQ
1: What is DEILD(Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream)?
DEILD, is a method created by me, Klace as a sort of “substitute” for the WILD process, this technique is nearly exactly like WILD exept it only take a few moments to perform, does not interrupt your sleep, and as long as you do it right, will have a 100% success rate.

2: How did such a method come to be?
This method started a month or two ago, and developed up until now, when I felt it was good enough to give out to the public, I woke up in a SP state and used it to chain a lucid dream, I tried to teach myself to do this after every dream, and I made a set of instructions so that you can do so as well, and have many lucids a night depending on your dream recall or if you remember waking up in the middle of the night.

1. Seems simple, how did it take months to make?
    Yes, it does seem very simple. But alot of time and effort was put into making a set of instructions that can be performed by anyone with some practice, as long as you keep practicing you will find that this technique works amazingly well, some may not even need practice!

Instructions:
Sorry to make you read through the FAQ to get to the instructions, but the FAQ covers everything you would need to know before you
can do this technique. read it, and you can become a DEILD’er!

STEP ONE:
Have many Dreams, You wake up from them all, which is where this technique is performed!
The first step is, you want to make sure you remember that you wake up from all your dreams that you have, and teach yourself to remember this, no it’s not hard at all, and does not require much practice, odds are, everyone here already remembers when they wake up from dreams because they write in their dream journal.

STEP TWO:
Teach yourself to NOT move at all, and keep your eyes closed when you awake from a dream.
When you awake from a dream, you much teach yourself to keep your eyes closed and to not move at all, I don’t have any scientific explanation to back me up here, but I think this naturally causes your body’s REM period to continue because it thinks you are still asleep. Now you will enter Sleep paralysis momentarily, and it can be a scary experience, but tell yourself, It’s not real, your body is doing this naturally and it is not dangerous, no harm can be done.

STEP THREE:
Stay still in sleep paralysis, and a few moments later, Lucid away!
Momentarily, after sleep paralysis starts, you will be in a lucid state, and can do what you want, this is basically like WILD, it offers the best possible lucid dream and is very stable, and controllable depending on your person. Now do whatever you wish for this lucid dream, when you feel the dream fading away, proceed onto Step four for chaining lucid’s, have as many a night as you are able to!

STEP FOUR:
When you feel the dream slipping away, now is the chance to make your body stay still no matter what, you know you are waking up, and you can stay still after you wake up, back to back lucid’s!
When you wake up from a lucid, you know you are waking up because mostly, it just fades away, while it fades away, just stay completely still when it’s fading away, and then when you wake up, do this and you will chain many lucid’s together a night, no problem.
This could be named the new Holy grail of lucid dreaming, with practice, you can have as many lucid’s a night as you want, and as many as your body will let you!

1 Like

Did you read that topic ? I’m not sure dunlar invented or just reposted and named it (“Chaining”), but he was faster. FAQ tutorial is nice trough. Sorry !

How can you teach yourself to wake up from a dream in the middle of the night? I couldn’t do it in the morning when I usually wake up from a REM phase

I know theres already a technique to simply not move and to go back into the dream, but nobodies ever gone as far as to propose the act of preparing to wake up just to repeat the process.

You have gone the extra mile :grin:

I learned this intuitively some time ago and on yesterday morning i really got it to work best so far. Around 20-40 LDs in a row and in total lasted around 1h-3h, hard to estimate since i lost count of my LDs and had few false awakenings there too in between and could recall all either. LDs were from 1 minute to 10 minutes and i got to play around even with stuff that id usually be careful with (sex) as i didnt fear anymore to lose lucidity as i could then just return back instantly.

I actually posted about it on Finnish LDing forums too and made fun about making some kind of *ILD about it too but thought it was too simple for that, as all i do is lose lucidity, when it fades to black i just stay still and dont open my eyes, and then wish myself back to dream and voila, there i am.

What was intresting was then when i woke up from it, it was intensive rush when all those dreams came back to me vividly for few moments and from there i tried to recall as much as i could before i started to lose those memories. Also my dreambody was still very active from all the flying and moving around and i could feel it while feeling my physical body at the same time. So feeling my dreambody still so active i used it to heal my back ache which worked like magic. Reality also seemed very dreamy and that is something that carried to the day from there and probably what also helped with that healing.

Anyways i hope i get to work it as well in future too, then it would indeed be the “Holy Grail of lucidity”.

So people, next time you get LD and it starts to fade, just stay still and return back to it. :smile:

Edit:
Read the Dunlar’s chaining post and noticed i had even posted there back in 2002 without remembering anything like that :smile:
Anyways i guess it differs from it that how it has worked for me has only been related to already having LD and then it starting to fade away. Gotta start trying to extend it to waking from NDs aswell then as the Chaining topic suggests.

Hmm…I think I could do this.

The one thing I do have to ask though is this: what would happen if you stayed still, but opened your eyes? because i honestly can’t see myself being able to wake up and keep my eyes closed.

Do you think this technique would still be successful if I remained in my position with a little “peak”, then closed my eyes once again and went back to sleep or whatever?

ok… this made me LOL.

Wow, sounds like an excellent technique. I will try in ze future!

Yeah, of course you’ll have a 100% success rate if you do it right. That’s like saying a coin will have a 100% chance of landing on heads as long as it lands on heads.

Bahahahahahahahahhahaa ^Good one!

for me i don’t go into sleep paralysis, i go right back into the dream i was in

either by talking to the dcs around me, or otherwise just using my mind to pretend i’m still there

is falling asleep really transitory from SP? i have had SP many times before I even found out about inducing LDs, and usually I cant make the transition to sleep right away from SP. This morning I had SP (I think?) but there was no sense of impending doom or any kind of presence. when i felt the vibrations coming from the pit of my chest, i knew the paralysis would infect my body entirely within seconds, and i wanted to try inducing LD from it. so, i kept my eyes closed and didnt fight it.

at first a side of my leg/stomach had this kind of ticklish/painful feeling (same as when trying to make a tight fist when first waking up). momentarily i felt as if my body floated up. still i kept my eyes closed. then the floating became more rapid and aggressive; i was swaying back and forth, on top of my couch which i was lying in. i inched my eyes open and i saw my tv and living room from a higher perspective and me going forward and away from it. i closed my eyes again but for a while even with my eyes closed, i still had my eyesight. about 20 seconds later everything faded back to black, and the swaying got slower and slower as well as the sound of the wind along with it… ‘shoooop shooop shooop’ to ‘whoooooooshhhh… whoooooooooshh…’

when i felt like i was back on the couch, with my eyes still closed, i slowly regained control of my whole body though i decided to stay still just in case i go to an LD right away. but i couldnt sleep anymore, and my body felt quite numb in some areas.

wait… was this SP or an OOBE?
ANYWAYS my original question was, how exactly do you induce the LD from SP? maybe its just me but i am not quite sure how to remain sleeping after SP. thx!

to induce LD from SP imagine that there is a person sititng on top of you [that you like] and imagine it until you feel it, then interact with them until you are in a dream version of wherever it is you are lying [or think you are lying] in bed.

it is pretty easy to imagine feelings and then let the feelings gradually create the rest of the construct, rather than to start by visualization or auditory things and let them create a dream world, at least for me. then all you have to do is feel while your mind works on making the rest on its own.

if sense are groggy focusing on the forehead, throat, or heart chakras can help clarify, but must be done delicately and mindfully so as to maintain a presence IN the dream WHILE focusing on the dream body… I have found the heart and throat to be better stabilizers with the third eye being a bit iffy and having a tendency to wake me up, but should it be focused upon in the right way seems to clarify vision and vividness of the dream in the best ways, whereas throat or heart tend to create a feeling of “sedation” in the dream, as if you are going to sleep in the dream, but will wake back up into the dream (as opposed to the third eye being as if you are “waking up” but the waking up can be into reality)

this is all just me… just do whatever you feel is intuitive, it is learning to walk.

What about insomnia?

This works!! I did it last night and had a LD!

Thanks for the tip, it worked the first time I tried it. And I felt the ability to “link” the LD’s. But 20-40 in a row is amazing, i’m going to give it a try.

when I wake up the middle of the night though I don’t remember any dreams most of the time. Well maybe that’s because I don’t wake up after the dreams, before or something…

My understanding was that most lucid dreamers experience their lucidity several hours of sleep. I on the other hand wake up within 1 to 1 in a half hours after I’v fallen asleep. Further more i continue to wake up 3 to 4 times experiencing the same events. Is this normal?

Sharon

Question:

How do you wake up after having a dream? How do you set an internal alarm clock?

I typically wake up only three hours into my sleep, or over 8 hours in, and can’t remember any of my dreams. Alarm clocks involve having to get up, so the method would be rendered impossible…

(I wish my alarm only did three loud beeps.)

For my, I just tell myself, randomly during the day and repeat it to myself right before I got to bed, “After every dream I will wake up”. Ta da! It’s easy, try it. I don’t always wake up after every dream but I usually wake up two times minimum.