hard time get back to sleep

hi guys…

i am practising wbtb now but everytime after i wake up, is difficult for me to get back to sleep again…has it happen to anyone else?

thanks

chong

How long are you staying up?

Perhaps you could try getting up earlier so you are more tired.

gie:

when i wake up around 3am, i went to toilet then go back to bed again. i close mine eye and trying to stay still but mine legs want to move around…and most of the time, i will stay awake until working time around 8-9am…

hi caz,

i thought we suppose to have at least 4 -5 hours sleep for using the wbtb nethod? if getting up earlier then will it give any bad effects ? thanks

chong

Hi Chong, welcome to the forums. The thing with WBTB is its meant to be used when you are in the middle of REM sleep. There are various stages of sleep, and REM is where most of the dreaming occurs.

Near the end of your sleep, or 1-2 hours before is the last stage of REM and it is usually the longest. If you can wake up during this time you should be able to fall asleep a lot easier. Also, the advantage to waking up during the REM period is that you will remember your dream (well, usually) and so you can picture yourself in that dream you were having in order to induce a LD.

Good luck.

Slinger

I meant that if you were getting up after 6 hours of sleep, then maybe get up after 5. But it looks like it wouldn’t make a difference for you.

This is very true. Last night, I did WBTB for the first time (I went to sleep at 12:30am, woke up at 5:45am and went back to sleep somewhere between 6:40am and 7am) and remembered a dream more vividly than I have remembered any dreams in a long long time (I have stopped keeping a DJ).

I’m not an expert at WBTB, but maybe you could try actually being out of bed for longer instead of going to the toilet then going straight back to bed. Last night I went to the toilet, got a drink, did a sudoku and some other things before I got back into bed, although it did take me longer to get back to sleep than it usually would. Watching TV usually makes me extremely tired during the evening and at night, so maybe you could try that? Hope it goes well.

hi,

thnaks for replying.
so for mine case, if i sleep at 12am, what time should i wake up?
usually i sleep less than 8 hours…
most of the time, i have a small nap in the afternoon , around 3-4pm, do u think i should stop this habit?

thanks

chong

You could try WILD when you take your nap in the afternoon.
don

In terms of sleeping well at night, yes you should stop. It is not recommended by psychologists to take naps because it will give you less sleep at night.

However, in terms of WILD, naps are said to be a good time to do them because you are less tired and can be more aware.

Slinger

if it is hard, melatonin might help, but be careful because it could carry on till the next morning, so make sure that the next morning isn’t a school/work day if you take melatonin late at night. melatonin can even increase some people’s lucidity. my suggestion is: take a melatonin b4 bed, set your alarm clock SUPREMELY LOUD, and wake up and you should be dead tired.