Impatient Me

[color=blue]I heard about lucid dreaming last year after a guy on my cross country team mentioned it while we were running a long practice I didn’t believe him at first so I looked it up well I found somthing -_-

I tried it the next night in school things come natrually well right now anyway I was hoping the same for this. Well I was dead wrong and I’m much to impatient to keep doing somthing which gives little results the only thing I gained was remebering more dreams and I don’t like my dreams to much there kinda random (30 day school trip to mars in a cardboard box anyone?)
I’ve tried it off and on after my first failure but I never keep at it for long any tips anyone. [/color]

Practise makes perfect. Eventualy if you keep trying then you’ll do it.

Keep, practicing, it’s well worth it.

heh. My dreams are random, too. I like em, but sometimes they cross a line (turned into a girl anyone? :tongue:)

I wish…

I was buffy the vampire slayer in a dream once, hunting aliens from the movie alien lol :smile:

It can be hard to maintain patience when you aren’t getting immidiate results.
But that fact that you remember more dreams positive.
It’s the first step to becoming lucid.
If you can’t remember your dreams, how could you tell you had an LD? :smile:
Try to find motivation and keep on practicing.

lolz :content: i have random dreams aswell i think, one i recall from about a year, first i was on the moon riding my quadbike with popped tires while i was listening to pink floyd and watching seinfeld on a little tv watch, then suddenly the moon transformed into earth and i found myself at the coastline… suddenly my sister
apared and then she got eaten by a “spekkhogger” dont know the word in English but its one of those black and white whale looking creatures with those huge teeth and all… so when i saw that i just sat down and started laughing lol, and outa nowhere my dad jumped out and rescued my sister and threw her down inside a crack in a mountain :open_mouth: lol… (almost makes me wanna stop working on my dream recall :wink: )

practice makes perfect. That’s all you need to know.

I love random dreams!!. (fightin t-rex’s under the earth with a pet dragon anyone)(read about my dreams iin m DJ!)
points to sig
NOTE: haven’t updated it in a while cuz, well you know.

:happy: randomness ftw, and sounds fun lol il go read it now

I did at one point have decent dream recall the second time I had gotten motivated to try and lucid dream I could remember quite a few dreams never saw any connection between them though really so I couldn’t use similarities to trigger a ld though.

lately my dream recall has been horrible though i’m trying to get it back up to stat.

Another thing I’ve used the WILD technique before even though it’s generally for more expirenced people I wanted to try all the methods I could. Like way to many other people i’ve had trouble but I can’t find anyone else with this same problem (if anyone knows another topic about this point me to it). I did the counting and almost instantly I get the little color blurs but then nothing else really happens and I keep almost opening my eyes it really gets hard to keep counting and keep my eyes closed I’ll probably give up WILD because of it though i maybe should anyone until I can actually manage to get a good lucid dream from MILD.

In mine and many other people’s opinion, no dreams are just random. Your dreams represent a part of you. Some people believe that every aspect of a dream is really yourself. Like, say you had a baby or something, that baby could represent your childish side, or whatever. In other cases, dreams can give you a lot of insight on yourself and life. I think it’s kind of hard to start lucidly dreaming without appreciation of your normal dreams. I tend to go into a lot of dry spells, lately I’ve had a lucid dream every nigh for the past week, my last lucid dream before that was last summer. If you make it a habit to tell yourself you’ll have lucid dreams, or suggest to yourself you will dream of a certain thing, do reality checks, and all sorts of other things, after a while all of those things will pay off. You shouldn’t give up, it takes a lot of time for some people.

Oh, and as other people have said, you remembering your dreams better is a bigger deal than you think. That’s really the first step. Try writing or typing up your dreams too, for me, it was kind of hard to keep up with and sort of annoying, but after a while you get used to it. If you do that, you’ll recognize certain recurring dream signs. If you can identify the recurring dream signs, you’ll have a good chance of remembering them in your dreams and you’ll become lucid. :3

I don’t know guess I won’t find out until I get my recall better.

Yeah.

Oh yeah, one more tip. I see you said earlier that you try the whole lucid thing on and off. I’m not sure what type of methods you use, but it if you suggest lucid dreaming to yourself every day and do reality checks every day, all of those things will accumulate in your head after a while. Which is why it’s a good idea to try every day rather than every once in a while.

Oh oh, and try picking up a good LD book. Like Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, or Creative Dreaming by Patricia Garfield, ooor The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Ripoche. :happy:

I would like to get a book on it :read:
sadly though I lack money right now.

Would it be that you were riding on the Dark Side of the Moon? :happy:

[b]I have always enjoyed thinking about the dreams I can recall, I quite enjoy my dreams. I am sure they will become even more interesting once I can unlock the secrets to lucidity in my own mind :razz:

I dedicate much time to thinking of my dreams when I remember them. I’d like to find a way to remember them more easily. This morning I couldn’t remember any of the dreams I had that night. Any ways I can assure that I will remember my dreams?[/b]

At first, I usually remembered about one dream every two nights, not always fully. It was frustrating at first, but I wrote down the dreams I did have right when I woke up, and thought about them. After about a week and a half my recall was visibly improving. Patience is a virtue :tongue: !

I have already planned to start a dream journal of my own, I have no problems with patience :razz:

I checked out the wolf game thing and I was intrigued is everything locked there because it’s stats and already started games or is it because of the recent like server meltdown.

I believe it’s because the game has already started.

Good for you, patience is a really great thing to have. I wish I had a bit more of it. xD