How much time did you spend until you have your first LD??

Been trying for 2 years, still have not had one yet.

There’s some encouragement for you fellas!

It took me longer then most people. I wasn’t as dedicated as some. but it took me almost a whole year

I actually had a LD before I even knew about the concept. But for my first intentional LD, I spent about a week or two before I had one.

I think I achieved one so fast because I had already experienced lucidity, and I with all my thought wanted to have another one. Being overly anxious really paid off, lol.

It took me a ten days to get my dream recall up to a good level. A few days later I had a LD, but that one was nightmare induced (had that before), so that one doesn’t count. :tongue:

Then I had a really busy period, lasting two weeks. After two more weeks I actually started to do serious techs, and within three days I got my first two (came without using techs though :tongue: ). That was on new year’s day. :smile:

So that makes six weeks. :content:

I’ve been practising WILD for 3 weeks now, but it seems something is keeping me to get it… alwais getting nearer, but never to the whole thing… good is that now i can get to SP in as little as 10 minutes while at the beginning i needed like 1 hour…

7 months and counting.

It was probably a couple of years for me too. I never did start a dream journal but I had lucid dreaming on the brain and read about it often.

I think my problem is poor dream recall. Who knows, I may have started having them right away but not remembered them, although I doubt it.

I had small close calls along the way. First thing I remember was when I dreamed that I was having a LD. Sounds weird I know, but it was definitely a ND about having a LD. It was freaky.

Then I had occasional short, low level LDs where I was not in control in any way. If I’m lucky, I get one every few months now. So far I’ve had one where I truly felt like I was “in my dream.” It was awesome.

at age 10- 12 often i just
chose to dream on :smile: had to relearn it now (now its much more vivid )

just under two weeks

It actually took me 3 days from starting LD training(think it was because I was so hyped about it), now 2 weeks from my first “real” LD and still trying…Kind’a frustrating.

PS. That first LD was more of an appetizer.

An hour at most.

It was crazy, my friend had told me about her OBE experiences and I started reading about it online. Somewhere on the way I read a few things about lucid dreaming too. Then I got tired, decided to take a nap and had my first lucid dream naturally.

That was about half a year ago and I had two LD’s since then (only one longer, really lucid one though). All without induction methods. I’m just looking into that now, that’s why I joined the forum! :smile:

Good luck!

After the first day I read about it I had a LD. It only lasted a second, because some sort of evil… err… thingy was coming down the hallway toward the couch I was sitting in, and I thought, “I’m too tired to deal with this, I’m leaving!” and woke up.

It took a month for me to get another one.

A long time ago, I had LDs around twice every week, without thinking. The number gradually decreased until it was zero about three years ago. It took me around a month to have an induced one.

bout 2 weeks

i was a very fast learner :tongue:

though my LD only lasted a few seconds :sad:

same here but i used i doser

Holy crap… I’ve been thinking over lucidity since I read LaBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming last summer, and still no results. :cry:
Even though my dream-recall can go as high as four dreams per night, and they’ve become so much more vivid than before I started my DJ.

Almost makes me paranoid about my subconscious not letting me have the fun. :razz:

Couple months of occasionally trying, I’ve had a few short ones since then.

It all started when I quit smoking for a few weeks and was actually able to remember my dreams.

It took me about 2 months to have my first one, it’s also the only one so far that wasn’t helped by WBTB and the LD included Ethric Projecton and Dual Consciousness(I think that’s what it’s called)…I didn’t know anything other that ‘be motivated and remember your dreams’ and that’s pretty much all I did, I probably would have had better results if I kept a dream journal, but I remembered all my dreams very well regardless.

It took me 1-2 weeks.Turns out a dream joarnal really helps.
but even though i have had 5 so far after finding this website i think i have had 1 when i was 7.

after reading this topic i can’t help but get jealous :neutral:

i refuse to count the crap LDs of epic fail.