How much time did you spend until you have your first LD??

well idk if FILD counts cause idk i read soemwhere that it doesnt count but maybe i was one of the lucky ones… I had my first LD ony my first try. I tried it for the first time yesterday and heard fo this for only a week or so. So i did the nose RC and walala I was lucid lol wished i would of done more but hey it was my first, i just looked at my around my house and i saw something disturbing and ran and woke up when I slammed my door. Im gonna try today to see if works again.

Probably about a day after I found out what the word meant.

A month and a half after I really started trying.

took me about 3 weeks got it DILD

I still haven’t had a real one and its been about 4 months. I’m still really trying! I really hope I get one before I finally get frustrated, because I can already remember at least 2 dreams a night.

It took me about a month to get a 30 second lucid dream. I lost it when I kissed a girl I liked, hehehe. It took me around 5 months to get my first really stable lucid dream, and I haven’t had a long, stable one since. Speaking of which, I haven’t had a lucid dream in a month. :sad:

When I first started, it took about 1 week.
the 2nd time I got back into it, it took a month.

It took me about 4 months after I found out about it and joined this site. What’s funny is that I had been trying WILD and WBTB methods while doing reality checks occasionally throughout the day and the one that worked was DILD. I did the nose thing and the test failed so I knew I was dreaming. What’s odd is that I woke up the next morning to find out this site had gone down overnight. Total, I have only had 1 lucid dream, and one semi-lucid dream.

2 months

yeah 6th months to be exact and still trying :bored:

Been trying for 2 years, still have not had one yet.

There’s some encouragement for you fellas!

It took me longer then most people. I wasn’t as dedicated as some. but it took me almost a whole year

I actually had a LD before I even knew about the concept. But for my first intentional LD, I spent about a week or two before I had one.

I think I achieved one so fast because I had already experienced lucidity, and I with all my thought wanted to have another one. Being overly anxious really paid off, lol.

It took me a ten days to get my dream recall up to a good level. A few days later I had a LD, but that one was nightmare induced (had that before), so that one doesn’t count. :tongue:

Then I had a really busy period, lasting two weeks. After two more weeks I actually started to do serious techs, and within three days I got my first two (came without using techs though :tongue: ). That was on new year’s day. :smile:

So that makes six weeks. :content:

I’ve been practising WILD for 3 weeks now, but it seems something is keeping me to get it… alwais getting nearer, but never to the whole thing… good is that now i can get to SP in as little as 10 minutes while at the beginning i needed like 1 hour…

7 months and counting.

It was probably a couple of years for me too. I never did start a dream journal but I had lucid dreaming on the brain and read about it often.

I think my problem is poor dream recall. Who knows, I may have started having them right away but not remembered them, although I doubt it.

I had small close calls along the way. First thing I remember was when I dreamed that I was having a LD. Sounds weird I know, but it was definitely a ND about having a LD. It was freaky.

Then I had occasional short, low level LDs where I was not in control in any way. If I’m lucky, I get one every few months now. So far I’ve had one where I truly felt like I was “in my dream.” It was awesome.

at age 10- 12 often i just
chose to dream on :smile: had to relearn it now (now its much more vivid )

just under two weeks

It actually took me 3 days from starting LD training(think it was because I was so hyped about it), now 2 weeks from my first “real” LD and still trying…Kind’a frustrating.

PS. That first LD was more of an appetizer.