Temporary forum opened - forum now unlocked

nope, postcount will be the same as you had before this forum opened.

This is better than nothing, I guess. I missed my peoples :razz:

Hey pasQuale I pm’ed you about getting a warning so I could copy the posts I need before the forum is restored but I never got a response yet. So, if it’s possible could you please give me fair warning so the members and I don’t lose our setup of the Flash Film topic, thanks.

everybody will be warned in advance when we’ll move :yes:

:cool_laugh: Sorry about that, that’s actually the first time I’ve seen you post, I didn’t intend to copy or anything. It’s just that it’s such an interesting concept… :smile:

LOL, I was lucky no one had used this image here before, it’s so awesome. And I don’t think our post counts will move to the new forum, but that’s not really an issue, methinks.

Yep, I can’t access the french forum.
Are we gonna have to redone everything :confused:

And you’re not the one who have problems[edit : lol I wrote it in french sooner :grin: ] with a server. I’m on a french mailing list which has problems too.

Damned !:`(

i haven’t moved the french forum to the temp server :wink: French forum is still intact, don’t worry :content:

hey pasQuale maybe you should change your message from “around march 9th” to something else hehe… it’s already past that point.

update

well the update is that there is no update…

Should have been back online today but no sign of it. I hope that I will have more information tomorrow, as the date they told me has now passed.

:tongue:

I hope everything will be back to normal again soon. :smile: (Although it’s a pity the Cloud is going to evaporate again. :peek:)

It’s the weekend, they will be taking the week off :tongue:

I think it’s already back and you’re just not telling anyone. :tongue:

She wants us to finish with the cloud before it rains down again.

No, I do!

update

I just have been informed that it can take over 60 days before the datacenter will be back :thud:

Also, it is very likely that the backups will not be available, although my host is trying to have them copy files off the servers.

This means that I’m moving.

I’m negotiating with 3 hosts to see who can give me the best offer. No more resellers this time, i’m going straight to the source.

I’m very sorry about the lost data, I still have hope that the backups will eventually be recovered (and when that happens I can dig through them to recover posts or see if there is any way to merge it into the current forum).

Most likely this temp forum will become the new forum, with the lifeboat posts moved to the appropriate subforums.

I can’t give a timeframe on the move, only that I will do it as soon as possible. I hope to have everything moved before april.

Does that mean I do not have to save the posts in the make an LD4all flash film?

I have no clue what was in any contract you signed with the datacenter you have been on so far, but i’m pretty sure that in the event something unforseeable happens, like sudden long term disconnects, then the datacenter is obligated to compensate it’s customers, Q included. leaving a site offline for almost 3 months would warrant requiring them to refund you at the least for any time you had left with them, as well as give you full access to any and all data you had with them, in a condition as identical as possible to that which it was in, the moment the datacenter went offline. anything else could be considered a large scale loss for a customer, regardless of backup routines. i would start pestering them about sending you all data you had with them to you ASAP. how they send it isn’t really relevant, as long as you get it. even smoke signals would work, but it would probably take long enough to burn down half the amazon. probably cheaper to send a snail mail package of DvDs.

remember that them losing internet access, for however long, doesn’t mean that their computer systems are destroyed. the data is still on their drives, it just needs to get to you. if need be, offer to pay the shipping for some disks or something. just don’t let them throw away your pride and joy. that’s just inhuman :sad:

No one’s burning down any Amazon, thank you very much. :razz:

Aw man, this sucks. Not much because of my diary, it was really short at the time, but the whole situation in general.

Well Q you did that you were thinking of doing a new archive soon.

Maybe IF the old forum ever does come back you could make an archive out of it including the missing 2 weeks of posts. That way, the two weeks won’t be lost, but you won’t have to copy/paste on request either.

thank you kimius :smile:

well, my host (he’s dealing with the datacenter, i rented the server through him) is keeping on asking them about the backups. I myself don’t have any contact with the datacenter.

Felipe: I do hope the data will be saved but at this point there is no saying when and if that will happen.

As for refunds, i already have a complete refund, and I’m on a free server right now, provided by my host. But i don’t know how long I can stay here for free.

mohegan: yes, i could maybe do an archive thing with it. i’m also looking if there is any way to merge two phpbb databases together somehow.

In that two week deficit members will have joined that now share the same user number as current members. It could end up causing more problems that it would solve.