are lucid dreams against my religion?

hi im new and have been browsing these forums. i have noticed there are things such as tarots and they are not something i usually accept.

i am Christian. anyone know if its k to lucid dream?

Why wouldn’t it be okay?

Yes It’s fine! Christianity has no say in whether you are aloud to control your dreams or not!

christanity doesn’t say anything about normal dreaming, right? So then there shouldn’t really be anything lucid dreaming either. And by the way I don’t know what tarots are… aren’t they like fortune telling or seomthing? Well I’m with you on that one, I find them farce, kinda.

well like you I steer clear of tarot cards and readings :meh: and I also choose not to do certain things in LDs. But lucid dreaming itself IMO is perfectly innocent and natural. If you use the search feature you will find an old topic entitled “Is lucid a sin?” and similar topics and the answer always turns out the same that the actual LDing itself isn’t sinful in any way.

Lucid dreaming doesn’t deal with Tarots… Maybe tarot card practices deal with lucid dreaming, I don’t know.
Lucid dreaming doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with religion. By wich I mean. Maybe religions other than christianity use lucid dreaming, and is evil by association, to christians. But that is ofcourse nonsense. It’s like saying, Nazis love their country, so if you love your country, you are a nazi.

thx for all the replies! yeah, maybe i didn’t see tarot cards on this site or whatever. it kinda scared me because im totally against that stuff. so yeah, thanks so much. im gonna fly tonight for the first time, like my fav game character, NiGHTS! i think ill use WBTB since it seems easy, but ill pursue my research still

go for it!

:thumbs:

Lucid dreaming probably isn’t against any religon. If it is, that religon is a cult. A CULT I SAY!

the two chatspeak posts that followed this one were removed :moogle:

I’m a Christian and I practice lucid dreaming. It is something that God has given us the ability to do. You can use anything for good or for bad, including lucid dreams.

My advice: Ask God

If you do decide to lucid dream, do it in a way that embraces God and this ability which he has given us.

NOTE: I think it is important to keep your morals straight, even in your lucid dreams.

I had one lucid dream where I prayed to God, and I felt so connected with him. “Good” is the best word I can describe it as.

Hope I helped,
Slinger

My aunt is a very religious catholic Mexican woman, and when I told her about lucid dreaming she didn’t believe it was even possible. So in short, I don’t think it’s considered sinful to lucid dream, it’s just that most christians are totally oblivious to it in the first place.

As said, Lucid dreaming is not heathonistic, and does not run(or certainly does not need to run) contrary to any popular modern religion. If you feel uncomfortable doing certain things in a lucid dream, then by all means do not do them! Happy dreaming.

-To SLINGER: I am personally an Athiest, and do not understand how slinger can advise lordrr to ask God. Speaking objectively, should god exist, he has obviously taken on a custom of non-interference, presumeably to leave free will intact. How then can a person ask God anything and expect an answer, as you seem to? If you ask god and find the answer within yourself, you are asking yourself. I wish for an explanation, not an offense, though I realise christians are often offended by athiests and vice versa. This is not the topic for that, although i’d never back down from a debate, as long as my opponent is armed :wink:

I agree with everybody else but we all have to realize that in certain circumstances everything can be considered evil.
For example, if I used my lucid dreams to see someone I like naked this would not only be very creepy but it would also be very evil. On the other hand, if you believe that you can extend your awareness with this then you could use it to win the lottery and donate a large sum of money to a church (i’m trying to get this idea across to everyone haha).
And then the sun would come out and it would be the day that little orphan Annie referred to as “Tomorrow!”
(sorry got a little carried away at the end)
Oh and to that Athiest guy (i’m cool with the Athiest part btw and no offense; just can’t seem to remember your name) I believe that even if “lordoftherings” is just asking himself if the thing is a sin there could still be divine intervention/karma/whatever you want to call it.
Darn I sound childish.

What I am going to say is based on my beliefs. We share a different perspective, so you may see it differently than I do, but this is what I meant:

While God gives us free will, he does not set us loose in the world with no direction. He warns us of certain situations, and if it is necessary, he answers questions. I had the same worries as our fried lordrr here when I first wanted to lucid dream. So, I asked God to bring the truth to me about whether is good, or bad, or if I could use it in a way that embraces my beliefs.

So you were asking how we can get an explicit answer from God? Well, I think its different for everyone, and since you are an Athiest, I’m not sure you could understand it the same way I do. I obviously don’t hear clear words, but I get certain feelings and certain events happen. What I mean is, during a day, something will happen and I will just “understand” what to do. Or sometimes, I actually get a physical feeling, usually in the back of my neck :content: . Yea, I know thats a little weird. But everyone recieves answeres differently in my opinion. When I first asked about LDing, the feeling I got was bad, and rightfully so. It wasn’t lDing that was bad, but the way I was approaching it. I was becoming obsessed and my motivation was looking more like using LDing as an “escape mechanism” rather than that for creativity/exploration. So, I stopped for a while and I came back with a clear mind. And…I got good “answers.” I appologize if my reply to lordrr was unclear or unfeasable to you. However, since lordrr shares the same religion as I, I assumed he would be able to interpret it as advice from a Christian to a Christian.

Slinger

That really clears it up, slinger, thank you. The way alot of people speak about it, it simply seems unfeasable. Our beliefs are obiously contrary, to me it seems like you’re just more in tune with your natural feelings. Still, i suppose nothing is more natural than God, no? I think partly my confusion may be that there are alot of fundamentalists at my school. Not to mention how the current U.S. president tells the world about how god spoke to him and told him do “rid the world of fear” or something. That sort of conviction can be good of course, but to a heathen like me, it seems a little misplaced.

And Raethin, you seem quite far from childish. That sort of thing seems to thrive on this forum.

Sorry If I drove this too far off topic.

If you look closely, there are people dreaming lucidly in the Bible…

I was gonna say that because I read it somewhere on the wikipedia… but I couldn’t find where…

That’s very interesting Donoteat, please can you give me the verse or chapter and book? I’d like to read and interpret it that way.

I’m also a christian, and Slinger that’s the best way I’ve ever seen it put, and I’ve been trying to put that in words for a long time. I also agree with you when you say, “From a Christian to a Christian.” Because when I read your first post I knew excactly what you were saying. I get answers the pretty much excact way, so you were right that he would know what you were saying at the time.

As far as I know lucid dreaming is allowed by any religion, but that’s just what I know. But what can stop you? I don’t think God is gonna smite you down cause you happen to have a LD.

I might have gone too far, sorry if anyone is offended. But i’m rather like an athiest.

I don’t remember exactly where, I think it was David or someone with a name starting with a “D” who wrote “I had a dream, and my heart was awakened during the dream” or something very similar, which almost certainly means something like LDing.