When you wake up do you feel the same as yesterday?

When you wake up do you feel the same as yesterday?

Sometimes I worry that when I go to sleep, in the morning i’ll be different. Different in ways such as my behaviour, additude, happyness, energy, creativity… frame of mind. If you’ve ever stayed up for a couple of days without sleep you’ll know that it feels like one long day. However if you go to sleep in between, even if it’s just an hour or two you’ll wake up not only refreshed but everything could actually be different.

Right now i’m in the middle of working on a song, as well as an art piece. I’m also moving house on the 17th, so I feel as if I only have so much time before things change. When I wake up theres a chance my creativity will be lost and I won’t be able to finish my song or art piece. I want to sleep, I want to dream… everynight is another chance for a Lucid Dream and a bright and shiny new day follows… yet sometimes I want the day to be prolonged so in the current state of mind I can finish what I know needs finishing.

If I wake up I might perform different, feel differently… there’s no security in yourself when you realise this. It can be a scary thing… yet we have faith that nothing bad will happen even though it could. I guess if you want to live a happy life you need to live in the moment everyday. If you worry about tomorrow, well you’ve just wasted today.

“yet we have faith that nothing bad will happen even though it could.”

:open_mouth: poor you that think that way (i think) im happy and i never worry about anything, just chill and dont think about evrything so much i think it would help you :content:

hope this didnt sound 2 evil that wasnt my intention =/

Nah, it’s all good… I was just thinking for a moment there I suppose.

This is interesting, i just had a chat conversation about the same thing. While we sleep, several hours passes. How we feel, think and perform change constantly, and “leaving ourself” for 8 hours could make that change more notable because of the passing time. There is really no way to predict how we will feel tomorrow, or in one hour…we can only know how we feel right now, and that everything will eventually pass. I think you are quite different also after two days of not sleeping, we just don’t notice because the change is constant…does this make sense?

I don’t think about it at all, so I can’t really say. Heck most of the time I don’t even remember what position I was in when I fell asleep. :tongue:

Siiw understands what i’m saying… :smile: spot on.

I also meant that staying up for two days to finish a song might not be a very good idea…because the mood would change, either we were sleeping or not. Unless you are making a song about sleep deprivation?

Sometimes, songs have been lost for me just because of things like conversations or walking to another place…the song would feel like just an empty sequence of notes in a changed setting,

The only noticeable change in my attitude after sleeping, besides tiredness, is that I feel worse about things. On more than one occasion I’ve stayed up late into the night and had an idea that I thought was great, only to wake up the next morning thinking it was a stupid idea. In addition, I almost always feel more pessimistic and depressed immediately after waking.

Maybe I don’t get good sleep.

I have sort of thought about similar thing myself. For example my Swedish studies. I start reading swedish newspapers before sleeping, and I really enjoy studying this language, but then I get tired, but I still want to study.
Eventually I give up, purely based on me being tired, rather than not motivated, and I promise to myself that I will study tomorrow morning, because it makes me feel good.

But then the following morning I couldnt be bothered and get annoyed at myself that I dont study, even though I enjoy it so much.

Weird…
So I tottaly understand where you are coming from… things DO chamge over night!

Sometimes when going to sleep I’m like “I don’t bl,oody wanna turn the lights off”.

It’s like I know somehting HORRIBLE is gonna happen, absurd, oh yes.

Usually I wake up feeling depressed about things. I almost always go to bed in good spirits though. I have SAD though, so I’m probably different from most, hehehe.

If anybody ever feels really bad with a continuous grey spell, I recommend that you get a SAD lamp. They work quite well, I would say.

I understand. I relize that every morning I wake up.

specialy when I was pissed off the night before. or if I was crying.

The next day it’s like, everything changed.